Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 665361 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate: Battling Blood
« Reply #360 on: March 25, 2014, 11:57:26 pm »

Your requests are... Difficult to meet. To say the least. So no, not dwarfed yet.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 26, 2014, 12:04:19 am »

Your requests are... Difficult to meet. To say the least. So no, not dwarfed yet.
What's this about requests?
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 26, 2014, 12:24:52 am »

Well... I thought I stated that I don't absolutely need all three of them. It would be interesting, but quite impossible to get (though I got such an individual).

Clarifying up a bit: Gold eyes OR raging (both? - perfect! dwarf at once!). No chronic stupidness (red analytical ability - green is perfect, but NOT needed).
Gold eyes are genned quite often, as well as raging. Well... Maybe, it depends on a row of numbers you get for migrants. I got like... Four and three respectively with one crossover? The only condition left is intelligence. Which has ~25% to be red  ::)

Sorry for installing such conditions, but I really want to tie some facts and get actual in-game representation of my future ramblings.

EDIT: Added some more info on Wiki. It's still really far from complete, so you may want to come and add some facts/opinions/whatever. Especially if you was an Overseer of the crazy place  ;)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 07:25:13 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 26, 2014, 06:26:17 am »

Huh looks like Gnora thinks like me..... good maybe she will listen about the tomes and about thane. Hmm I wonder if we will dig to the deep caverns, the wild animals have more spunk then these top sided animals plus their meat has more muscle. I should go talk to Gnora about the cheese wall indecent.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 05:38:07 pm by danmanthedog »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 26, 2014, 07:27:32 am »

Moved from previous post

Our path now lies to fortress Demongate
*there is a crude, schematic world map with a big bold X in a proper place*
Take best possible route. Ensure early arrival. IT'S VERY IMPORTA...

I stare at the runes for a minute or two. They're hypnotizing. Written in bizarre style, in what appears a great haste, varying in size and declivity. Written by my own hand... I have no recognition of ever doing that.

I trace my fingers on paper - and runes smear, becoming a bit less readable. Such a vivid red color... Blood, obviously. It escapes my logic why would anyone write with it while having a full bottle of first-class ink at hands length. But it's the style of something that governs my pen in rare moments of black-out. Perhaps, it doesn't have time, hm? Doesn't really matter.

Sharpening my pen, I patiently wait until the last runes dry. So, where to start?

"It happened again. While I was doing some record research in the archives of Paddlewash citadel - permission denied twelve times previously, but finally given - the same sudden blackout. Now it suggests... No, more correctly - orders - to move to the fortress of Demongate. If think I heard that name somewhere. It certainly rings a bell... Yes. An attempt by Knights of Saint Zane to build a new fortification to protect borders of the kingdom. That brings me to an interesting, although illogical assumption that there might be something (or will be something in near future) to shed light on my previous life. While giving another stab to a theory that sudden outbursts of nearly incoherent blood-writing belong to my previous self. I could not have known where to go - especially if that settlement have not even existed a year or so ago..."

My thoughts trail, but I expertly return them on the proper track. Smooth, calligraphic letters of modern-days handwriting are bestowed onto paper by pen and a bit of fine, nearly weightless sand.

"So, why follow the intended course of action? Hm... Yes, refusal can lead to some...interesting things, just like when I got the second message..."

My thoughts trail once again, but before being able to continue, I'm interrupted by a husky, mirthless voice:
- Hey, lad, time t' go!
Obok T3rdugfer, leader of our small traveling group, is grim as usual. I'm not sure if someone other than goblin will ever see smile on these lips. Cruel, emotionless smile. That dwarf is like shell, devoid of content. I could only pity him. And respect. Greatly respect...
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 26, 2014, 04:59:12 pm »

12 Timber:
The outpost liason has arrived, along with a dwarven caravan.  I see no need to exit the fortress to greet them, the others can do that.  I must be prepared for the oncoming darkness, to defend those within this fortress.
15 Opal:
Olin did not tell me that she was pregnant when she joined the knighthood.  This brings up an unforeseen complication, as she cannot be expected to fight alongside the knights until her baby grows up, out of respect for the child.  While she is avidly training, she seems… remarkably calm about this fact, spending most of her time in her room with the child.  What is happening, I am not sure.
20 Obsidian:
The vault was sealed off today, all of its contents closed off from the rest of the fortress.  The key is only to be taken in a time of great need, to unlock the contents of the vault and allow retreat into it.  Hopefully, that day will never come.
23 Obsidian:
As my time in charge draws to a close, my final project has been completed: an archer tower, to stand forever next to the barracks.  I will order ammunition stored at its base, but I am uncertain of how quickly those orders will be accomplished.
1 Granite:
Spring has arrived, and with it, the end of my time as overseer.  I must train now, for the fate of the fortress rests on the shoulders of its military.

