Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 673026 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate
« Reply #225 on: March 18, 2014, 10:33:58 pm »

I wouldn't say Thane has much of a problem with giving control of the fortress to Brenzen, by the way. She doesn't understand why he's so serious, but she doesn't dislike him.
She probably knew it wouldn't go over well with the others.  That's the effect I was going for, but it didn't come across clearly.

And yes, I do plan on having written the entire codex arcana by the end of this.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 18, 2014, 10:56:24 pm »

And yes, I do plan on having written the entire codex arcana by the end of this.
That's great, just don't forget to play your turn as well.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate, a Succession Fortress Against Evil
« Reply #227 on: March 18, 2014, 10:56:58 pm »

Presenting: Yet Another Peek at Nearly Irrelevant Findings

A quick overview of our civilization: The First Iron Shit, that name is awesome

Mountainhome: Bitebronze

Other Settlements: Wiretrusses, Paddlewash, Tradedtaken, Standarddecent, the rest coming when I get some friggin' sleep in me.

On another note, do I have some volunteers to visit these places in Adventure mode and toss me a description? Maybe even put up an adventurer log for all to marvel at.
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 18, 2014, 10:57:39 pm »

Yes, yes, I know the rules.  I just probably won't start for a little while.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 18, 2014, 11:09:42 pm »

As far as I know, dwarf sites still don't actually get generated, they're just markers on the world map. So when you visit in adventure mode, it's just wilderness with the occasional dwarf.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 19, 2014, 12:50:33 am »

Cornelius, Brother
Cornelius is best monk! Cornelius makes religion tolerable by, like your author, attending services so drunk on local piss 'beer' that inhaling near him cures alcohol deprivation, and is member of old, dead monastery. Enjoys alcohol, research. Dislikes immediately post-alcohol, trying to decipher research notes made while still drunk.
Nice!

- Hey, Cornelius, what're you doing?
- Me? Just checking the barrels with booze.... Y'know, I need some strong stuff... for the hospital. Yes, the hospital. It's disinfection, and so on.
- Dude, there's nobody in your hospital.
- So what? You never know when the disaster happens! And without proper desinfection you could lose your leg? or arm, or just die, believe me, I'm the doctor.
- Cornelius, all we got is plump helmet wine. And there's no treats right now, so you'd better get back to your mason work.
- I'm not the mason! I'm a healer and scientist! And a cleric too. Speaking of... you seem very nervous and anxious. Does something disturbs you? I think you should visit me in my room and do your confession... aha, found it! A barrel of dwarven rum! So, you know where to find me when you need to take that burden off from your soul. See ya!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 19, 2014, 06:46:08 am »

Are you guys nocturnal? For one night I don't look at this. I come back 30 something updates.
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 19, 2014, 06:53:16 am »

Are you guys nocturnal? For one night I don't look at this. I come back 30 something updates.
*blinks with reddish eyes* Who? We? Not at all!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 19, 2014, 07:56:54 am »

Dear elf lover reading my personal journal,

Time sure flies when you're tunneling through dirt and rock. I've recently heard that we've been here for a bit over a year now when leadership was passed over to Sir Brenzen, whom made promises of 'bringing us into an age of righteousness and peace' while putting an end to 'unethical practices benefiting of followers of Armok'. I'm fully aware that whatever Brenzen has planned is going to be hard for some dwarves to handle, but I should hopefully get through this period of time unharmed provided I keep my head down and continue to do my job. Even if he is slightly hard to get along with, I'm confident that I've shown Sir Brenzen the respect due to someone of his position on the few occasions in which we've talked. 'Don't piss off the people whom could be your boss tomorrow' as my grandfather always said.

There isn't really that much to say really. Vlad and Thane hooked up at some point (Turns out Thane is a woman. Bit of a surprise for everyone that) but that's about all I know on the matter. I guess I've write in this thing more when I have more to talk about. Hopefully nothing to interesting, since interesting is almost certainly bad in some way.   
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 19, 2014, 08:51:16 am »

I think about 1/3 of us is from another time-zome, 1/4 learned their dwarves to sit in the Internet, 1/6 is self-aware AI run amok... And I completely forgot to mention one or two red-eyed specimen... The last part was about vampirephobic daemons, if you didn't get.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 19, 2014, 08:55:22 am »

I'm excited to see more details on the true gods. I just hope that if I have to bring Emdief's influence back into the story at all (I probably won't) I won't have to do it until the fort is very, very much older. And since Emdief is basically Armok's primary instrument against the demonspawn at this point, if things get too serious it'd be strange if he didn't do something. Hopefully that something can be a simple message to one of the forts current characters.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 19, 2014, 11:22:46 am »

I think everybody here is a bunch of vampires because of mass posting. My character is nota sissy! >:(

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 19, 2014, 12:26:44 pm »

I think everybody here is a bunch of vampires because of mass posting. My character is nota sissy! >:(

Talk to the Vlad.

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 19, 2014, 02:02:12 pm »

Probably diffrent time zones I'm a New Yorker
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 19, 2014, 05:57:04 pm »

It's weird. Three of our monarchs were married, but they still didn't have any children. Maybe someone had a vested interest in destabilizing our government.

By the way, I was right about the north being a tougher enemy than the south. We've been at was with the bloodkin civilization in the north since 153, and we've been winning. There were also four wars against the elves.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 172