Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 665376 times)

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate: Battling Blood
« Reply #645 on: April 16, 2014, 09:02:59 pm »

Demongate: Technically Competent

Demongate: Entry to Insanity

Demongate: LET ME OUT!!!
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: April 16, 2014, 10:24:23 pm »

How exactly is the succession of turns working? Once we reach the bottom of the list, does it start over?

I have no idea. I assume that like Steelhold you can just request a second turn, although it'd be good etiquette for those who've already gone to allow new players to sliiiide in in front of them in the list. Maybe there should be some seperate list for the people who'd get bumped down by new players so we don't discourage them, but can have veterans play again? You'd only go on it voluntarily.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: April 16, 2014, 10:52:06 pm »

Demongate: Endless Wait

I think we talked about it earlier and decided (not majority, just who was present) to give a chance for new players. I.e. just like MDFication said.

((Endlessly waiting for the destined enemy to appear is pretty fun. We can slip raising concerns about whenever fort has a point at all, as its aim is from the realm of fantasy.

I don't think that removal of Trade and Wealth triggers does anything - only one of three triggers must be reached for sieges to occur.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: April 16, 2014, 11:57:12 pm »

Thanatos was at Tarmid's door, looking impatient as ever. Tarmid had never spoken to the dwarf before, but he had heard plenty of stories from Vlad during their 'evening prayers' with Brother Cornelius.

"Hello, Thanatos. How may I help you?"

"I want to teach history."

Tarmid arched an eyebrow. "Thanatos, the school isn't even fully built yet. Besides, I have no guarantees that you are qualified."

"Test me then." The dark dwarf sounded on edge. According to Vlad, that was normal.

"Who was the first monarch of The First Iron?"

"Fikod Trumpettrammel." Thanatos answered without hesitation.

"What year did Dobar Waningsabre renounce the throne?"

"445."

"Who led the assault..."

They continued for hours on end. Thanatos was good, but he was no historian. He correctly answered around two thirds of Tarmid's questions. With a textbook to back him, he might make a decent teacher. Though there is certainly more to teaching that spewing facts over a classroom for an hour. They parted ways after Tarmid promised to consider him as a history professor.

Tarmid idly scratched at his umber beard. How long had he been awake? Judging by the number of burnt-out candles, it must have been three days or so. His temples throbbed and his vision was starting to swim. Lucidity was starting to slip. He would just look over his notes before going to bed. Or collapsing over his desk, that would do.

The human necromancer Amsan Jestedbow had taken a dwarven apprentice. After reading several of Amsan's rambles, he finally had the dwarf's name. Fikod Trumpettrammel, the first monarch of The First Iron, who abandoned his duties in the year 24. And all this time, historians had wondered where he went. Amsan himself had learned from the stone slab Walledcoasts, given to him by Olon the Death of Tombs, human goddess of death, whom the necromancer often called She of One Arm and The Many-Jointed One. What this meant exactly was anyone's guess.

Then there was Zon Lancedmirrors, the King in Blood. In the year 60, after 24 years of service, Zon profaned The Sanctuary of Rims and was given the blood-curse. He continued to rule, keeping his curse a secret from the public and passing cruel laws and edicts. He was famous for his tyranny, demanding that over one hundred dwarves be taken to his palace every year to train in his 'elite guard'. Very few survived. Probably because Zon was draining them of blood to sate his appetites.

Also of note during Zon's reign was the beginning of The Violent Conflict, some cynical historian's name for the protracted war between the dwarves of The First Iron and what many believed to be a faction of insane dwarves. Tarmid, of course, knew the truth. Zon had declared war on the Bloodkin. Nobody knew why. Zon himself was slain in the conflict, his unnatural life taken by Nish Woodlabor, who commanded the Bloodkin forces. Nish himself was later slain by four dwarves, whose names Tarmid could not find.

Tarmid had also uncovered the names of many other vampires and necromancers. He had found several practitioners of the forbidden arts, dwarven and human, all settled in a place called Testtrumpet. None of his maps could find out where exactly that was. A pity. It would be a high priority target for the Knights. A massive tower, filled with forbidden tomes and decaying mockeries of life. The sooner it was burned to the ground, the better.

It was only now, that most of his research orders were concluded, that Tarmid began to wonder. Why had he received orders to pursue these topics in particular? His normal research was all about the Bloodkin. Society, organization, figureheads, strengths and weaknesses. It was Tarmid, together with two other colleagues, who had discovered the Bloodkin fleshfarms. Tarmid hoped beyond all hope that he would never see one.

He had done some deep digging, and unearthed numerous secrets. Many seemed unrelated in any way, but his research was seldom that simple. He was just too burned out to connect the dots. There was a pattern to all these, he was certain. A pattern he would discern later. Once he woke up.

Tarmid fell over.

Temperatures were dropping in Demongate's territory. It had been a week since Tarmid and Brenzen last visited their vampire captive. Standard procedure mandated that the interval between interrogations should increase as the months go by, ensuring the vampire's isolation. In the interim, the creature had nothing to do but wallow in misery and try to recover from the torture.

They could hear the scrabbling of hands and feet before they even opened the door. Inside, they found the vampire straining against his bonds, trying to run forward, a manic fire burning in his fully open eyes. He seemed to be trying to run, but the shackles embedded in the wall kept him pinned in place.

