Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 665446 times)

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate, a Succession Fortress Against Evil
« Reply #285 on: March 22, 2014, 03:42:23 pm »

Journal of Vlad, Number 3
Vlad still is not understandingk how Brenzen means to give us the honor and the dignity he seems so concerned about, as I am hazy on subject, but Brenzen is doingk bang up job! Demongate finally has the makingks of a fortress now, yes? Valls and gates and so on. Ve also seem to be stockpiling medical supplies, which Vlad appreciates very much, thank you, because I like to be keepingk my body in single piece, yes? Brezen does not seem to have the discretion; maybe it is because he is fancy Knight, but he barely even lowers voice to discuss plans and strategy vith that scribe of his. Maybe vhere he comes from you would just be expectingk people not to listen?

Ve also have new barracks. Vlad is not sure vhat Brenzen is thinkingk, but I for one need a roof above my head, yes? Knight seems to be very different from soldier from vhat I can tell right now. Ve will no doubt be sleeping in the barracks frequently; keepingk the sun, rain and snow off us is an important part. He really just needs to give us a roof over the beds.

Anyway important thingk to be notingk is that Knights seem a little less savy than us soldiers, and that is not good trait in commandingk officer. Not that Vlad vill be sayingk anythingk - unless Vlad finds good alcohol - but vorrying, yes? Ve vill have to see how his instincts are in battle. At least he is good at fightingk with pick - good sign. If he insisted on sword or something fancy, Vlad would be thinkingk he is some sort of noble, yes?

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 22, 2014, 04:37:00 pm »

Gnora's Journal
Brenzen's Army
--
This Brenzin fellow certainly is an hard working type; I ask him to trap the entrance to this fortress and he moves the entire militia outside. I'm not sure I knowed a fellow with such devotion to the defense of a fort. Back at home, our militia was usually late coming out of their barracks down bellow. Still, I'm not certain that this knight's all right in the head. He seems awfully tense about this whole thing, even with all those goblins that come to ruin ever'thing, I don't know of too many threats. I'll make a point to talk to him as soon as my current batch of beer is finished.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 22, 2014, 06:43:33 pm »

JOURNAL ENTRY 3 Thanatos

This brenzin fellow seems to have the right idea in mind. Defenses are needed and he has begun making them. The focus of this fortress was to block any bloodkin attacks we must remember that. While i don't mind the idea of outdoor barracks i in fact wanted them we still need a ceiling. we are in fact all dwarves...i hope. If thane can faked being male could somebody fake being a dwarf? 
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 07:19:58 pm by jrrocks05 »
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 22, 2014, 06:58:17 pm »

You forgot to capitalize that last sentence. Nicely done otherwise.

Edit: 'i' instead of 'I' as well. Opps, indeed.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 07:28:56 pm by TalonisWolf »
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 22, 2014, 07:19:40 pm »

Oops
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate
« Reply #290 on: March 22, 2014, 07:41:40 pm »

Pound your steel until it fits,
But bash your foes to bloody bits.

-from the Song of the Forges, Verse of the Hammer.

Brenzen is planning to move the militia above ground. Presumably, that means we'll be getting more recruits, so I'll get to practice my craft properly. Of course, for that we'll need copper or iron, but our defences are more important than exploration I guess.

Vlad seems to approve of him so far, which is a pleasant enough surprise. I was half expecting him to try annoy Brenzen for fun, but he seems happy enough with how the knight is handling things. I haven't seen much first hand, what with updating our records and smelting ores.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 07:49:37 pm by Deus Asmoth »
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 22, 2014, 07:51:15 pm »

Does anyone mind if I take on a kind of named NPC? It'll make sense for the story.

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 22, 2014, 08:06:35 pm »

no not really but only use the NPC when you absolutely need him

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 22, 2014, 08:12:22 pm »

Hmm it seems that the army is moving topside for training... good for them everybody need some sun energy. Not everybody knows this but we came from plants so we need the sun to work right, also it seems that I checked the history book and it look like the legendary Spimmator is extinct which is indeed a shame I heard they were born from the god of metals himself gifted with bronze skin.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 22, 2014, 08:33:03 pm »

Yeah, naming an npc should be fine just as long as we don't end up with a fortress full of them.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 22, 2014, 08:41:12 pm »

That awkward moment when everyone realizes that all of the PC's have been dead for 10 years, but their deaths were lost amidst the named NPC's.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 22, 2014, 08:55:33 pm »

Gnora's Journal
Dantheman
--
Now, I was off work recently, and I happened to run into Dantheman. I reckoned that I could get a good conversation out of him, so I tried to make some small-talk with him. It went well for a little while, but then he began to say some odd things like, for example, that dwarves were actually desendents of plants and that we need to photosinthesize. I love watching plants grow, but I am certainly not a plant! I like to ran away in horror from hearing his crazy ramblings. I'll have to make sure to avoid him from now on.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 09:52:32 pm by Gnorm »
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 22, 2014, 09:51:48 pm »

By the way, if you have Brenzen in the army with mining enabled, doesn't that mean he'll keep dropping his weapon before following any orders?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 22, 2014, 09:56:04 pm »

By the way, if you have Brenzen in the army with mining enabled, doesn't that mean he'll keep dropping his weapon before following any orders?
Probably.  When I give him full time military duties he will have mining disabled.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 23, 2014, 01:10:32 pm »

25 Hematite:
The barracks is complete, and soon I will be making the announcement.  Today, however, my plans were interrupted by Brother Cornelius, who burst into my office babbling something about a great plan and divine inspiration.  He demanded a mason’s workshop, and while I am loath to lose the production of building materials I eventually acquiesced to his demands.  Divine inspiration from Armok himself cannot be denied.
1 Malachite:
Today I was informed that Brother Cornelius has initiated work on his project.  I am told that he has gathered various stones in addition to some cloth and rough gemstones.  We are truly blessed that he did not require any materials we did not have access to.
5 Malachite:
Brother Cornelius has completed a most wonderful statue to grace our fortress.  Truly, this is a sign of Armok’s blessings he intends to bestow upon us.  I have had it placed at the entrance to the dining hall for all to see.
20 Malachite:
Today is the day of the announcement.  The time has come for this fortress to be held accountable for its flaws and find forgiveness.  Today the Knighthood shall establish a new chapter here, in the wilderness, as a beacon against the darkness.  Today, we shall rise, together, into a new age of prosperity.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 172