Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 665360 times)

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate: Battling Blood
« Reply #495 on: April 02, 2014, 05:10:11 pm »

Damn I am a big book reader game of thrones all the way!!!! WINTER IS COMING!!!!
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 02, 2014, 05:46:58 pm »

Hmm, I'm not entirely sure why that double posted. It said it couldn't load the page the first time, so I guess it posted the reply and then couldn't go to the next page.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 02, 2014, 09:23:08 pm »

ooc: my character is not going to use saidar again. Getting 10x sicker than expected is gonna inspire him to figure out a different way to cure danth.

*sniff* that magic your using its, pure, but at the same time dark. *cough* Well it kinda feels better then before....
I tilt my head.

"The dark you...smelled?...could have been any of three or four things. or maybe all of them. we can figure out which before your next session, if you'd like."

I don't think your doing this out of goodness of your heart right?

"In two weeks time the backlash from saidar is going to hit me and it will NOT be pleasant. If I prefered to cause harm to others, I'd have satisfied my curiosity by watching the symptoms progress...I suppose you are half correct, for curiosity motivates me far more conistently than the goodness of my heart. On that note, I'd like you to answer a simple question as payment for each treatment..."

"My first question is this: What happened the day you got poisoned?"
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

Spear

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Noob☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 03, 2014, 12:06:42 am »

Id like to join in and take a turn :D
I would like to be a farmer "Jim the 5th"

Jim Zonmat Akgoskeskal the 5th comes from a long line of quiet farmers in the mountainhomes, With big dreams of becoming a Master Engraver/Wrestler that he never expected to achieve.
Jim made an engraving(a vary poor engraving of the fall of steelhold, which was taken to be an engraving of "image of a dwarf eating cheese"), and his parents have always thought him to be a fool and a mistake of a child, but this was the last straw, so they volunteered him to migrate to the fortress of Demongate. Never wanting to see him again.

Hopefully I can make this a interesting story but im a noob to every aspect of this besides the game itself..

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 03, 2014, 12:37:48 am »

Chapter VI: Return to the Fields

Gnora's Journal
28th Obsidian, 655
--
It's the end of the year, and frankly I'm tired of overseeing this fort. I want to get back to the fields, to the workshops, to the stills. It's just too much stress for me at the moment; perhaps when I've grown a little older. I'm turning command over to Tarmid to-night; maybe that'll free me up for some of his educational lessons. I frankly don't see where knowing the kings of old cities will come in handy, but hand-writing and math is useful. I still don't trust this "order" of Brenzin's, but Tarmid at least seems like he won't back-stab me without a fair warning; he just seems like that kind of gent.

One of our siege engineers, Uvash, recently came up to me. He revealed that he was actually "a wizard" and had achieved the rank of "captain." I told him to get back to work in constructing our arrows, but he kept insisting that he was indeed a wizard. I reckon that he's mad as a legless goat, and I've had him reported to the monk.

The outdoor chapel is almost complete. I'll let Tarmid know that it could use some decoration once it is fully constructed.

Miss Thane seemed pretty unhappy about me accepting Joyce into the fortress. I don't think she trusts him at all, but I don't see any reason not to trust him. He's re-paid the coins that we spent, he doesn't seem to be bothering anyone, and he generally stays out of sight. All he's needed so far has been the suit and a blank journal with some ink and pens. Occasionally he'll smoke outside, but he usually just hangs around in the deep caverns; I hope he doesn't get himself hurt. Miss Thane recently apologized to me about her anger, but I reckon that she still has her eye on Joyce.

Talking of Miss Thane, it seems that she too has come to be "possessed" and is working on securing materials for her artifact. Hopefully she'll come out with something that we can actually use, but I somehow doubt it.

I've left one last production order to Tarmid, as detailed below:

Lastly, I have my final report here:

Have fun!
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 03, 2014, 02:34:29 am »

"a new overseer? at the moment, I wouldn't care if the new overseer gave orders to find out what's at the bottom of the adamant'. "
*retching*

yeah. vomiting. 