(I'll post the transfer of authority post soon, along with the save.))

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 26, 2014, 05:13:11 pm »

Has the caravan left yet
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 26, 2014, 05:14:52 pm »

Technically, but feel free to do any interactions that happen during the course of my update, not just at the end.  Also, I suppose you can say that someone stays behind, if you prefer.

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 26, 2014, 05:24:03 pm »

I will I'll probably have my largest entry yet and it Will add a new society to the mix. I'll probably do it tonight
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate
« Reply #369 on: March 26, 2014, 06:24:16 pm »

Thane's Journal, Granite 1st

Apparently, Brenzen is stepping down as the leader of the fortress. Frankly, I'm a bit relieved. I've been regretting choosing him as my successor since that stunt he pulled with Olin. On the other hand, I can't deny that he's done an excellent job of turning Demongate into a fortress, so perhaps I just overreacted. He hasn't said who will be replacing him yet, but I've seen him having lengthy discussions with Gnora lately.

I've been looking for the book that Tarmid mentioned he was missing, but it appears to have vanished without a trace. I haven't told Tarmid that I'm still looking for it, but perhaps I should ask who could get into his office undetected. In spite of my attempts at subtlety, someone seems to know about my search. I keep thinking that I see someone following me around. Sometimes I even hear them breathing. It's getting to the point where I only feel safe when I'm in the glow of a forge or Vlad is in the room with me, preferably holding an axe. Perhaps it's not even related to the book. It may be that someone disapproves of me reading about the Marble Faction and Vlad was right about keeping quiet. Or it might even be that it's just someone with nothing better to do than follow me around. Surely the mountainhomes wouldn't have sent someone like that on such a vital mission, though?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 06:37:27 pm by Deus Asmoth »
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 26, 2014, 08:10:51 pm »

*breathing*............ What is she looking for she keeps looking for something, but even so I can't let out of my sights for to long. I still can't seem to find Tarmid every time I go to his office no answers. I must find a way to catch him in the act of reading the tomes or at least find them. It also seems that the overseer is stepping down which is at least some good news about this place so far..... still this place is a trap even for my standers, if I knew what I was getting into I would have went wit a different place.

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 26, 2014, 08:59:39 pm »

Journal entry 5 Thanatos

A few days ago a caravan arrived guess who was with them? Hermes, his apprentice, one of Pan's pigeon handlers and a few of Ares men as guards. I guess I should explain again my last journal with an explanation was used as kindling for a fire on the way here.

Soon after my family was lost to a bloodkin raid I talked to people about the bloodkin and nobody believed me. They could not even believe bloodkin existed. I knew there had to be people like me that lost mothers, fathers, siblings, wives and husbands to the bloodkin. I had no doubt all I had to do was find them. I decided we would create a group this group would be designed to combat the bloodkin. I decided  the names of the leaders and others of the group would be names of gods from an old forgotten religion. I chose Thanatos god of death a God who stays in the shadows killing men and women. Soon others joined Poisedon and his sailors. Ares and his beserkers. Artemis and her enternal maidens of the hunt. Apollo and his mounted archers. Hecate and her magicians. Many more joined and each had a role.

I must go I will explain everything tonight journal you just wait.

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 26, 2014, 09:01:13 pm »

Feedback? I will put the rest up tonight.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 26, 2014, 09:34:01 pm »

Sir Brenzen walked into the dining room, noting the tensing throughout the hall.  Apparently his lesson on humility and loyalty had gone over badly.  He sighed.  In time, they would learn, though not today.  Today he had only one goal.
He walked over to the table where Gnora was sitting, placing himself opposite her. He raised his hand to forestall whatever rant she had on her mind (she always had one) and spoke directly to the point.
"The fortress is yours.  Do with it as you will."
Brenzen stood up and walked away.

THE SAVE, THE SAVE!!!!
READ ALL THE NOTES, GNORM.

ALL 23 OF THEM.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate
« Reply #374 on: March 26, 2014, 09:52:09 pm »

Twenty three notes seems slightly excessive. We don't even have magma flowing through the dining hall yet.

jrrocks: It's an interesting plot, but we're avoiding nicknaming non-avatars, so that would make it difficult for your group to show up, and having them as purely plot characters would kind of ring false in the 'anyone can die at any time' vibe that goes on. I'm not entirely sure about the backstory either; the bloodkin aren't a particularly subtle group, both from the previous plot and what I can tell from their raws. If they were killing people, they'd be killing a lot of people, so there's no reason no one else would have heard of the blood crazed murder dwarfs going around. If it's the dwarf civilisation covering it up for some reason, why did they let Thanatos get away with trying to convince people they were real? It could just be I'm missing something, but it all sounds like the opening to a generic action film.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 10:05:38 pm by Deus Asmoth »
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 172