Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 665454 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate: There Are No Heroes
« Reply #660 on: April 17, 2014, 07:00:18 pm »

MDF, I think he meant that Vlad doesn't know who's stalking people rather than Dan is schizophrenic, which would be (even more) worrying.
No i was saying that vlad does not know who is stalking them.
That's... exactly the same thing as what I just wrote. And fractal's character is the guy who's been trying to heal you of your cough.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: April 17, 2014, 07:03:55 pm »

MDF, I think he meant that Vlad doesn't know who's stalking people rather than Dan is schizophrenic, which would be (even more) worrying.
No i was saying that vlad does not know who is stalking them.
That's... exactly the same thing as what I just wrote. And fractal's character is the guy who's been trying to heal you of your cough.

Well, Vlad's previously threatened Dan to stop staring at Thane. So I think it's fair to say he knows.
I mean nobody is so stealthy that they can just continuously watch someone for over a year without anyone noticing, and you get perception experience in the military.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: April 17, 2014, 07:33:38 pm »

Joyce’s Journal
Time to Go
--
I heard the scream of that little broad, though she didn’t get any of the lye on herself; if she did, the girl wouldn’t stop so quickly. It seems that Tarmid is indeed as reactive as I had initially presumed. The girl also seems to be quite impulsive, and she’ll do anything for her farm. Still, not even she would fall for the exact same trick twice.

I’m going to need to move quickly; I have no doubt that Tarmid made her talk. Frankly, I think that the studious scribe knows
exactly who I am, and this is just the excuse that he needs to justify an arrest. The blasted hypocrite: performing torture in the name of justice. It may seem hypocritical coming from me, but he’s a dwarf, making it against his nature; I’m something that is no longer a dwarf.

I’ll need to get out of this fortress before he assembles his guard. As soon as the coast is clear, I’m heading for the caverns. I know the general direction of the island in relation to the mainland; just follow the smell of the century-old blood and you’ll eventually find your way at one of Shank’s farms, if not Steelhold itself. I’ve packed up my folio in cloth, along with my other writing supplies. If I get apprehended, I’ll just stick with my pre-planned stories and hope to convince the public to give me naught but a hammer-strike or two.

I’ve also collected some samples of rock from an old set of ruins in the deep caverns below this place. I’ll need to test it, but I’m pretty sure its slade! If this is so, then I believe I’ve found the source of the thaumateurgical aura of this fortress. Perhaps I shall return one day.…
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: April 18, 2014, 04:52:43 am »

What exactly is Artyom's status and has he been put into the knight squad yet?
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: April 18, 2014, 04:40:07 pm »

What exactly is Artyom's status and has he been put into the knight squad yet?

I think he is, although I can't remember why I do.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: April 18, 2014, 06:37:02 pm »

You know what this thread lacks? I'll tell you: We need more interaction between Vlad and Gnora. We have two dwarves with a mutual hatred for each other, and do we take advantage of this? No! we throw one in the barracks and the other in the farm. I'm beginning to think that Gnora's been throwing her lye at the wrong dwarf. We'll have to remedy this; it will make things more interesting.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: April 18, 2014, 07:16:16 pm »

Can't believe I'm saying this, but you guys have gone soft! Steelhold was full of chaos and plotting and such, but this has barely lifted off!

Then again, Steelhold had a slow start to...
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: April 18, 2014, 07:58:06 pm »

I'll tell you what. If the fortress hasn't gone into total anarchy by my second turn, I'll send someone to pull out the adamantine sword from the mysterious structure. Presumably, something bad will happen after that, the only other time I successfully got the sword out before was in adventure mode (zombies killed the fortress above it).
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: April 18, 2014, 08:19:43 pm »

I'll tell you what. If the fortress hasn't gone into total anarchy by my second turn, I'll send someone to pull out the adamantine sword from the mysterious structure. Presumably, something bad will happen after that, the only other time I successfully got the sword out before was in adventure mode (zombies killed the fortress above it).
Wait we have a structure in this fort... Interesting that could do wonders for my character.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: April 18, 2014, 10:00:26 pm »

Can't believe I'm saying this, but you guys have gone soft! Steelhold was full of chaos and plotting and such, but this has barely lifted off!

Then again, Steelhold had a slow start to...

You know why we haven't had utter bedlam?
No semi-intentional murder/dubious competence this time.

But some people don't like to idea of purposefully killing our ex-overseers. Hrmph. It's the finest of Steelholdianite traditions!

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: April 18, 2014, 10:03:28 pm »

True we need bloodkin but there are problems with files. I think we should fix the files and restart.
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: April 18, 2014, 10:17:46 pm »

True we need bloodkin but there are problems with files. I think we should fix the files and restart.
I don't think that most of the members of this thread want to restart, myself included.

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: April 18, 2014, 10:27:37 pm »

The longer we go on the harder it will be to restart. Do we even know at what point the bloodkin will first attack?
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: April 18, 2014, 10:31:20 pm »

I don't think that most of the members of this thread want to restart, myself included.

We don't even know that they won't show up, only that we haven't reached the stage where they should show up yet.
The only thing that really is worrisome is the missing tags. I hope they're not really necessary because a) you can get besieged by races without them and b) the first one to trigger is really the only one that matters, so you should be able to get by at one.
The weird thing is that we haven't seen them at all. I think they should be [BABYSNATCHER], in which case they're hostile by default.

If someone wants to download the save and try to play until the 'kin show up or we know they won't at all, be my guest. Until we've done testing though, a restart is really out of the question.

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: April 18, 2014, 10:37:06 pm »

Somebody get the save, open the fort up station the military and walk away for a while. If you get back and there's been attack we know if not we don't.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 172