I knew i'd wind up getting sick, but vomiting wasn't in the list of symptoms for abusing saidar!

Just goes to show that maybe, just maybe, reconstructing the properties of saidar from a work of fiction, and the breaking the rules set forth in said work of fiction...was not such a good idea. 

"CURSE THAT DRUNKARD AND HIS CRAZY -HURK"

Poor fellow scientist, even if he was a drunkard. I'd have to make it up to him.  like by teaching him my top-secret blend of booze-y'know, the one that resulted in a horse with a name of "dragon"...

In the meantime, poor me and my stomach.

This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 03, 2014, 06:04:05 am »

Post later and shit so don't move the story to far. ;D

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 03, 2014, 07:47:57 am »

If anyone finds legendary quotes, please make sure to point them out to the rest of the thread! That way they can be preserved for future generations.
That is all.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 03, 2014, 09:10:00 am »

lolz something I found in original Steelhold.  It made WAY more sense in context, though:
Also to boost our FPS I have to order the deaths of hundreds of chicks.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 03, 2014, 09:39:25 am »

Excellent, she's making an artifact. Probably made of zinc or something, but nonetheless. Has Captain Archmage been dorfed yet?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 09:43:20 am by Deus Asmoth »

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 03, 2014, 11:29:11 am »

your conversation with me is reasonably isolated from the rest of the plot for now, so you can still add your reply...but my dwarf kinda couldn't delay the symptoms of saidar-backlash.  he can be kept under the weather in the present untill our conversation in the past is finished.

character: i hate you.
me: *sweatdrop.*

epic quotes from the previous fort.
What I can't believe is that we've had adamantine for 3 years now and all we've used it for is building a goddamn trade depot.

...I have NEVER encountered a fortress which had this problem at ANY point. EVER.

Also, marvellous story-telling, I can see how this fortress earned it's place in the Hall of Legends.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 11:33:30 am by fractalman »

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 03, 2014, 04:03:02 pm »

"I was.... I was stalking two people, I smelt the aura of dark tomes on one of them and arcane magic on the other. If you wondering why I can smell magic its because I'm part of the forgotten hunters, we live of the meat of Forgotten beasts, but unlike other forts that might eat the flesh of them we learned how to eat the true strength of the Beasts. It gives us the power to track the Beasts by smelling the magic auras they give off."

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 03, 2014, 04:26:30 pm »

Another Journal of Vlad

Dear diary. Today everyone in fort but Vlad and Thane is crazy.
That's it. Everyone is just insane. Nothingk else to say.

(don't actually link this to your post, 4mask; I'm trying to only do journals when I have something to talk about.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 03, 2014, 05:41:50 pm »

Just to let you guys know a good tip about posting...*Whispering* Don't post when you have asleep you will make lots of mistakes. Ha

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 03, 2014, 06:30:09 pm »

Er, I was just looking at the save and... well, is Tarmid supposed to be in the middle of being drained by a vampire?

"I am tellink you," Vlad said. "Everybody here is either mad or insane. We should get out while we can, yes? I will not even steal anyone's shoes."
Thane.
"But Demongate is important, we can't- Did you hear that?"
Thane!
"Hear vot? Of course they say 'Demongate, she is important, do not leave her,' because they need suckers to guard it. We can be back to the mountain homes before anyone knows we are gone, then catch ship back to home country and Vlad will show you what real beer tastes like."
THANE!
"What?"
shouted Thane, looking around wildly.
"No need to be like that," Vlad began.
"Not you, him!" Thane said.
It is time to make it.
"Who?" Vlad asked.
"Who do you think? The man who's shouting at me! Make what?"
You must make Ob Kat.
"I don't hear anyone," Vlad frowned.
"This isn't funny, Vladamir," Thane told him. "What is it? What do I need?"
I will show you how. You must gather metal and stone, gems, shining. You must go now.
Thane ran from the room, shouting wildly. Vladamir watched her go, then sighed, opened his journal and crossed one of the names out of his latest entry.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 06:32:48 pm by Deus Asmoth »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 172