Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 665475 times)

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate, a Succession Fortress Against Evil
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2014, 11:24:54 am »

Sounds like it'd be great to capture and weaponise.

"Goblins, Bloodkin, and Clowns, of all aggggess-

Let me introooduce you to the Mighhhhty Horrror!"
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2014, 11:52:50 am »

We should capture one if it ever turns up, then train it for war, then turn it into a vampire somehow.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2014, 12:07:40 pm »

Solution to the possible megabeast problem:

Wait until late autumn/early winter and send a naked unarmed suicidal champion to best it in the fair battle of wits, trickery and endurance on a lake. Nearly-frozen lake. Bonus points for: artificial arena-like pond with optional magma heating, spectator lodge and grand statue of Armok that oversees everything going ablaze under its fiery stare.

Can be done without excessive problems in adventure mod. Also, it would provide a lot more potential fun: you don't have secondaries in case main actor suddenly freezes.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2014, 12:20:01 pm »

Haa it would be good to weaponize... still havent seen what would win Bronze Colossus or the Spimmator?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2014, 12:25:13 pm »

I'll test that, since I'm doing tests.

Is there any specific piece of equipment anyone needs/wants?  Deus Asmoth is starting the game, but let's all give our requests.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2014, 12:29:10 pm »

I think bring few seeds of strawberry, tubber, pig tails, and the iron/steel trees, and maybe badger dog for me.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2014, 12:30:23 pm »

I think bring few seeds of strawberry, tubber, pig tails, and the iron/steel trees, and maybe badger dog for me.
Not masterwork DF, we don't have those.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2014, 12:32:01 pm »

Other than the normal trick to get an excess of barrels, nope. Nothing from me.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2014, 12:37:05 pm »

Also, Sarrak and Rhaken, when do you think you will be able to post character bios, so I know when to update my post of story.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2014, 12:45:50 pm »

bhaaa sorry been playing masterwork for few weeks bhaa duh, okay then how about the same seeds (not the tree) and maybe a hunting dog for me.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2014, 12:51:17 pm »

Dwarf Civs typically don't have those for some reason, so they don't normally show up on the embark menu. You can hope, but chances are...
GENERATION 32:

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2014, 12:52:34 pm »

Dwarf Civs typically don't have those for some reason, so they don't normally show up on the embark menu. You can hope, but chances are...
hunting dogs?  They usually do for me...

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2014, 12:54:15 pm »

Should've been more clear, sorry 'bout that.
GENERATION 32:

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2014, 01:29:35 pm »

Also, Sarrak and Rhaken, when do you think you will be able to post character bios, so I know when to update my post of story.

Hm... Maybe tonight. I had some problems in real and finishing touches require some extensive reading and research.

As for requests? Nothing, really. I think we will get two or three caravans before dying horribly being besieged by hordes of monsters. Still, try to get the most from them.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2014, 02:02:23 pm »

Sir Brenzen watched the light of the candle, slowly growing dimmer in the depths of night.  Tomorrow he would be leaving this place behind, to found a new border fortress.  Tomorrow he would be leaving.
The light of the candle slowly grew dimmer, and with it came the memories.  He tried to forget that day, but it still haunted him.  The hooded dwarf, the dark blades, his parents fighting, the flight through the forest.  No matter how hard he tried, he could never forget that day.
The candle flickered, and Brenzen sighed.  He pulled a box off of the shelf next to him, opening it to reveal an assortment of trinkets.  Touching them one at a time, he recited the prayer he had said so many times before.
"May Armok guide my actions, Modi my blade, Rhaken my mind, and St. Zane my soul.  May I have faith and courage, through the will of the ancestors.  May I find the strength to fight for what is right.  May my light shine eternal, as a beacon for all to see."
At the final word, the candle flickered out.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 172