Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 670900 times)

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate, a Succession Fortress Against Evil
« Reply #195 on: March 18, 2014, 06:14:57 pm »

Gnora's Journal
The End of 653
--
As of today we have been together in this fortress for exactly one year; amazing, when you begin to think about it. Little over one year ago I would have never thought that I would be here, planting my crops and fermenting the wine. The farms are fairly small as of now, but I don't got a doubt that they'll grow with this fortress. Speaking of which, it turns out that we embarked on a site with quite a few ores, so the forges have been set up in large clusters, which has kept Thane busy. Speaking of Thane, it turns out that he is a she! I do declare that she had me downright fooled! I suppose it was her boyish attitude and attire, but maybe I just haven't been paying enough attention.

We actually have several new faces in the fort; I suppose everybody's eager to migrate for a little adventure. One fellow goes by the name of Tarmid, and I believe that he works with the knight on whatever they do. Another one calls himself Thanatos, and he's surely a strange one. Never says a word, wears thick cloaks and wrapping, and always brooding about with a cigarette in his lips. I've smoked from a corn-cob before, but the rate that he goes through those things is incredible. I ought to keep my distance from him; he seems dangerous somehow.

There is one last thing I should say: I think that this fortress is changing overseership. I went to see Thane just yesterday to see if we could have the entrances trapped, and she tells me that she's actually letting the knight take control of the place. All I have to say is that as long as it doesn't interfere with my work, that doesn't bother me.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 18, 2014, 07:35:41 pm »

Oh wow. Oh wowee wow.

This world has some deep conspiratorial shit going on.

I'm honestly not sure whether to put up the juicest bits up here for all to see or not. What do you folks think?
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 18, 2014, 07:42:47 pm »

Oh wow. Oh wowee wow.

I'm honestly not sure whether to put up the juicest bits up here for all to see or not. What do you folks think?
Either way.  Bring it out in character or just tell us now, whichever works.

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 18, 2014, 07:46:50 pm »

Oh wow. Oh wowee wow.

I'll be taking some time to delve into it now. When I do give some news, there will probably be vast omissions until I can work them into a proper plot - or at least toss them to some of you and see what you do with them. Much like the Oku situation. I like to think that went quite smoothly.
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 18, 2014, 07:48:16 pm »

Oh wow. Oh wowee wow.

I'll be taking some time to delve into it now. When I do give some news, there will probably be vast omissions until I can work them into a proper plot - or at least toss them to some of you and see what you do with them. Much like the Oku situation. I like to think that went quite smoothly.
Quite smoothly... That was frickin magnificent.  Although I may be biased, because it made my character even more awesome in my eyes, but still.

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 18, 2014, 07:54:08 pm »

Okay. I may be wrong here, but here is the first interesting tidbit:

Our civ, The First Iron, is a democracy. Or at least an elective monarchy. We have had many rulers over the centuries (certainly many more than the Gloves of Admiring did), but none of them had children. Not a single one. And they were all married too.

Make of that what you will.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate
« Reply #201 on: March 18, 2014, 08:02:56 pm »

Did the monarchs or their spouses keep getting cursed or something?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 18, 2014, 08:10:16 pm »

I got bored. So enjoy a lore much needed comedic insertion into the Steelhold Duo: Whom's Whom: Demongate Edition: Revelations by Vladimir Uristovitch, esq.

EDIT: 'while you were typing this post, 6 new replies have been posted'. Ok thread.

Antonym Barkov
Vhen Vlad heard about Antonym, I assumed he was good ol' boy from back home! Vlad was right, except Antonym is from very posh clan! Vhy he is in Demongate boils down to his daddy tellingk him to go get real job. Enjoys glorious family history. Dislikes being tripped, reminded that Demongate is both on top and next door to hell.

Brenzen the Bold, Sir
Sir Brenzen is funny dwarf! Much honor, much concern with righteousness. Commander of Demongate militia and member of the Knights of Saint Zane. Enjoys righteousness, honor, being better than you, frequently cleaned latrines. Dislikes Vlad, happiness, and how the stick chafes in his rectum, yes?

Cornelius, Brother
Cornelius is best monk! Cornelius makes religion tolerable by, like your author, attending services so drunk on local piss 'beer' that inhaling near him cures alcohol deprivation, and is member of old, dead monastery. Enjoys alcohol, research. Dislikes immediately post-alcohol, trying to decipher research notes made while still drunk.

Dantheman
Dantheman is dwarf who goes huntingk monsters, which is all Vlad knows he likes. Dantheman dislikes being questioned as to vhy someone would be so thick as to purposefully be fighting monsters and shortages of ammunition, because he is sissy man vho is afraid of getting a little bloodsplattered, methinks. Or just smart man.

FractalEntity
Holy shit, Vlad does not even know. Vlad does not intend to know. Vlad knows crazy when I seen it, and even if I did not it keeps looking at Vlad funny. Slightly funnier than it looks at everyone. Likes being called the Crazy One, but ve know it is called Fractal, oh yes.

