Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 670477 times)

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate: Battling Blood
« Reply #375 on: March 26, 2014, 09:54:56 pm »

Its only a matter of time :) :) :)
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate
« Reply #376 on: March 26, 2014, 10:27:41 pm »

Twenty three notes seems slightly excessive. We don't even have magma flowing through the dining hall yet.
6 were for the vault, three for the archer tower, the three lever notes, the two corresponding bridge notes and the gatehouse note, the barracks note, the hospital note, the gem stockpile note, the dormitory note, the artifact note, the food stocks note, the forges note, and the storehouse note.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 26, 2014, 10:34:03 pm »

That seems reasonable. In any case, is there any objection to me removing Dark Archon from the overseer list on account of not posting a character?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 26, 2014, 10:35:57 pm »

That seems reasonable. In any case, is there any objection to me removing Dark Archon from the overseer list on account of not posting a character?
None.  I haven't seen DarkArchon before or since.

Edit: He/she hasn't been on for two days, has only made 33 posts in his/her two years on the forums, and that was his/her first post in this portion of the forums.  Move him/her to a "possibles" section, and I'll shoot him/her a pm about it.

Edit 2: On the other hand, this must mean we are doing something right.  He/she spends almost all of his/her forum time on the modding section of the forums.

Yes, I'm a stalker in a way.  Get over it.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 10:43:42 pm by 4maskwolf »

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 26, 2014, 10:47:31 pm »

Thane's been on edge lately. Always looking over her shoulder as if looking for something following her whenever I see her. I was going to just ignore all this as just another case of a dwarf nearing the edge but then I saw someone stalking along behind her a couple of seconds after she had passed by. I'm not really sure who it was since there are just so many new faces walking around these days, but I've gone and had a word with Vlad about it. I've know Vlad and Thane since we got here and they deserve to know if Thane's getting stalked by some strange weirdo.

Another year has passed and Overseer Brenzen has stepped down to resume full time training. All hail Overseer Gnora, ect.   

Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 27, 2014, 08:42:51 am »

Journal of Vlad, Number ?

FUCK.

Journal of Vlad, Number ?+1

So Gnora is Overseer now. And ve vere just on the verge of gettingk the good beer, I could feel it.
And to make matters worse, someone is followingk Thane. Vlad is goingk to have to cut someone, and Gnora vill probably be consideringk that a crime. Still, am glad Barkov decided to tell me.
Olin does not be showingk up to trainingk, Brenzen is actingk all depressed because fort not goingk along with knighthood, and ve'll probably all be forced to farm. And Brenzen is showingk up at trainingk again, vhich means more inspirational speeches, yes?
Vlad might have to be takingk matters into own hands, yes? So Vlad has gotten together group of axemen to form own squad. Ve vill be trainingk soldiers to be real soldiers! However, is problem! Brenzen has neglected to provide us all with armor!
Thane, please make us armor. Ve vant to keep our appendages!

With the Olympians thing, I see no reason for them not to exist, but introducing that many NPCs to the fort is something I really can't see as being a good thing. Previous factions worked because named characters fit in them or we used nameless, purposeless mooks. Organizations also generally appeared as they became relevant - for example, the Cult wasn't a serious thing until Maskwolf was the Overseer, the Faction didn't exist until Fractal was overthrown and proceeded to loose relevance after that... basically they were just an easy way to keep track of Steelhold's rapidly changing politics.
As a matter of personal taste I like to keep things centered around the fort, but so far really nothing's happened except inter-character junk. Of course as soon as something happens it'll probably kill off Vlad, so whatevs.

EDIT: I'm downloading and checking out this save. I've kind of gotten bored of my own forts at the moment. Oooh, Vlad has his own squad?
Also, Gnorm: We need some armor, stat. Even if we have to make it out of leather (which we should have plenty of) or get us some wood bucklers, as of right now the majority of our forces will get destroyed in a melee. You also might want to consider drafting some archers, we have plenty of dwarves skilled with a crossbow.
Eh, we might survive.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 09:13:42 am by MDFification »

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 27, 2014, 09:43:35 am »

Post later in this post im just at school.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 27, 2014, 10:22:23 am »

It might be better to assign the crossbow dwarfs as hunters until they turn legendary. It takes less time than when they're training in the military in my experience. We should be able to start training an army of war dogs soon as well.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 27, 2014, 10:59:38 am »

Downloaded save, checked dwarves, etc, etc...

First thing to discover after vault: we have an interesting hunting practice. With horses running on the newly-built walls and dwarves running after them, shooting. As if it could get even more ridiculous.

Gnorm, if you find my dwarf request too difficult to achieve/damn bizarre - feel free to ignore all specifics and just dwarf someone in the next wave. If you're not against profile-searching, still please dwarf me until the end of your year. Or else I'll spam a whole complex story about why I'm not in Demongate yet  :)
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 27, 2014, 11:01:22 am »

It might be better to assign the crossbow dwarfs as hunters until they turn legendary. It takes less time than when they're training in the military in my experience. We should be able to start training an army of war dogs soon as well.
What do you think all out 10 hunters have been doing?

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 27, 2014, 11:03:09 am »

I'd say it'd be more important to just get them drafted in time for the first ambushes/sieges. Our military isn't really capable of handling anything right now, so softening up the enemy (maybe by focusing fire on their legendary fighters if possible?) would greatly reduce the amount of casualties we'll be taking. Also, experience in things like dodging and armor use isn't built up by hunting.
Good thing there's no rule against backseat playing, eh?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 27, 2014, 11:11:59 am »

Running around shouting "I CANNOT FIND ANY BOLTS IN SPITE OF STANDING ON SOME RIGHT NOW." It's what they usually do.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 27, 2014, 11:21:28 am »

Haaaa! Looks like thoses newbie hunters don't know the ways of true hunting. I asked around if people saw tarmid latley to which each anwser is always the same "Oh you just missed him he going to the blahblah" arhhh if I can get a small animal from the carevn then I could spie on both tarmid and thane. Also looks like that gnora girl is finally the overseer maybe now we can get this fort to the true mountin defence fort. I should get her a pet to thank her.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 27, 2014, 11:24:27 am »

Running around shouting "I CANNOT FIND ANY BOLTS IN SPITE OF STANDING ON SOME RIGHT NOW." It's what they usually do.
Yeah, there's a bug in the code where they only collect ammunition while on duty and only shoot at targets while off duty.  That's why I have so many hunters.  That and a ton of them migrated here, for some unknown reason.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 27, 2014, 11:27:16 am »

Interesting note: Tarmid can actually move pretty quickly when he wants to. He got ambushed by an entire squad of hammer goblins in the save I'm using and outran all of them.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 172