Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 673047 times)

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate: There Are No Heroes
« Reply #870 on: April 29, 2014, 06:28:24 am »

Oh, I see where it goes. Will do the last part of my turn soon and pass the rulership to Vlad (he's next, right?).

Aye. Although don't rush yourself, you have plenty of time.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: April 29, 2014, 06:41:54 am »

I'm don't rush, but there's nothing really happens here. For now.
What should we request from dwarven liaison, BTW? Iron and steel?
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: April 29, 2014, 06:57:53 am »

Iron, Steel, and Pig Iron to make into Steel. I'm pretty sure we have flux somewhere on the map, but if not you could request that through requesting specific stones.
Also meeting the conditions for a baron would be nice.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: April 29, 2014, 07:01:05 am »

could you mention a special visitor looking for Brenzen as a part of your update?

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: April 29, 2014, 09:36:24 am »

..... I know this might sound crazy, but could Artyom be Baron?

He does seem like an excellent compromise candidate for the position; He was a founder, he has spent much of his time making the fortress what it is today, he is aware of the role Demongate was meant to play in the grand scheme of things and is willing to continue to work towards ensuring the Fortress is powerful enough to carry out its mission. While his primary role in the Fortress for several years has been in mining a such he has recently started a military career, giving him experience and connections in both military and civilian parts of the Fortress. To my knowledge, no one hates him either so their aren't going to be any passionate objections to his claim either.

Of course, we could also stage a full of election. To my understanding, our dwarfish ancestors voted for their kings and queens; who are we to reject the wisdom of our forebears?   
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: April 29, 2014, 10:25:49 am »

Well, maybe.
One oveto for Artyom, and I've seen a vote for Vladimir.
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: April 29, 2014, 10:28:09 am »

Well, maybe.
One oveto for Artyom, and I've seen a vote for Vladimir.

Make that two votes for Vlad, savior of our booze, defiler of elves and succeeding through nepotism since the fort's foundation.
Friends with Cornelius, lover of Thane. Guy knows how to cozy up to the Overseers.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: April 29, 2014, 10:48:12 am »

I think that there's some weirdness regarding having a baron that's in the militia as well, though I suppose that would apply to Vlad more so than to Artyom. Providing they're not attempting to hold the posts of baron and militia captain simultaneously everything should be fine though.

I would like to recommend Thane for the fortress' champion once the spot becomes available for the simple reason that all the other candidates are either affiliated with outside influences or are untrustworthy mercenaries. Though if one of the Knights becomes Baron, I guess they'd want one of their own for their champion.

Side note: Thane must have incredibly bad peripheral vision not to have noticed Dan following her by now if Vlad could find out so easily.

"I can't picture Cornelius doing something like that, though," Thane said. "He's always seemed so nice... I mean, he might disagree with you about the sun berries, but it's not something he'd kill over, is it?"
"He doesn't need to kill me," Gnora shook her head. "He's just trying to make me look crazy, or find something to blackmail me with. It might not even be just him, he could be getting help from-"
"Vlad wouldn't do something like that," Thane cut across her.
"It doesn't need to be him, Cornelius could have hired someone else! He could just be part of a group of spies sent here to destabilise us, get us under the heel of foreign rulers!"

Thane frowned. She was nearly certain that Gnora was on the edge, but if she was being followed by this strange person as well...
"I think..." she began, then licked her lips. "I think that we need to talk to Tarmid. Someone's been following him around as well, and it's about time that we found out who it is. I know you think it's Cornelius, but there could be something bigger going on here."
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: April 29, 2014, 11:08:57 am »

I think that there's some weirdness regarding having a baron that's in the militia as well, though I suppose that would apply to Vlad more so than to Artyom. Providing they're not attempting to hold the posts of baron and militia captain simultaneously everything should be fine though.

Never come across that problem before. Ah well.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: April 29, 2014, 02:09:25 pm »

I'm personally for Vlad. Just because "Baron Vladimir Uristovich" sounds bloody cool. 

Things were moving smooth, autumn has come in time, and winter was close.
Dwarven caravan arrived at their usual time, just after humans packed up and left, mumbling about thier schedule and "lazy dwarves". Depressive elves watched them leaving, but still stayed at the depot, hoping for something... Or maybe they had nowhere to go without their cargo. Nobody cared.

So, when dwarves arrived, FractalEntity ordered sever bins of goods to be moved in, and left to wet his throat. Soon there will be a lot of talking, arguing, cursing, persuading and so on.

