Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 665408 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate, a Succession Fortress Against Evil
« Reply #300 on: March 23, 2014, 01:23:24 pm »

"Dwarves of Demongate!"
Brenzen's voice boomed over the silent crowd of dwarves.
"I don't suppose any of you understand why you were called here today?"
Brenzen paused for a moment, the silence providing all the answer he needed.
"I see.  As some of you will recall, when I took charge of the fortress I made a promise to all of you.  I promised to bring this fortress into righteousness and glory, to purify this fortress of the evil that taints the world.  And now I am here to fulfill my promises.
In order to obtain Armok's blessing, he must be pleased with a great sacrifice by us.  But what do we have to sacrifice?  One of you, and only one, shall submit to a ritual in which you will die for the good of the fortress.  In doing so, we shall claim Armok's blessing and bring the world into a new age of glory and righteousness.
I must warn you, only one with pure heart and beliefs shall be deemed worthy by Armok.
Now, decide.  Who shall volunteer themselves for this glorious cause?"

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 23, 2014, 01:37:29 pm »

"Dwarves of Demongate!"
Brenzen's voice boomed over the silent crowd of dwarves.
"I don't suppose any of you understand why you were called here today?"
Brenzen paused for a moment, the silence providing all the answer he needed.
"I see.  As some of you will recall, when I took charge of the fortress I made a promise to all of you.  I promised to bring this fortress into righteousness and glory, to purify this fortress of the evil that taints the world.  And now I am here to fulfill my promises.
In order to obtain Armok's blessing, he must be pleased with a great sacrifice by us.  But what do we have to sacrifice?  One of you, and only one, shall submit to a ritual in which you will die for the good of the fortress.  In doing so, we shall claim Armok's blessing and bring the world into a new age of glory and righteousness.
I must warn you, only one with pure heart and beliefs shall be deemed worthy by Armok.
Now, decide.  Who shall volunteer themselves for this glorious cause?"

"Are you insane you crazy fool, we must do sacrifice do the goddess of metals, she will bless us with the almighty blue steel it self.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 23, 2014, 01:48:24 pm »

"What is this 'task' we be volunteering for? Imma not gonna do annathing unless I know what you are askin' us to give our life for!"
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 01:54:41 pm by TalonisWolf »
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate
« Reply #303 on: March 23, 2014, 02:58:01 pm »

Thane drew back silently. It was just as bad as she had feared, and the knight was soon going to lose patience with the crowd. Then blood would be spilled, and she wasn't sure whose. Pushing through the crowd, she grabbed Vladamir before he could say anything and tried to pull him out of the room.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 23, 2014, 03:04:09 pm »

Vlad made no objection as he was hustled away from the scene. If Thane's hand hadn't been over his mouth, his suggestion that Brenzen do it himself might have caused trouble Vlad didn't want. Armokdamned Knights.
In hindsight, asking if he could have the sacrifice's cloths probably wouldn't have gone over well either. Vlad thanked his luck for giving him Thane yet again.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 03:06:51 pm by MDFification »

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 23, 2014, 03:21:24 pm »

Thanatos quickly moved back in to the shadows. Moving like the very darkness itself moving away from the crowd. He knew that having a man of religion as a leader was a bad idea. If he forces someone into this there will be consequences. I may kill people but this is MADNESS. The type of madness that must be stopped. If he forces someone into this he better sleep with one eye open....... for i reap the lives of the unjust...............................................
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 03:27:24 pm by jrrocks05 »
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 23, 2014, 03:26:59 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hmm I still don't just that Thanatos he is to sneaky and I once read a book back at my village in the shaman's tent. It said that Thanatos was once a unholy creature of death incarnated itself who brought the end of the hobbogoblin race. If this story is true then he must be watch every second of the day.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 03:37:03 pm by danmanthedog »

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 23, 2014, 03:28:26 pm »

It was thane who was secretly a girl.
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 23, 2014, 08:06:43 pm »

Spoilers; He's going to kill the NPC.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 23, 2014, 08:24:26 pm »

I think that the sacrifice may end up possessed instead of dead.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 23, 2014, 08:36:45 pm »

Gnora stood amidst the crowd gathered before Sir Brenzen. She could hardly believe the words that had come from his mouth, that he was willing to kill a working dwarf to satisfy assuage his bizarre paranoia. Was this what all of the strange movements in the militia was leading up to? Gnora had no reason to think that this fortress was any more corrupted than her old one; the knight was, quite clearly, mad.

"This is murder!" she cried, "Why sacrifice a dwarf when you could sacrifice an animal!"
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 23, 2014, 08:57:34 pm »

"Quiet Gnorm how dare you think that the goddess of the metals will take a lowly animal soul instead of a being.... unless... yes that could work well for her. I propose that we try to capture a Forgotten one for the sacrifice then both Armok and the goddess will both be pleased with us!"
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 10:07:36 pm by danmanthedog »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 23, 2014, 09:06:50 pm »

Amidst cries of protest, Sir Brenzen stood unflinching, holding his pickaxe out to hold the other dwarves at bay.  He steadfastly ignored the cries and complaints of the dwarves around him, watching the crowd with a dispassionate face.  Finally, over the hubub, a voice was heard,
"I will."
Everybody turned to the speaker.  They knew her by the name of Olin, an expert dyer who had immigrated to the fortress with her husband recently.  The dwarves watched in horrified silence as she strode forward, her head bowed.
Sir Brenzen looked down at her, "You would be willing to sacrifice yourself for the good of the fortress."
Olin swallowed hard, but nodded.
"Then kneel."
Olin kneeled on the ground, and Sir Brenzen strode forward, placing the point of his pick on her head.  In an emotionless voice, he proclaimed, "By the power invested in me as a low magebane by the grand master of my order, I find you worthy."
He lifted his pickaxe as every dwarf watched in horror.
"With the power bestowed in me, I pronounce you..."
He brought the pickaxe down hard, then stopped, placing it gently to the top of her head once more.
"...worthy of the honor of the knighthood.  Rise, Lady Olin, and if you wish, you may take the vows of the knighthood."
Olin rose to her feet, a look of awe and wonder on her face.  Brenzen extended his pick towards her, saying, "If you take these vows, you have bound yourself to protect this fortress at all costs.  You will almost certainly perish in the heat of combat eventually, but your life will save the lives of many others.  Are you willing to accept this burden and take on the mantle of Knight of St. Zane?"
The look of awe never leaving her face, Olin nodded, placing one hand on the outstretched pick.
"Then repeat after me the oath of the order.
I hereby accept the position as a knight of St. Zane..."

Edit: You all totally fell for it.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 23, 2014, 09:19:52 pm »

Edit: You all totally fell for it.

A man can hope for a fortress christened in (someone else's) blood, Mask. A man can hope.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 23, 2014, 09:24:00 pm »

Thane's Journal.
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse. At least if he'd killed the woman, it'd all be over and done with. Now, Brenzen's going to raise an army of zealots, loyal to this 'St Zane' of his. And of course, they'll be loyal to Zane's mouthpiece as well. Damn it all. Vlad says I'm just thinking too much about it all, and he's probably right, but the look on Olin's face was frightening.

I can't do anything about it at the moment, but I also can't let Demongate turn into a den of madmen. Why can't they see that we don't need kings or gods, just people willing to fight for each other?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 172