Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 665385 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate: Battling Blood
« Reply #420 on: March 27, 2014, 08:26:53 pm »

It was certainly a rare occurance. Since Gnora had been given the reigns of power, Brenzen rarely had reason to enter the fortress proper, spending most of his time in the outodoors barracks. This was not the only unusual thing: Brenzen walked hurriedly, a scowl on his face, as if some thing major had gone wrong. He pushed open the door to Tarmid's room, gave a salute, and entered, closing the door behind him.
"Well, Tarmid? You said something was wrong. What happened?

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 27, 2014, 10:07:04 pm »

Going from where I left off

Journal entry

"Its good to see you Hermes" says Thanatos. "You as well my friend" says Hermes. "What's the plan Hermes" says Thanatos. " ok here's the deal the pigeon handler and three of Ares men as guards will stay hidden outside of the fortress. You will place any letters going out in the hollow tree outside during the day. At night a guard will take the letters and place any letters going in inside as well" says Hermes. "Ok give me an overview on what's going on and what's happened" says Thanatos. "Ok one of our reconnaissance boats from first fleet spotted the invading fleet and managed to get a message off. First, second and third fleet went to intercept. Due to procedure bravo fourth fleet with Persesus in command of the sailors, the hound of war in command of the vikings went to northern naval safehouse foxtrot. As well as the fishing fleets and all other non fighting naval personnel including a few shipbuilders from Hephaestus. The other fleets as well as the other vikings and Poseidon fought to the death killing and drowning many bloodkin but their was too many. They will begain rebuilding the fleets and will not be discovered. The ground forces are still fighting but many have died. Ares and the band of men he had with him fought on the beaches again killing many but soon they were all killed including Ares. We have still fight but we keep on getting pushed back. Though it was funny when that one group fell in the drowning trap you designed" says Hermes. " Here is new orders ill give the basis, all non fighting personnel are to fall back for evac at evacuation point delta as well as a garrison to defend it. Begain setting up bases near the naval safehouse.All the ships we have are to evacuate the non fighters. All other groups are to begain complete guirella warfare. If a group falls to 13 people or lower they are to evacuate" says Thanatos. "Ok stay alive and be prepared I must leave" says Heremes. " Semper Fi" says Thanatos. "Hurrah" says Hermes as he walks away.
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 27, 2014, 10:49:16 pm »

Tarmid arched an eyebrow. "You too? I've felt like I'm being followed for months now. Every time I leave the office, something shadows my footsteps. Whoever it is has given no sign of themselves, left no trace that I can identify."

Tarmid began to pace around the room, hands clasped behind his back. "I am beginning to think we have an enemy within these halls, though who it might be I haven't the slightest clue. Best ask Vlad to keep watch over you, lass. Who knows, he might get lucky."

"Don't you worry about old Tarmid. I don't think our stalker will be able to catch me."

"Now, about the book." He paced back toward the desk, hands once more upon the small volume sitting on it. "This tome, while abridged from a larger text, still contains many details regarding political regimes and factions dating all the way back to the Old World. It leaves out some things which are pure conjecture in favor of historically confirmed facts. If you are to read this, you must first take the Student's Oath. It is not exactly a binding contract, but is merely there to ensure you do not betray my trust or go babbling to all your friends when you learn something you shouldn't."

"So. What say you, Thane?"

Not one hour after Thane had left, and already someone outside was running for the entrance of his office. Such a busy day, the scribe reflected. Before he could move to open it, the heavy door swung inwards, and in stepped Sir Brenzen, looking none too pleased.

Tarmid bowed his head, set down his quill.

"Blessings be upon you, Sir Brenzen. Before I deliver the bad news, I should tell you that my research has been going along faster than I'd planned. I have dug up a few names and was cross-referencing them just before you entered."

"Now, the unfortunate part." Tarmid scowled, began to pace. "A copy of the Codex has been missing for some time now. Specifically, my copy. Uncensored and unabridged."

"I would have gone to you earlier with this, were you not so busy. The problem is, six months have gone by. I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but six months is the amount of time necessary for the dwarven mind to begin to adapt to thaumaturgical flux."

