Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 673848 times)

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate: There Are No Heroes
« Reply #690 on: April 20, 2014, 03:20:30 pm »

A new person yay. One, what's your idea. Two, you my friend need a dwarf.
One, be patient. Two, I'll take Unib the weaponsmith. Dwarf me as Flame and set me to make silver serrated disks or something until I'm legendary.

I think it's either the youth of the fort or a testament to your collective organizational skills, because I can actually make sense of this fort. Or I'm still reeling from looking at Murdermachines. Unfortunately this means I can't do my standard 'oh shit where is everything' speech.

Also, is there a way to make a dwarf go insane/berserk on command? If not I'll improvise.
I need to make a character bio also thank you for the complement.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: April 20, 2014, 03:35:23 pm »

If anyone cares Dodok's real name is Ingiz Laststeel. I think that's a pretty cool name.

EDIT: Some tips for the next overseer, these may be outdated because I'm using the last save.
1. Melt all the individual bolts lying around. We need the metal.
2. Also melt the goblin armor and weapons, we don't need them.
3. Make some helmets, all we have are goblin ones. We even have a master armorsmith, come on!
4. We have sun berries. Put a farm of the surface and start planting!
5. MECHANISMS FOR THE MECHANISM GOD! TRAPS FOR THE TRAP GOD! GODS FOR THE GOD GOD!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 03:53:10 pm by TheFlame52 »

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: April 20, 2014, 05:11:48 pm »

If anyone cares Dodok's real name is Ingiz Laststeel. I think that's a pretty cool name.

EDIT: Some tips for the next overseer, these may be outdated because I'm using the last save.
3. Make some helmets, all we have are goblin ones. We even have a master armorsmith, come on!
5. MECHANISMS FOR THE MECHANISM GOD! TRAPS FOR THE TRAP GOD! GODS FOR THE GOD GOD!
1. NO! The bolts must be used to kill more gobs! We can make bismuth bronze in large quantities as it is.
2. NO! We can use the iron that they have to improve our arsenals as it is.
3. We have helmets....
4. NO! Sun berries are Dwarven cannabis!
5. Good idea.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: April 20, 2014, 05:18:48 pm »

1. NO! The bolts must be used to kill more gobs! We can make bismuth bronze in large quantities as it is.
2. NO! We can use the iron that they have to improve our arsenals as it is.
3. We have helmets....
4. NO! Sun berries are Dwarven cannabis!
5. Good idea.
1. The individual bolts lying around don't get restacked, which leads to markdwarves endlessly searching for more ammo if they're not forbidden. So melt the bastards.
2. Item quality matters for combat; goblinite is lowest possible quality. So melting it and reforging it would be worth it just from that angle.
3. See above post - get dat item quality up.
4. Smoke golden syrup erryday 420
5. I have no idea what I'm doing
6. ????
7. PROFIT!

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: April 20, 2014, 05:23:28 pm »

Regarding 2, I think we have access to flux stone and we definitely have plenty of processed coal, so melting down the goblin gear is a much better idea than keeping it as it is now, since

a: steel>iron.
b: our weapons and armour would have a better quality than theirs anyway.
c: better for the framerate. This also applies to the bolts.
d: the Knights wouldn't be very happy about wearing armour that has the symbol of the local goblin civilisation engraved on it, which I think nearly all goblin armour does.
e: our militia only has like twenty members anyway, which is less armour needed than is in a single siege, so there's no point keeping the excess around.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: April 20, 2014, 05:24:52 pm »

Dammit MDF and Asmoth, you ninjas. Also, I agree with MDF's post, with the addition that rat weed is dwarven cannabis, not sun berries. Sun berries are magic oranges.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: April 20, 2014, 05:27:48 pm »

Dammit MDF and Asmoth, you ninjas. Also, I agree with MDF's post, with the addition that rat weed is dwarven cannabis, not sun berries. Sun berries are magic oranges.

"Valley Herb".
That is all.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: April 20, 2014, 05:34:24 pm »

Valley herbs are definitely a depressant, but I've always assumed that sunshine was some sort of drinkable hashish that nobles like to drink at parties.