Brenzen approached, pick in hand, to subdue Dodok. He raised the pick in warning. Dodok ignored him completely and continued his attempt to run off. Brenzen gave several verbal warnings, all of which fell on deaf ears. Finally, he clouted the vampire in the side of the head. The vampire didn't even flinch.

The knight stared, jaw agape. Tarmid stepped in, took position on the vampire's side, opposite Sir Brenzen.

"Turn his head for me, would you?"

Brenzen took Dodok's head and turned it by sheer strength toward Tarmid. The vampire acted like nothing happened and continued to run his static marathon. Tarmid pulled the eyelids further open with his thumbs, examined the vampire's pupils. They were dilated, massive pits that took up most of the iris. They weren't registering movement.

"Dodok," Tarmid inquired. "What do you want?"

"Tourmalines! I must have them. I must! I must complete my work!"

Tarmid turned to Sir Brenzen.

"It seems we have materials to haul."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A roar from the caverns. A roar so loud, it could be heard in the barracks. Vlad and Brenzen mobilized their soldiers. Rith prepared his marksdwarves and sent them out for ammo.

"What do you suppose it is?" Asked Kadol One-Hand.

"Huge," someone offered.

Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: April 17, 2014, 12:07:59 am »

Finally something to kill people!!! I want guts and blood a lot of blood. Blood for the blood god!!!!!
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate: There Are No Heroes
« Reply #650 on: April 17, 2014, 01:55:25 am »

Once you take care of the beast, would you mind temporarily having Gnora train in glass-making. I'd like to have her make something more interesting than a stone mug if she should get a strange mood.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: April 17, 2014, 02:14:03 am »

And of course, clear glass weapon traps are always a useful and amusing way to separate goblinite from the waste around it.

I believe we did decide on doing the turns like in Steelhold.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: April 17, 2014, 10:18:38 am »

*ROAR from the deep caverns!* That sound, the smell! It's here a Forgotten one, finally I can finish my pilgrimage and get the need supplies for the spell. CRAP only the military will be fighting it... thats it I just have to enter the military as a crossbow dwarf. I must find Tarmid or Vlad to see if we can make a crossbow unit.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: April 17, 2014, 11:01:27 am »

*ROAR from the deep caverns!* That sound, the smell! It's here a Forgotten one, finally I can finish my pilgrimage and get the need supplies for the spell. CRAP only the military will be fighting it... thats it I just have to enter the military as a crossbow dwarf. I must find Tarmid or Vlad to see if we can make a crossbow unit.

I think we already have a squad of marksdwarves, although I don't know if Dantheman (dorf) is in it.
Also Vlad will definitely be cuttingk you if the stalking continues.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: April 17, 2014, 11:42:48 am »

I think we already have a squad of marksdwarves, although I don't know if Dantheman (dorf) is in it.
Also Vlad will definitely be cutting you if the stalking continues.
He doesn't even know who is stalking Thane or Tarmid. So yeah I would like to be put in the crossbow squad and if we do go after that Forgotten beast I would like to have some of its meat put in my room.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: April 17, 2014, 02:49:00 pm »

Also Vlad will definitely be cutting you if the stalking continues.
He doesn't even know who is stalking Thane or Tarmid.
Which is weird because it is him.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: April 17, 2014, 03:30:19 pm »

"Before you run off to grab a crossbow...the so-called "exception" granted your clan? Strange moods.  the order as a whole believes that your clan is subject to a rare variety of strange mood.   They do NOT believe your clan uses magic; for to them, strange moods are not magic...I wish you luck, danth. "

This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: April 17, 2014, 05:24:34 pm »

MDF, I think he meant that Vlad doesn't know who's stalking people rather than Dan is schizophrenic, which would be (even more) worrying.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: April 17, 2014, 05:55:27 pm »

MDF, I think he meant that Vlad doesn't know who's stalking people rather than Dan is schizophrenic, which would be (even more) worrying.
No i was saying that vlad does not know who is stalking them also
"Before you run off to grab a crossbow...the so-called "exception" granted your clan? Strange moods.  the order as a whole believes that your clan is subject to a rare variety of strange mood.   They do NOT believe your clan uses magic; for to them, strange moods are not magic...I wish you luck, danth. "

Who is your character agian and also guys just call me Dan or danman it's strange being called danthe.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: April 17, 2014, 06:53:33 pm »

Mine's a self insert who got exposed to over a millennium of isolation in minecraft, followed up by a transformation into a non-corporeal entity thanks to a turbocharged diamond portal.  This was followed by a series of sanity-draining, trans-dimensional jumps.  These ended at Steelhold with the creation of an adamant portal with the polarity reversed...

But before steelhold, my dwarf encountered swordthunders-one of the first fortresses to completely break the clowncar, if not the very first.  Said fortress became a nightmare of lag, what with thousands of dead dwarves, uncountable items (if you looked at the stone stocks, the game would freeze up for about a minute)...many of which were glitched into hyperspace via the water flow glitch, and/or unmovable thanks to ownership tags not clearing.  (A rather large chunk of the fortress was deliberately flooded with lava in the hopes of improving fps in the long run. )

Attempts to break the curse of swordthunders by giving away enough junk...failed; the merchants kept getting killed, leaving their stuff behind in the trade depot or scattered near the entrance.

Naturally, it imploded, and was contained only by a very elaborate self-reference scheme centered around the crundle leather tome of Das Ebal. Since I was the last person to complete a turn as overseer, it remained with me.

My dwarf has been pretty depressed since the bloodkin incident.
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 172