Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 674083 times)

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate: There Are No Heroes
« Reply #990 on: May 04, 2014, 08:29:31 pm »

Say, can someone give me my basic info (like family, friends, skills, attributes, history) so I can come up with a backstory?
Anyway, I have a lore question for Rhaken and Deus Asmoth. Where exactly is the current base of operations for the villains? Are they hanging out in the ruins of Steelhold, or have they set up shop on the mainland? I plan to have Corley return to them quite soon.

Seeing as current canon has Steelhold being a giant obsidian crater at this point, I think it's unlikely. Much as I like the idea of Steelhold being our Mordor. Imagine it; the giant, irregular and pointless windmill platform hovering over the seaside dunes, the lower fort randomly flooding with water for apparently no reason, 'ventillation shafts' everywhere, the hero finding out that he was brought to the wrong makeshift hospital and now the doctors can't path to his location...

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: May 04, 2014, 08:30:07 pm »

Okay i changed the Spim's age, child limit, population, and egg clutch size which in turn allow it to live longer. (Hoping it does.)

NINJAD

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: May 04, 2014, 08:36:00 pm »

Say, can someone give me my basic info (like family, friends, skills, attributes, history) so I can come up with a backstory?
Anyway, I have a lore question for Rhaken and Deus Asmoth. Where exactly is the current base of operations for the villains? Are they hanging out in the ruins of Steelhold, or have they set up shop on the mainland? I plan to have Corley return to them quite soon.

Seeing as current canon has Steelhold being a giant obsidian crater at this point, I think it's unlikely. Much as I like the idea of Steelhold being our Mordor. Imagine it; the giant, irregular and pointless windmill platform hovering over the seaside dunes, the lower fort randomly flooding with water for apparently no reason, 'ventillation shafts' everywhere, the hero finding out that he was brought to the wrong makeshift hospital and now the doctors can't path to his location...
That's what I figured, though I wanted to hear the thoughts of the other villain... erm... player-guys first.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: May 04, 2014, 08:40:15 pm »

I was writing a post from Shank's perspective that says he's operating out of Chainbell, in the Old World. I also had me a theory that explained why Corley was locked up in a casket in the first place, though I guess that's up to you in the end, Gnorm.
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: May 04, 2014, 08:45:32 pm »

I was writing a post from Shank's perspective that says he's operating out of Chainbell, in the Old World. I also had me a theory that explained why Corley was locked up in a casket in the first place, though I guess that's up to you in the end, Gnorm.
Message me this theory, for I would like to see it.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: May 04, 2014, 08:50:56 pm »

Everyone, including myself, appears to be clueless on the whole "Master Grower" part.
No friends?
See, everyone forgets the armorsmith.
I'm thinking of finding a stone slab on my bed proclaiming me new overseer, since apparently there was a vote and only my wife showed up. Everyone else was on break or out partying.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: May 04, 2014, 09:41:23 pm »

Everyone, including myself, appears to be clueless on the whole "Master Grower" part.
No friends?
I'm thinking of finding a stone slab on my bed proclaiming me new overseer, since apparently there was a vote and only my wife showed up. Everyone else was on break or out partying.

I'm just going to assume he does a lot of farming with his wife.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: May 04, 2014, 10:35:20 pm »

No friends?

I'm just going to assume he does a lot of farming with his wife.

I did a quick frames test (5 seconds) before force-quitting. I get stabilisation at 67 FPS, though temperature was off because of the Moltenchannels thing going on with the same application. I should probably fix that. The good news is this means it should be possible to burn through a year very quickly.

I’m now going to go back and see what I can get going. I’ll need to set myself a dwarf.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: May 05, 2014, 04:37:54 am »

I would say that Asmoth crossed to the new world, though it doesn't need to have been permanent if there is plotting to be done. I'm a bit concerned about there only being 55 bloodkin left to fight, though. It doesn't really make for the epic war we were hoping for.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: May 05, 2014, 07:26:54 am »

I would say that Asmoth crossed to the new world, though it doesn't need to have been permanent if there is plotting to be done. I'm a bit concerned about there only being 55 bloodkin left to fight, though. It doesn't really make for the epic war we were hoping for.

The Bloodkin aren't exactly helpless; they have better stats than dwarves, buff themselves, debuff nearby dwarves, come with necromancers and are trapavoid.
Also whoever they bite becomes another bloodkin. Yeah.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: May 05, 2014, 07:36:21 am »

Make them lay eggs

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: May 05, 2014, 08:31:56 am »

...why?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: May 05, 2014, 09:23:49 am »

Brother Cornelius was getting for a walk "inspired" by his usual prayer - not an Evening Prayer with everyone, but a small presonal prayer with a few mugs of sunshine and a longlang flour chips. He was walking and growing a strange idea in his mind.

- Why don't I have a spear? I definitely need it. Seen that guy Sibeth who killed Those.. Those.. i mean beast Those, not those. Anyway, what a beautiful spear he has. I don't need that deadly spear, but I need one for sure.
By that time he passed by the remains of some goblin. Obviously, he attacked a caravan and got what he deserved. But there was a sliver spear, decorated with zircons and copper, and with a pitchblende secret box attached to it's handle:

- Dibs on that!
He picked it up, and cleaned clotted blood from it.
- Nice thing, I like it. Hic! Gotta ask someone to stud it with nickel, as a sign of my property. And maybe get a leather shield for me?

OOC: @CaptArchmage. Please stud that spear with nickel (stockpile of nickel bars and silver spears giving to forge) and put Cornelius into squad of Flame - he carries that artifact tin axe, and Cornelius would be glad to train with him. Put an armor stand somewhere at the corner for them.

Vlad has a great tomb! Hooray!

Also, a song for band to perform: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dnd_dzh_O8M
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 09:30:10 am by peregarrett »
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: May 05, 2014, 10:03:25 am »

...why?
why not it might cause their pop to sky rocket

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: May 05, 2014, 10:18:44 am »

...why?
why not it might cause their pop to sky rocket
In the current version, anyone who is a member of a civ will not reproduce outside of your fortress. Actually, wildlife populations don't replenish either. So there's nothing we can do to cause their population to increase at the moment. This will be fixed in DF2014 (should it be 2014).

In future versions of the Bloodkin race, giving them a reaction to instantly convert humans, elves and goblins kidnapped by Bloodkin childsnatchers upon sieging your fortress would mean more available Bloodkin per siege (as a significant number of children are kidnapped during worldgen - goblin populations sometimes go extinct, but their civs continue on as the descendants of 'culturally goblin' dwarves) although it still wouldn't replenish in-game. It would also be a tad glitchy since it would convert any goblins, elves or humans already on the map into Bloodkin.
This could actually be added now to give us that 'apocalyptic Bloodkin horde' moment we've all be waiting for when the 'Kin show up (which we can force using DFhack), although it could potentially royally screw us over when that human siege, goblin ambush and elven caravan all decide to show up at the same time we get invaded, suddenly spawning hundreds of Bloodkin. This also wouldn't spawn any more Bloodkin mages, unless it turned elves or something into thaumaturgists...

Not that I'm saying I can mod such a monstrosity, of course.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 172