Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 665444 times)

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate: Battling Blood
« Reply #615 on: April 15, 2014, 12:07:23 am »

Come on now, that could be any James Joyce. Be reasonable.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: April 15, 2014, 12:23:55 am »

Reason is not a word in the dwarven dictionary.

(Translation: Tarmid won't flip his shit over this just yet. The coincidence kind of scares the pants off of him.)

Edit2: Is the mayor claimed? Do we even have a mayor at the moment?

The mayor is Besmar Paintwilt. She is currently in Thane's squad. I don't remember her being mayor at the start of my year, though I do know there was an election.

What does a horse have to be angry about? Was it falsely accused of vampirism?

Perhaps this is somehow related to that engraving a few pages back.
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: April 15, 2014, 12:32:30 am »

It's time for more awful MSpaint artistry! I've put my little portrait in spoiler tags as to shield your eyes.

Spoiler: Gnora (click to show/hide)

I might do the other principal characters, if I find the time and the motivation.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: April 15, 2014, 07:33:07 am »

Reason is not a word in the dwarven dictionary.

(Translation: Tarmid won't flip his shit over this just yet. The coincidence kind of scares the pants off of him.)

Perhaps Tarmid might be more inclined to flip his shit because Joyce tried to trick a rather naive pupil of his into attempting to burn his eyes out with chemicals?
Anyway if people need to be smacked, feel free to use Vlad as a hired goon. He's still oddly cheerful concerning the situation.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: April 15, 2014, 04:38:44 pm »

In an obscure corridor, a nervous danth waits...

"Ah, hello, danth. Any luck drawing strength from the hydra's remains?"
"n..no.  Are you a monster?"
danth clapped (his?her?) hands over (his/her?) mouth, horrified...which was puzzling to me. it was a foolish question, but curiosity was always to be commended-except in children, in whom it was merely annoying.
Oh. I see. I feel like an idiot.
"I don't see why your suddenly afraid of me. Whatever else I may be, whatever other goals I may have, I wish to solve the puzzle of your illness.  For that I need you alive and well. As for the question itself...I am unfit to answer it.  I do not trust myself to analyze myself.  I fear that I would label selfish actions as 'for the greater good', or vice versa...tell you what: I'll tell you my life story...and in exchange, you can answer the question for me. What say you?"
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: April 15, 2014, 04:58:12 pm »

"...Okay I agree and no I wasn't able to get to the hydra before it was butchered, Don't they know that*HACK HACK HACK* it ruins the powers of the flesh and blood if butchered. Tarmid is not planning to buy the need material he is also going to arrest for a investagation if I use Demonology. That old fool doesn't he know my clan is excluded of the St. Zane groups punishment if we stay to Animalmancery."

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: April 15, 2014, 05:52:41 pm »

That old fool doesn't he know my clan is excluded of the St. Zane groups punishment if we stay to Animalmancery."

I can't really see this being a thing myself. We're talking about fanatics who emulated a fanatic here.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: April 15, 2014, 07:07:19 pm »

It does seem strange that they'd decide that one particular branch of magic was a-ok, in spite of hating all other forms of it. A local group might decide to leave the clan alone for the greater good (there's a group dedicated to killing megabeasts=fewer megabeasts to possibly kill knights) but it wouldn't be something they'd share with the entire group unless they wanted to be branded heretics. Of course, if a knight told one of the Dan's clan that they'd leave them alone, he could simply misinterpret that as meaning that the entire order had accepted them rather than that one maverick knight.

What's everyone teaching, by the way? If Tarmid's doing reading and writing and Thanatos is doing history, presumably Thane would be able to handle basic math after working as bookkeeper, and maybe chemistry of some kind from her experience with metals? I guess geography wouldn't be a popular dwarven subject, otherwise they wouldn't be able to get people to settle in salt water swamps where it constantly rains boiling excrement that causes vomiting.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: April 15, 2014, 07:37:06 pm »

It does seem strange that they'd decide that one particular branch of magic was a-ok, in spite of hating all other forms of it. A local group might decide to leave the clan alone for the greater good (there's a group dedicated to killing megabeasts=fewer megabeasts to possibly kill knights) but it wouldn't be something they'd share with the entire group unless they wanted to be branded heretics. Of course, if a knight told one of the Dan's clan that they'd leave them alone, he could simply misinterpret that as meaning that the entire order had accepted them rather than that one maverick knight.

What's everyone teaching, by the way? If Tarmid's doing reading and writing and Thanatos is doing history, presumably Thane would be able to handle basic math after working as bookkeeper, and maybe chemistry of some kind from her experience with metals? I guess geography wouldn't be a popular dwarven subject, otherwise they wouldn't be able to get people to settle in salt water swamps where it constantly rains boiling excrement that causes vomiting.

Vlad is informally doing Tactics, Fitness, Foreign Languages (don't ask), Philosophy (not that anyone would call it that) and providing tutoring for the reality challenged.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: April 15, 2014, 07:47:00 pm »

Hmm I would think killing Fb or megabeasts would give you a free pass for magic. Also is the vampire still locked up or what?

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: April 15, 2014, 08:29:51 pm »

I think Thanatos should do a how to kill bloodkin course as well. It is the olimpyans expertise.
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

Spear

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Noob☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: April 15, 2014, 08:53:31 pm »

It does seem strange that they'd decide that one particular branch of magic was a-ok, in spite of hating all other forms of it.

Thats the game of politics for you, maybe at some point someone was paid off to approve it and allow no further questions on why a form of magic is allowed..? or they have a fake excuse..

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: April 15, 2014, 09:28:57 pm »

Eh, I'd let 4maskwolf decide this myself, whenever he shows his stunningly handsome face around these parts next. I mean, they are his knights. Well, Rhaken also has a big stake and he said nope, so I wouldn't expect anything beyond smackdown-central for everyone who even looks like they can do a magic trick.

Also, peregarret might be a little late to start his turn I think, on account of him playing a turn in another thread. Hopefully not too late. It'd be great to get some non-Steelhold players having turns. Who knows, they might not fuck up and kill us all every third turn, as seems to be standard procedure.

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: April 15, 2014, 09:42:12 pm »

I would take a turn but I have school and my computers garbage.
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: April 16, 2014, 08:46:47 am »

Eh, I'd let 4maskwolf decide this myself, whenever he shows his stunningly handsome face around these parts next. I mean, they are his knights. Well, Rhaken also has a big stake and he said nope, so I wouldn't expect anything beyond smackdown-central for everyone who even looks like they can do a magic trick.

Also, peregarret might be a little late to start his turn I think, on account of him playing a turn in another thread. Hopefully not too late. It'd be great to get some non-Steelhold players having turns. Who knows, they might not fuck up and kill us all every third turn, as seems to be standard procedure.
Why thank you for that compliment for a face you've never seen.

I am having... Difficulties with accessing DF forums right now, but I will post when I can.

Dantheman: they don't distinguish between magic. As a point of fact, they are convinced that all magic comes from demons: or at least, Brenzen is. Brenzen is also of low enough rank ( there are six ranks: knight, knight commander, low magebane, high magebane, master, and grandmaster) that he wouldn't know if the upper echelons knew about the differences in types of magic.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 172