Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 673901 times)

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate, a Succession Fortress Against Evil
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2014, 04:45:08 pm »

Even that may not work. So far, if my memory serves me right, they've gotten some legendaries +2-5. That's almost godlike.

Edit: I have confirmation:

If I look at the creatures with DFHack, in one case the dwarf went from rank 1 to rank 89 in axe skill, where 0 is dabbling, 15 is grand master, and 20 is legendary+5. The other skills that became "legendary" also gained about 89 ranks.

So yes, the bug does appear to convert the creature into a god of war.

So I wasn't even giving it it's due.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 04:51:01 pm by TalonisWolf »
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2014, 04:48:50 pm »

oh well was a good idea.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2014, 07:40:23 pm »

Also welcome back Sarrak! A thousand fluffies shall be prepared in your honor.
I'm somewhat disturbed, yet internally pleased by this eager sacrifice. It shall keep me occupied for some time... Maybe.

Really, thank you and everyone else for the epic saga, which I have yet to finish reading.

We could do the shaft of enlightenment bug but the dwarfs most survive from it and cant have any grasping or walking prombles for them to join the amry.
I think we can use Shaft to summon a Champion, blessed by Armok himself. If flow of the story demands so. But I'm still against it - Shaft gives just too much experience for nothing
Hmm how about we make it that after they do the spear they must go through a gauntlet of enemies and stuff wearing nothing at all(Also we could have them olny use wood weapons for balance issues.)

I say no. It doesn't matter what weapons they have if they dodge absolutely everything. Wrestling's still broken, remember?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2014, 07:55:50 pm »

Yeah, unless the fall was long enough for there to be like a fifty per cent chance of dying and we could only do it once a year, I think we should stay away from the shaft.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2014, 08:06:31 pm »

Okay.... How about forced swimming training?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2014, 08:20:10 pm »

I'd say avoid all that kind of stuff.

I'm about to finish the modding, maybe by tomorrow it will be ready?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2014, 08:22:24 pm »

Feel free to do anything that isn't an exploit, as long as it doesn't kill a bunch of dwarfs for no reason. Note that killing a bunch of dwarfs for !!SCIENCE!! is perfectly fine.

Edit: excellent. I'll be busy Sunday, but I should have a reasonable update Monday/Tuesday if you finish this weekend. Is it ok if I try to stay as far as possible from aquifers when setting up the fort? I just don't like them.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 08:28:31 pm by Deus Asmoth »
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2014, 08:29:55 pm »

Build it near the coast, but other than that it is fair game.  And near can be relative.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2014, 09:09:31 pm »

Hmm If we still going to us my megabeast I should do some testing with it so testing tonight yay. :D

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2014, 12:09:48 am »

Edit: excellent. I'll be busy Sunday, but I should have a reasonable update Monday/Tuesday if you finish this weekend. Is it ok if I try to stay as far as possible from aquifers when setting up the fort? I just don't like them.
Build it near the coast, but other than that it is fair game.  And near can be relative.
Let's not built it too near the coast. There is that annoying glitch that floods a fortress near the ocean after abandonment, and I personally like to explore them. As for aquifers, I think that they are quite useful, and I vote that we embark with one.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2014, 12:12:52 am »

Let's not built it too near the coast. There is that annoying glitch that floods a fortress near the ocean after abandonment, and I personally like to explore them. As for aquifers, I think that they are quite useful, and I vote that we embark with one.

This, only make sure the aquifer is in a biome that doesn't take up the whole embark. Just in case things go wrong.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2014, 01:24:47 am »

If you can embark on a relatively flat space, that'd be a boone for surface fortification construction. I got plans for when I get my laptop back. Somehow all my forts gradually morph into giant citadels these days.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2014, 08:12:54 am »

Whelp the megabeast is very special megabeast. It can only be hurt by adamantium swords and steel weapons, So anything that is stronger then iron will might hurt it. But It likes to wrestle you to the ground and break your bones and then kick your head of almost every time.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2014, 09:56:51 am »

Whelp the megabeast is very special megabeast. It can only be hurt by adamantium swords and steel weapons, So anything that is stronger then iron will might hurt it. But It likes to wrestle you to the ground and break your bones and then kick your head of almost every time.

Good thing bolts are OP and chances are we won't encounter it more than once.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2014, 11:15:49 am »

Good thing bolts are OP and chances are we won't encounter it more than once.
Yeah I tested those to it seems the bolts and break bones and fracture them to but it does not die till shot in the head.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 172