Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 665413 times)

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate, a Succession Fortress Against Evil
« Reply #120 on: March 16, 2014, 06:34:08 am »

So i'm going to be in the migrants when they come or am i going to be in the starting group.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate
« Reply #121 on: March 16, 2014, 07:33:04 am »

You'll be in the starting group unless you don't want to be.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 16, 2014, 10:32:25 am »

I'm fine with it :D. I was just confused about who was in the starting group.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 16, 2014, 10:39:28 am »

Just bask in the glow of my technical genius. Mages that light themselves on fire. Non-euclidean image links. I once accidentally replaced the Kobold civ with Albatross.
Weirdly thought the turn that was actually playable I got in Steelhold was one of the few that didn't result in utter chaos and the death of 50% of the currently named dwarves.
The fire lighting mages are actually my fault, and I figured out what was happening.  They were actually melting themselves with their own acid, because it was set to 12000 degrees Urist.
Now the albatross... that was impressive.  Also, I managed to make a civ of gremlin several times.

The next morning, Sir Brenzen awoke to the sound of a pounding on his door.  He sighed and rolled out of his bed.
"Yes, who is it?"
"The rest of the caravan is waiting for you." said the voice of Tarmid, one of the scribes, from outside.
Brenzen sighed, "Just give me enough time to finish the morning rituals, please."
"Of course.  May Armok speed your expedition on its way."
Brenzen slowly pulled on traveling clothes, then settled down in a meditative position.
"May the grace of our lord Armok and his servant St. Zane be upon me.  May they help me bring the greatest glory upon them and wreak havoc upon their enemies.  May my light shine eternal, a beacon for all the world to see."
He paused for a moment, then added, "And with the grace of Armok, may the bloodkin fall before us.  The knights shall prevail."
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 10:41:00 am by 4maskwolf »

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 16, 2014, 10:59:11 am »

Just bask in the glow of my technical genius. Mages that light themselves on fire. Non-euclidean image links. I once accidentally replaced the Kobold civ with Albatross.
Weirdly thought the turn that was actually playable I got in Steelhold was one of the few that didn't result in utter chaos and the death of 50% of the currently named dwarves.
The fire lighting mages are actually my fault, and I figured out what was happening.  They were actually melting themselves with their own acid, because it was set to 12000 degrees Urist.
Now the albatross... that was impressive.  Also, I managed to make a civ of gremlin several times.

Aren't duplicate raw glitches wonderful? I liked those pesky, airborne thieves so much I brought them back in the form of a harpy civ. I really should start updating Freehold again... life is busy.
I think we actually did note that the mages splashed themselves in the PMs, but again, temperature must have been turned off.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 16, 2014, 10:59:49 am »

As Brenzen made to stand, he felt a sudden rush as the memories returned in full force, driving all other thought from his mind.

He sat on the ground, examining the miniforge his parents had bought for him.  He heard the door open, the pounding of feet, and looked up to see his mother sprint into the house, slamming the door.
"They are here!" she cried, racing for the back room.
From behind him, Brenzen heard his father curse under his breath, "Then we must flee quickly.  There is no time."
"They're too close.  Take Brenzen and run.  I will hold them here."
Brenzen looked back and forth between his parents, confusion on his face. What was going on here?
"That's preposterous.  If you are fighting, then so will I!"
"Then who will take care of Brenzen?" His mother asked, walking over and kissing his father on the cheek, "You must go, now, before they get here."
His parents stared into each other's eyes for a moment, then his father nodded.  His father pulled a small lever in the wall behind him, and the wall hissed open to reveal two sets of armor, one metal and one studded leather, along with a sword, shield, bow, and a quiver of arrows.  His dad grabbed the bow and arrows off of their hanging place while his mother pulled on the steel armor.  As they finished, a low explosion echoed from outside. His mother cursed.
"They are here.  Go, now!"
As his father guided Brenzen out the back door, Brenzen caught a glimpse of his mother standing in front of 10 robed figures, all of whom held daggers in their hands.  HE slowed, resisting his fathers efforts to pull him.
"MOM!!!!"
The figures attacked, and Brenzen watched as his mother cut down one, then another.
"Son, we must go!" His father pleaded, but Brenzen refused to move.
Another figure approached the house, and even from a distance Brenzen felt a chill go down his spine.  His mother hand finished killing all of her assailants, but she was exhausted, barely able to hold her sword upright.
His father's grip on his shoulders tightened, "you have to run, son.  I will buy you as much time as I can."
His father ran past him, knocking an arrow into his bow and firing it at the figure.  With impossible speed, the a dark iron sword flashed from beneath the figure's cloak, slashing the arrow in two.

PPE: It may have been, that would explain how you missed many of the bugs.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 16, 2014, 11:23:45 am »

MDF: Which version of DF hack did you use, because it doesn't recognize some of the syntax I'm using for a permanent transformation.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 16, 2014, 12:32:16 pm »

MDF: Which version of DF hack did you use, because it doesn't recognize some of the syntax I'm using for a permanent transformation.

I believe I'm using 0.34.11 r3

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 16, 2014, 01:49:16 pm »

I believe I'm using 0.34.11 r3
mhm...
I see.  I'll try to get it in to you later today, Deus Asmoth.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 16, 2014, 04:22:25 pm »

How long should I world gen for, by the way? I was thinking somewhere in the region of 600/700 years on a medium or small world.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 16, 2014, 04:24:33 pm »

Wouldn't that kill off most of the megabeasts and kobolds? Although it would certainly ensure vampires, were beasts and necromancers.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 16, 2014, 04:31:45 pm »

I usually get a lot of megabeasts surviving after the 500 year mark.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2014, 04:36:52 pm »

Wouldn't that kill off most of the megabeasts and kobolds? Although it would certainly ensure vampires, were beasts and necromancers.
A fort only really needs so many megabeasts to visit for fun to ensue; kobolds are mostly just a nuisance. Vampires are practically Steelhold tradition by this point, and were-beasts were only touched upon. As for necromancers, I think that we should avoid them, for the combination of goblins, bloodkin, and zombies would probably be too much. I say seven hundred fifty years is appropriate.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 16, 2014, 04:42:29 pm »

I'll vote for 550~650. But if you need the higher date for plot - go for it.

Also, beasts actually can perfectly survive if you get their population settings up a bit. Lots of eggs and baby dragons, anyone?
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 16, 2014, 04:47:38 pm »

But does size matter when it comes to combat, because of cave dragons. I say 400 to 650 range because its going to be maybe a gb of space and the ram need wow.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 172