Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 665378 times)

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate: Battling Blood
« Reply #630 on: April 16, 2014, 10:02:11 am »

Great your guy is a Templar just lovely.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: April 16, 2014, 01:49:10 pm »

...I'm dead already, right? I was away for a bit, but seeing as it's that fortress, well...
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: April 16, 2014, 02:43:25 pm »

I don't recall seeing anything about you dying, but it's entirely possible you died and no one noticed.

Dan, he's coming from an order that teaches that all magic is evil and comes from demons. He's not just going to turn around and accept that one branch is fine just because the person doing it says it is.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: April 16, 2014, 03:55:31 pm »

I don't recall seeing anything about you dying, but it's entirely possible you died and no one noticed.

Dan, he's coming from an order that teaches that all magic is evil and comes from demons. He's not just going to turn around and accept that one branch is fine just because the person doing it says it is.

It could be worse. It could be Steelhold.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: April 16, 2014, 04:12:13 pm »

It could be worse. It could be Steelhold.

Yeah... By the way, we still have to kill even a single overseer (Gnorm unintentionally (?) came pretty close to it, but not succeeded)... Clearly, not Steelhold.

Time to write something in-character, Lokast arm is probably okay by now.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: April 16, 2014, 05:02:56 pm »

Pardon my delays, folks. It has been harder and harder to find free time. I will have the whole thing concluded by Friday, possibly tomorrow if I'm lucky. Writing an update as we speak.

Lokast's arm is indeed fine. He's back to walking about, though I don't think he's gone back to hunting. Oficially, he was down there for whatever reason you want, but from an ingame standpoint, it was just a hunt gone wrong.
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: April 16, 2014, 05:54:23 pm »

Once Rhaken posts the save, is it ok if I alter the bloodkin's entity file a bit? I'm not sure they'll ever show up with some of their progress triggers missing, and they won't arrive for a few years with the population trigger at the setting it's at.

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: April 16, 2014, 06:12:08 pm »

Once Rhaken posts the save, is it ok if I alter the bloodkin's entity file a bit? I'm not sure they'll ever show up with some of their progress triggers missing, and they won't arrive for a few years with the population trigger at the setting it's at.

Oh hells yes please.

On another note, how do I change the thread title? Do I just remove the "Re:" at the beginning or what?
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: April 16, 2014, 06:29:00 pm »

@Asmoth: Long story short, you can't do anything. Altering the civ files isn't like most modding - you have to gen a new world for it to be applied in-game. So we'd loose the current Demongate.

@Rhaken: Asmoth has to change the title of the OP for the displayed title of the thread to change. You can change your title, but it doesn't do squat, really.

Now I look technically competent, maybe we can forget about the whole albatross civilization/spontaneous bloodkin combustion thing, yes?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: April 16, 2014, 06:42:19 pm »

I wouldn't object to suggestions for a new thread title in any case, if you've got any ideas.

Kind of sucks about not being able to change entity files, though. I suppose the options are to regen a world with lower threshold bloodkin, or continue and see what happens with Demongate as it is. For reference, I don't think Steelhold ever reached the population that would trigger a bloodkin invasion, though I'm still in favour of option b, since that curious underground structure would likely provide a lot of fun.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: April 16, 2014, 06:51:01 pm »

I wouldn't object to suggestions for a new thread title in any case, if you've got any ideas.

Kind of sucks about not being able to change entity files, though. I suppose the options are to regen a world with lower threshold bloodkin, or continue and see what happens with Demongate as it is. For reference, I don't think Steelhold ever reached the population that would trigger a bloodkin invasion, though I'm still in favour of option b, since that curious underground structure would likely provide a lot of fun.

Well, we've managed to get this far with relatively few deaths. This is what, year 5 we're going into? Typically we should be reaching about 150 pop at this point.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: April 16, 2014, 06:55:55 pm »

"Demongate: Where Templars are Dwarven" ?
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: April 16, 2014, 07:00:57 pm »

Demongate: No Adamantine Production (History Repeats Itself)

EDIT: Actually, would anyone be down for Demongate: Everyone is Crazy but Vlad (The Musical)?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 07:06:25 pm by MDFification »

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: April 16, 2014, 07:04:34 pm »

Now I look technically competent, maybe we can forget about the whole albatross civilization/spontaneous bloodkin combustion thing, yes?

Nominated.

NEVER FORGET

EDIT:

I was planning on "Demongate: There Are No Heroes".

Curiously, I got just the one migrant wave. And, uh, no dwarven liaison for some reason. I have no idea what happened.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: April 16, 2014, 08:53:48 pm »

How exactly is the succession of turns working? Once we reach the bottom of the list, does it start over?
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 172