"We need wood opals, Sir Brenzen," the scribe intoned, urgency dripping from every syllable. "The sooner, the better."
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 27, 2014, 10:51:03 pm »

Thane frowned. There was a part of her that didn't fully trust Tarmid yet, allied with the much larger part of her that didn't trust the Knights at all. And then there was the certain knowledge that Vlad wouldn't like her getting involved with the Knights. But the knowledge in those books was definitely something she couldn't obtain acting alone, and she couldn't help but remember the fantasy that was nearly as old as she was, of striding into battle in shining armour, smiting the forces of darkness.
"And if I learn something about the Knights that I don't agree with..." she began.
"As I said, it's not a binding contract," Tarmid shrugged.
"But there won't be any repercussions?"
"There are always repercussions, Thane. But the Knights don't kill people just for disagreeing with them."
Thane nodded. "Tell me the oath," she said. On the way back to her room, Thane heard the footsteps again. She ran, afraid to look back in case it was something other than a dwarf behind her. Vladamir found her three hours later, huddled in the corner with an axe clutched in her hands.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 11:17:12 pm by Deus Asmoth »
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 28, 2014, 06:33:55 am »

Just of out pure interest, what has Barkov been doing all this time? I would like to know how he is doing, what he has become good at... that sort of thing.
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 28, 2014, 07:11:15 am »

Hospital journal of Brother Cornelius
1st Granite, 655
Gnora, the new overseer, insists on writing hospital journal, so I have to do it. Well...
Current state: patients - 0, deaths - 0, discharges - 0. Fort is healthy. Tallow roasts are barred - they have way to much cholesterine that is bad for your health.
We have a hammerer and a sheriff that is good for the law, but beating can be bad for dwarven health.

And meanwhile I'm doing all masonry things, because I'm the greatest mason ever.

27th Slate, 655
New migrants have shown up, I did a quick inspection on their health. All are healthy except one who's mute. Don't think I can help him, but I'll try. Let's start with longland beer to "untie his tongue"

23rd Felsite
Deaths: 2. Hunters spotted the ambush and perished.
Had to put on my priest mantle and serve their burial. Let the Earth Lap take care of you.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 28, 2014, 07:34:44 am »

What do i do, what do i do............ Can't think straight the smell it's warping my senses. Got to find cause of the flame, yes the flame the evil flame. *then a slip of paper is put under my door* Huh whats that. Oh good we broke into the cavern... the cavern new hunting ground that might take my mind off the flame.... also some hunters were killed in the line of the duty I shall propose a tome for each one.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 28, 2014, 08:18:35 am »

Barkov's a legendary miner, and possibly a dabbling architect. I can't remember if I told him to do the second one.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 28, 2014, 08:24:10 am »

Is my character coming out okey? First time doing this much role playing. :D

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 28, 2014, 09:01:51 am »

Is my character coming out okey? First time doing this much role playing. :D
Only time will tell  ;)
Relax and just have fun
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 28, 2014, 09:12:51 am »

All I know is that Vlad is still a dabbling axedwarf. If he's still on carpentry take him off, he needs to stop being useless in a melee.

EDIT: Also, most of Vlad's squad is using axes instead of the weapons they're actually competent with. Might want to fix that, cross-training be damned.
We also have quite a few people that can be drafted at the moment. If we want to go for a sword/axe squad and a mace/hammer squad, we can get quite a few soldiers on the battlefield. Also those silver weapons would be actually good with a squad like that.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 09:24:04 am by MDFification »

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 28, 2014, 10:25:28 am »

How many weapons do we have at the moment? We could melt down all those silver axes and turn them into hammers.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 28, 2014, 10:25:48 am »

How many weapons do we have at the moment? We could melt down all those silver axes and turn them into hammers.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 28, 2014, 10:27:15 am »

Something like 10 or 11 silver axes.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 28, 2014, 10:48:17 am »

Who could be the demonmancer, Thane, Tarmid, or is it Vlad..... Vlad he could be the one? The smell that horrible smell, got to get it rid of it. Maybe gnora can help... I should go see her.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 172