Gnora
Gnora is farmgirl vho once had a stick shoved up her behind, presumably by same man who did it to Brenzen. But Gnora is not funny dwarf! Gnora spits in Vlad's food and is upset by everythingk. Enjoys plants, cooking, brewing weak foreign piss that is passed off as beer. Dislikes Vlad, hunters, fishers, traders who bring food, good alcohol.

Lokast
Vlad is told Lokast is fancy scribe. Vlad does not really know anything about Lokast, because I cannot read and Lokast lacks tongue. Is good listener though. Enjoys humorous gesturing towards door of office! Dislikes karaoke night.

TalonisWolf
Vlad knows crazy when Vlad sees it. Fortunately Talonis had good kind of crazy, beingk fighty an knowingk how to stick of for himself with people who think they better than you. Enjoys dogs. Dislikes people who think they better than you, drunk people mistaking shrine for pisser.

Tarmid
Tarmid is scribe from order of St. Zane. Apparently only knights require backbone extension inserted into rear end, as Tarmid, vhile not able to enjoy life, does not try to stop Vlad from doingk so. Enjoys being a lackey for Brenzen. Dislikes taking own initiative, boots to clean to require the licking, yes?

Thanatos
Thanatos is fighty, which Vlad likes! But Thanatos is so stoic it is surpise masons have not accidentally made Thanatos into humorous novelty throne for dining room! Enjoys nothing, as is too serious. Dislikes it when Vlad talks about Vlads mother.

Thane
Thane makes weapons and armor for fort, and is responsible for good start! Is pretty, honest and spunky. If Vlad catches you makingk the moves on Thane, I vill be cuttingk you. Enjoys Vlad, forging, people who accept simple realities. Dislikes nobs, considerations of personal safety, Vlad cuttingk people.

Vladimir Uristovitch
Yes, is Vlad. Vlad is militia member. If you know vhere to find decent booze, tell Vlad right away. Vlad vill be gettingk you nice new pair of boots.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 18, 2014, 08:18:31 pm »

Journal of Danman.
It comes to my attention that this Vlad character who once was a boy is now a FEMALE... hmm is it possible that this Vlad has the parents of a clownfish man. If so ?I would dearly love to hunt this dwarfish thing, or it could be that she/he is mistake about being a female and is still a male. I saw watch her closely or send my lovely cutey little badger doggy to follow her.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 18, 2014, 08:21:48 pm »

Regarding Demongate being on top of hell, there's an upright adamantine sword in the rooms list.

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 18, 2014, 08:24:02 pm »

Journal of Danman.
It comes to my attention that this Vlad character who once was a boy is now a FEMALE... hmm is it possible that this Vlad has the parents of a clownfish man. If so ?I would dearly love to hunt this dwarfish thing, or it could be that she/he is mistake about being a female and is still a male. I saw watch her closely or send my lovely cutey little badger doggy to follow her.

I'm pretty sure it was Thane what had the gender mishap. This was only discovered when we found out Vlad was tapping that.

Regarding Demongate being on top of hell, there's an upright adamantine sword in the rooms list.

CONSPIRACY!

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 18, 2014, 08:24:54 pm »

I must say, the bio on Gnora made me laugh.

Journal of Danman.
I believe that Thane is the female, not Vlad.

Yes! we shall connect the fortress to its entry-point. Interestingly, there is already some lore on the wiki regarding demon fortresses.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 18, 2014, 08:29:24 pm »

Journal of Danman.
It comes to my attention that this Thane character who once was a boy is now a FEMALE... hmm is it possible that this Thane has the parents of a clownfish man. If so I would dearly love to hunt this dwarfish thing, or it could be that she/he is mistake about being a female and is still a male. I saw watch her closely or send my lovely cutey little badger doggy to follow her.

I'm pretty sure it was Thane what had the gender mishap. This was only discovered when we found out Vlad was tapping that.

CONSPIRACY!
Crap I hit stinking quote instead of modfiy.... MY bad IGNORE THIS POST NOW!!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 08:31:24 pm by danmanthedog »

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 18, 2014, 08:42:43 pm »

Journal of Danman.
It comes to my attention that this Thane character who once was a boy is now a FEMALE... hmm is it possible that this Thane has the parents of a clownfish man. If so I would dearly love to hunt this dwarfish thing, or it could be that she/he is mistake about being a female and is still a male. I saw watch her closely or send my lovely cutey little badger doggy to follow her.

CONSPIRACY!
Crap I hit stinking quote instead of modfiy.... MY bad IGNORE THIS POST NOW!!!!!!

Well I can't because the font is so big.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 18, 2014, 08:44:56 pm »

Thane's Journal.

I should have known that it was going to be a bad idea disguising myself, but back home a lot of people acted weird about buying their weapons from a woman. At least I can get rid of that fake beard now, it was very itchy (though the look on Vlad's face when he woke up and saw me wearing it was worth it. For all that he says he hates our booze, he sure drinks a lot of it). At least I wasn't foolish enough to expect him to keep it secret for long, and he's certainly more fun to be around than the followers of St Zane.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 172