Same time merchants arrive, a liaison showed up from the nothern forest. He was running with all his speed, and a few minutes later everyone found out why.
- An ambush! Curse them! - spit Medtob the fisher, putting his bronze crossbow up. She was off-duty from her squad and went out to sit at the pond and catch some fish. But sometimes duty gets you at your free time.
She aimed and shot the bolt at the nearest goblin, puncturing his leg with bone bolt. Goblin fell.
- I should have taken metal bolts - mumbered Medtob and put another bolt on the crossbow.

Knights and Vultures rushed out of the gate to help her and protect the liaison. Recruit Etur Libashgim charged blindly at their pikeman leader, while others got tied in a fight with axemen, and the luck was bad for Etur. He got stabbed at the left arm losing his shield, and then had to dodge and parry strikes with his silver hammer. That couldn't go long, and later he lost hammer too and collapsed in pain. Pikemen put the last strike in the head and turned to the next.

Others did fine. Medtob shot her opponent in a heart, Artyom Barkov chopped the leg off with his pick, and others did fine. FInishing their opponents they charged at the pikegoblin and put him down all together.

Liaison walked into the gate, stumbling ang trying to catch his breath. Some dwarf in a hood offered him a hand and let him in.
- Hey, where's Sir Brenzen? - asked he to others idling next to stockpile. - Here's a liaison looking for him!
- Not Brenzen... I need to speak... to the mayor... first... - said liaison breathlessly.
- Ok then. Let's find a mayor, then Sir Brenzen. Follow me - said the hooded dwarf.

- Haven't seen that guy before here, - said a woodburner, peeking a troglodite in a cage with stick
- Who, liaison?
- No, that hooded guy.

Sir Brenzen called Rith, the captain of Crossbow Support squad, and Medtob caome ot his office
- Rith, do you have something to say about Medtob, and her morning deed?
- Quite heroic. She held them untill we arrived, and shot one of them dead, right in a heart!
- Okay. Medtob, come.
- Yes, Sir.
- As the aknowledge of your bravery thus I grant you a noble title. Bend your knees. - Brenzen touched her shoulder with his pick - Stand up, Medtob Obeybridged, the Solitary Petals.

Another group od goblins came from south and was dispatched by caravan guard with no scratch. But we lost a cat who got on their way into fortress.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: April 29, 2014, 06:45:13 pm »

"Hmm can you tell me any about his hooded person? *Talking well shoving a turkey leg sized stick into the Trog's spleen.* Like was she/he smell strange or at least feel funny to you? Also where did you get this Trog from? *Shoving same stick in to the groin of the Trog

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: April 29, 2014, 07:00:59 pm »

Vlad being baron would be rather amusing, though I imagine it wouldn't bode well for Gnora.

Also, unless either Cornelius or Dantheman is far more subtle than we now think, no one is actually stalking Gnora.

Gnora set down her mug; Thane's answer was not what she wanted. She had hoped to receive either confirmation of her suspicions or to have them debunked and her fears assuaged. Instead, Thane told her that there might be something even more sinister happening within their halls. Suddenly Thane and Tarmid's shared uneasiness in the previous years did not seem so silly.

"I guess we'll see what Tarmid thinks," Gnora said eventually. "He seems like one of them intellectuals."

"Yes," replied Thane, who began to rise from her chair. Gnora outstretched her hand to stop her.

"Please, there's still rum in the barrel. Let us empty it first."

The two sat for the remainder of the afternoon, drinking cup after cup of the liquor. Strong alcohol will affect even the mind of a dwarf after enough is drunk in a short period of time, and Gnora soon became interested in other matters than the one at hand.

"Miss Thane, why did you fall for Vlad?" she asked quietly.

Thane sighed, "I'm not really sure how it happened, it just did. I guess I just came to see the good in him after a while."

Gnora smiled and shook her head, letting out only a slight giggle. She glanced over to the barrel; it was completely depleted. It was time to see Tarmid.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: April 29, 2014, 08:12:39 pm »

Vlad being baron would be rather amusing, though I imagine it wouldn't bode well for Gnora.

Vlad wouldn't relaly do anything to Gnora, although she would receive frequent reminders that her opinions don't matter.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: April 29, 2014, 08:18:50 pm »

Vlad wouldn't relaly do anything to Gnora, although she would receive frequent reminders that her opinions don't matter.
That would rile her up enough.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: April 29, 2014, 08:46:31 pm »

That would rile her up enough.
That vas the plan, yes?

Edit: I'm kind of dreading my turn as I'm preparing to invade hell and build a colony in my military test fort. Going back to a fort with less than 50 (mostly legendary now - it's been 11 years of hard training and I've finally fixed the schedules) militia members and a non-implausibly large amount of adamantine will be rough.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 08:48:30 pm by MDFification »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 172