Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 670804 times)

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate: Battling Blood
« Reply #525 on: April 05, 2014, 03:35:54 pm »

Vlads boot thieves
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 05, 2014, 04:14:40 pm »

I think that Vlad would name it one of two things: something that he likes, or something that he dislikes. Also, remember your good friend: the wiki.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 06, 2014, 01:16:59 am »

"I heard that."
danth jumped and looked around.

"sorcery is the enlisting of other spirits to do one's bidding. I do not enlist other spirits to help me, therefore I am not a sorcerer...oh don't worry, it's a common enough misconception."

I pause for a moment.

"There's...a problem. What you have been poisoned with...is not meta balefire. It's incredibly similar, but...my first analysis of what happened suggested...that you should've turned into a massive crystal pillar. Only you didn't.  Then I realized that the source of the poison-er, curse-might not have been a book, but a botched ritual of some sort...only I'm one variable short.  I can't compute the correct frequency...er, "angle", at which to apply my willpower to safely remove the curse unless I can find out exactly what gave you the curse.  either way, you lucked out."

"I do not know, or really care, if you were lying to me, or honestly do not know how it happened...but if the latter, then you can help me track down where the ritual took place; for if I have any weakness, it is that many forms of magic are...invisible to me, unless I have a good idea of what I'm looking for."
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: April 06, 2014, 06:35:49 am »

Also, remember your good friend: the wiki.

THE WIKI IS LOVE. THE WIKI IS LIFE.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 06, 2014, 06:50:46 am »

LONG LIVE THE WIKI!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 06, 2014, 07:37:35 am »

LONG LIVE THE WIKI!

TEXT FOR THE TEXT GOD! PLOT FOR THE PLOT THRONE!

EDIT: Actually I'm going to make the Demongate hub page today.
Also, is anyone else wondering where the 'kin are? Not to jinx anything. Perhaps they're programed to come later.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 07:53:22 am by MDFification »

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 06, 2014, 09:49:17 am »

"Hmmmm? Well if I knew the type of magic your looking for, I could find it easy.... but so far all I smelled was dark magic tomes, arcane magic tome, and lastly a demonology spell." *Deep in thought* "Other then that *Hack cough* sorry but that's all I smelt so far. I can maybe be able to boost my magic tracking if we had Forgotten beast flesh.... other then that we would need a high up shaman in my clan."
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 08:52:39 pm by danmanthedog »

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 06, 2014, 06:36:36 pm »

It could just be that the Bloodkin need a high population or wealth to invade.

Fun fact, by the way. Vladamir sticks out his tongue while thinking, while Thane licks her lips while thinking. Clearly, their mouth based habits drew them together.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 06, 2014, 08:38:26 pm »

It could just be that the Bloodkin need a high population or wealth to invade.

Fun fact, by the way. Vladamir sticks out his tongue while thinking, while Thane licks her lips while thinking. Clearly, their mouth based habits drew them together.

Seeing as the current canon is 'they got drunk and boned', maybe it did.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 06, 2014, 08:45:30 pm »

"Then until we get a forgotten beast, I cannot treat you."

At danth's crestfallen expression, I hastened to add: "But you can still apply generic curse-slowing procedures; spend an hour each day focusing on your will to live and your will to get better. Follow it up with at least a short period of productive activity, even if you're feeling exhausted-faith without works is dead and all that.  Drink sunberry wine if you can get it, and avoid whip-vine flower...

"It will complicate things on my end, as i'll have to deal with the...fog of war, but you need to buy yourself some time. "

I wasn't about to mention my initial estimate of 1 year to live.  After all, she'd likely believe it. By believing it, she'd make it magically come true.

ooc: now think about how that last line would sound in real life.
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 06, 2014, 09:00:38 pm »

"Well if we could get a barrel of blood from at least 5 different wild creatures I could use a low shaman spell that I learned before leaving my village, what it should do is cast a anti magic shield around the caster but we need also some bones, meat, venom and finally a live sacrifice. I could ask the ov*Hack, hack cough.*overseer to trade some. Hmm with your spells or magic... that reminds me what magic do you use but nerveless *cough cough* it could at least help.. right?"

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 06, 2014, 09:09:12 pm »

Joyce's Journal
Magicks and Alliances
--
It's queer; it took so many years for the thaumateurgical concentration to reach notable levels last time, yet this new fortress already as enough of one to wake me from a century-spanning coma. I'm not sure how many of the citizens notice it, but in my years I've grown to learn that—hidden amidst the peasantry—crazy sorts of figures prowl. Perhaps there's an artifact somewhere here—the scribe carries several ancient tomes on him. I'll be sure to find the source eventually.

In the meantime, I've sought to compile information regarding the groups of this fort; the more groups there are the more discord can occur within.

The Order of the Knights of St. Zane: What an history these ones have. Founded by Urist McKnight, they dedicate their lives to fighting the bloodkin. I had a run-in with them a while back, and nearly lost my life in the process. It was fun whilst it lasted, though—got a few drinks here and there. The very presence of the order in this place lays credence to my theory that I am in a fortress designed to stop the invasions. The local leader, Sir Brenzen, is the current low magebane of the order, and the current commander of the militia here. Apparently, he's not too popular here; pulled some crazy stunts and lost a lot of approval, or something along those lines.

The scribe—Tarmid, I believe—is an active sort of dwarf. He's always buried in some dusty tome, studying and trying to teach mathematics to the peasantry. I think that he suspects my true identity, and he's poured over countless tomes on Steelhold within the past day alone. Through Gnora, he has provided me with this book, as well as my pens and ink.

The Olympians: A reasonably-sized group of anti-Bloodkin troopers lead by a edgy chain-smoker named Thanatos. Threat: minimal.

No doubt more will arise after I leave, but these are all that exist here as of now. I have grown slightly bored in my searches for the source of the magick, and I believe that I will take up a new project in between investigations. I'll send Gnora to pick me up a blank folio from the scribe.

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 06, 2014, 09:11:14 pm »

Before I start playing for real, I'm testing the aesthetics of different classroom and library designs. I have yet to decide on cluttered or spacious. What do you folks think?

And another thing. Anyone interested in seeing a couple story posts from Shank's perspective?

Actual first update coming tomorrow.
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: April 06, 2014, 09:11:58 pm »

And another thing. Anyone interested in seeing a couple story posts from Shank's perspective?
Of course.

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 06, 2014, 09:34:16 pm »

Thanatos journal entry

The reports coming in from the men are bad to say the least. The kingdoms down south have been annihilated and we can only make hit and run attacks on the main column. On a better note the magic detecting device Hephaestus and Hecate were making has been created something about an opal apparently. It should be here tommorow. Also Apollo has created a tasteless liquid thats allows me to poison bloodkin or detect vampires. A shipment will come tommorow as well. Ill probably put it in tommorows dinner then ill see if anyone starts coughing for the rest of the night. That coffin incident was weird and what happened to the guy who brought the coffin? I have not seen him in a while. I still make my nightly strolls it allows me to think. Soon we will have to reveal the threat of the bloodkin to the people but when? Should we wait for scouts to start showing up or earlier? Also who does this overseer think he is all Olympians are educated as well as any scribes or royalty. How do you think I read my report's, write my orders and learn tactics. I shall inform him that I shall not participate in learning. If he asks for proof Ill answer any question. When he asks how I shall not say. Maybe I can ask to teach history I have always liked that subject plus I need to have some kind of relationship with the community.
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 172