Also, here's a quote from Steelhold:
". . . 'In fact,' he continued, 'it is not the healing properties of the salve that makes it such a valued item on the black market, but rather the natural properties of the original herb's extracts as a powerful depressant. I have become -- in my experience with rolling various types of cigarettes -- quite familiar with such properties of the valley herb, and I believe that I have found a means to use it to feign death. . . . The extract from the valley herbs, combined with the relaxing qualities of wine, have created a substance that will slowly cause the systems of the body to shut down.'"
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: April 20, 2014, 05:40:14 pm »

Valley herbs are definitely a depressant, but I've always assumed that sunshine was some sort of drinkable hashish that nobles like to drink at parties.

Also, here's a quote from Steelhold:
". . . 'In fact,' he continued, 'it is not the healing properties of the salve that makes it such a valued item on the black market, but rather the natural properties of the original herb's extracts as a powerful depressant. I have become -- in my experience with rolling various types of cigarettes -- quite familiar with such properties of the valley herb, and I believe that I have found a means to use it to feign death. . . . The extract from the valley herbs, combined with the relaxing qualities of wine, have created a substance that will slowly cause the systems of the body to shut down.'"

So everything that Corley has done can effectively be blamed on Dwarven Pot. Although all that messing about with the 'secret project' with Emdief now makes marginally more sense. (What were you trying to do with that?)
Someone call Nancy Grace. #PotToBlame

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: April 20, 2014, 05:47:22 pm »

I... think I'll be sticking with the plump helmets from now on.

In any case, Flame, you have to post an introduction for your dwarf before getting one. It doesn't have to be anything extensive, just a bit about their personality and why they're at the fortress. You can also include a threat to the elf lover who reads your journal in the first entry, but I don't think that's compulsory.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: April 20, 2014, 06:49:46 pm »

Plump helmets are dwarven magic mushrooms. I mean hallucinations for the hallucination gods but I like blood for the blood god better
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: April 20, 2014, 07:43:32 pm »

I'm a guy, but I guess I'll sacrifice that for the sake of the narrative.

Flame drifted up through the glowing barrier. She'd had to leave her body behind to undertake this task, but it was in the good care of some of her friends. Besides, she could find a new one. She floated around to find until she found a suitable host. A female dwarf, a skilled weaponsmith, with a husband not at the fort. She figured she would have enough influence to preform the needed task. She entered the dwarf's mind, easing her spirit away from the controls of her body.

Unib, no longer in control of her body, cried out in her mind.

"Ahh! What's happening!"
"Calm down, I just need your body for a while. You'll get it back, and I promise I won't hurt you or anyone else."
"No, get out of my head!"
"Please stop struggling, I'm much stronger than you and it won't do you any good. You'll just hurt yourself."
"Well, alright, as long as you won't hurt anyone."

Her struggles ceased, and Flame took full control of Unib's body.

OOC: I only picked Unib for her profession, but when I looked at her profile she was perfect for the task I need her for. Slow to anger, great awareness of her own emotions, finds helping others rewarding, is willing to compromise, is compassionate? Perfect! Absolutely perfect!

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: April 20, 2014, 08:05:31 pm »

I advise against bumping into my dwarf. 
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: April 20, 2014, 08:10:59 pm »

Y'all really tempt me to bring back Emdief. For the love of god, don't make a situation that justifies bringing back Emdief. He's enjoying not appearing in this thread, being Armok's avenging transgendered murderghost, and so on. He has no time for Demongate.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: April 21, 2014, 06:23:19 am »

Y'all really tempt me to bring back Emdief. For the love of god, don't make a situation that justifies bringing back Emdief. He's enjoying not appearing in this thread, being Armok's avenging transgendered murderghost, and so on. He has no time for Demongate.

Are you saying that we're not good enough for you?! It's not our fault that the bloodkin that are meant to be laying siege to the place haven't rocked up because their elfish pricks. You know what? Screw you! We'll make our own omicidal transgendered murder ghosts! With blackjack. And hookers! And they will be a hundred times better then Emdief ever was! 

Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 172