Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 665451 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate
« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2014, 02:04:52 pm »

Is it ok if I bring a normal dog and train it in hunting once we arrive? Hunting dogs cost like twice regular ones.

Also, Sir Brezen is dead, replaced by a bloodkin spy. Calling it now.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 02:06:55 pm by Deus Asmoth »
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2014, 02:12:55 pm »

[1]Is it ok if I bring a normal dog and train it in hunting once we arrive? Hunting dogs cost like twice regular ones.

[2]Also, Sir Brezen is dead, replaced by a bloodkin spy. Calling it now.
[1] Not my call to make, but I'd say sure.
[2] Is this because The Masked Dwarf turned out to be Oku?  That wasn't my original idea, Rhaken sent me it as a possibility and I was like "hell yes"

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate, a Succession Fortress Against Evil
« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2014, 02:16:46 pm »

[2] That's to obvious. We don't even know what the Bloodkin look like, unless I missed something while reading through the whole Steelhold thread...

Perhaps I'll double check.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2014, 02:18:01 pm »

[2] That's to obvious. We don't even know what the Bloodkin look like, unless I missed something while reading through the whole Steelhold thread...

Perhaps I'll double check.
Bloodkin are just dwarves.  Their fangs can elongate, much like vampires, but they otherwise look close enough that they could theoretically pass themselves off as dwarves.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2014, 02:20:44 pm »

So, that's a yes I did miss something. *Sigh* Here I go again, through that turbulent bout of insanity...
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2014, 02:24:12 pm »

So, that's a yes I did miss something. *Sigh* Here I go again, through that turbulent bout of insanity...
Well, all they are is... SPECIAL... dwarves.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2014, 03:34:35 pm »

The bloodkin only appear at the end of Steelhold, so that's all you'd really have to read.

Regarding Brezen, I just assumed that the candle going out just after him talking about being a beacon was significant.

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2014, 03:56:21 pm »

Huzwha. Character bio. Right. Yes. Yes...

Tarmid, Scribe of the Order of St. Zane
Profession: Anyone with medical training, or manager/bookkeeper/broker

Tarmid is a Scribe in the Order of St. Zane. The Scribes are usually noncombatants, though many have at least basic training in marksdwarfship. Their primary role within the order is to catalogue any and all events pertaining to the Bloodkin, as well as investigate the Bloodkin for strengths and weaknesses. When necessary, they also serve as medical staff. It is not uncommon for a party of questing Knights to ferry around a Scribe, as long as the Scribe has some combat training.

Tarmid's actual bio will depend mostly on what Legends mode will have to say about him/her. I'd say that worked pretty well last time. :P
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2014, 04:05:32 pm »

The bloodkin only appear at the end of Steelhold, so that's all you'd really have to read.

Regarding Brezen, I just assumed that the candle going out just after him talking about being a beacon was significant.

I believe that might have been that time I didn't get any sleep for two days. Friggin Insomnia... well, time for this welp to reread the forgotten best left untouched.
GENERATION 32:

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 15, 2014, 05:32:05 pm »

I recommend bring something that lays eggs right off the bat, big advantage. I'd like to get some armor for Vlad and just have him train constantly, but that's probably too expensive.
Once Vlad's gained a bit of axe experience (off chopping trees while people mine) can he be switched to a pure axedwarf? I'd rather not fall victim to the 'woodcutters won't wear armor in the militia' thing.

Man, I am going to enjoy writing Vlad after Emdief. A generally amused, rather dim brute of a character is a big step up from 'I-know-everything-and-also-am-constantly-angry' like I did in the last thread.
Liking this Knights of St. Zane stuff. Not sure if the Faction is coming back as well... while the original died during Steelhold's fall they did manage to send a bunch of manifestos out before the end. If it did come back though I don't think my dwarf would be a part of it, so probably we've seen the last of our glorious revolutionaries.  :-\

Journal of Vladimir Uristovitch

Vlad, they say, ve pay you good money if you join fortress. Good fightingk! Good booze! Personalized bedroom! Oceanside real estate! Maybe meet pretty Dwarf lady and settle down, yes? So I take job, yes?.
But the dwarf's in the convoy? Hoity-toity foreign dogs, the lot of them. They look down on Vlad. Especially those toy soldiers with St. Zane's. Just because Vlad gets paid to fight they think he some sort of amateur thug, yes? And they complain about Vlad's smell! Do they see a bath around here? And they never, ever shut up about the righteousness of the cause! Vhy you make so much fuss about one fort, I doubt Vlad'll ever find out about, because Vlad doesn't care, yes? I should have stayed with the company. The pay wasn't great, but I had thrivingk boot business on the side, yes? But it is not all bad. Brenzen is funny dwarf. I just say somethingk and he gets and red and swollen. Maybe he is having the allergies.

Organization is a, how you say, clusterfornicate? At least seven expeditions setting out from different forts, they say. If three get there Vlad vill consider himself lucky, methinks. Hopefully some good ol' boys from back home come too, yes? I get tired of the piss they call beer here real quickly.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 08:51:26 am by MDFification »

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 15, 2014, 05:39:55 pm »

Sure go ahead with regular dog, just don't let it get tamed by anyone but me. Dang super vampire dwarfs..... How about we make it that every sleeps together in one big dorm but each person gets their own bed.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 15, 2014, 07:00:54 pm »

I was planning to bring back the Marble Faction in a way. They probably wouldn't be major players, at least at the beginning.

Thane's Journal.
I've decided to start putting my thoughts on paper. It helps keep my mind off this splitting headache. Last I remember, some noble whelp was telling me to make a sword that could swing itself. My friends told me I should just hide out until he forgot about it, but I was raised to tell the truth. There were two huge dwarfs waiting for me when I got home, so perhaps I should practice my lying.

In any case, this wagon is apparently headed to somewhere called Demongate. There are only seven of us in the initial team, and most of them don't seem too friendly. I've struck up a rapport with a lad named Vlad, who seems convinced that my headache is booze related. He doesn't talk to the others much either, says they're all stuck up. I'm pretty sure I saw one or two of them in my shop before, and they seemed polite enough then, but I suppose you don't want to annoy the person selling you steel. Vlad says that where he comes from, people don't think they're better than other people just because their father had a castle, except he used more v's and z's to say it.

I'd better sign off now. Brenzen wants us to set up camp, and if I don't work hard enough, he'll tell me about duty and honour and how Vlad is leading me astray again. I'm sure they'd be great friends if they just sat down and talked about it.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 07:12:28 pm by Deus Asmoth »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 15, 2014, 07:04:09 pm »

he'll tell me about duty and honour and how Vlad is leading me astray again. I'm sure they'd be great friends if they just sat down and talked about it.
And the fact that my name has a n in it :P.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 15, 2014, 07:10:00 pm »

Huh. How did I miss that every time?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 15, 2014, 07:13:01 pm »

Huh. How did I miss that every time?
Dunno.  I missed the typo on the characters page you set up, so I'm no better at it than you are.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 172