Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 665453 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate: There Are No Heroes
« Reply #1035 on: May 08, 2014, 11:25:53 am »

Who are B.A.L.L.S. and Spiral? I don't remember them getting dwarfed.

Thane's Journal

Helgard. I don't know who he is, but he's sure done a good job of taking over our 'secure' fortress. It's probably my own fault, Vlad hasn't been happy as overseer ever since our fight a few months back. I told him there was nothing wrong when he asked me, but apparently that's just something women say. I'm still concerned about our new leader, though. He seems to have most of the upper echelons of the fortress dancing to his tune, including the newly appointed champion, who isn't even in the militia! I think I'll have to give him a chance, but I'm very wary of his motives. At least it'll give me an opportunity to patch everything up with Vladamir.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: May 08, 2014, 12:24:01 pm »

Oh yeah, forgot to mention this, but Vlad will be a count soon. I tried to avoid it by keeping him too busy to meet with the Liaison, but apparently that doesn't work. So expect the number of mandates to increase soon, unfortunately.
Good thing Vlad likes hammers.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: May 08, 2014, 02:22:46 pm »

If you want to train with Flame, you're going to have to convince her. She's non-violent and isn't actually in the military, technically. Also, can the overseer nickname her Weaponsmith?

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: May 08, 2014, 04:27:52 pm »

If you want to train with Flame, you're going to have to convince her. She's non-violent and isn't actually in the military, technically. Also, can the overseer nickname her Weaponsmith?
I'm fairly certain Flame doesn't have a designated area to train right now anyway, since I wanted her to remain in the forges; the real reason she's in the military is to force her to carry that artifact axe around with her at all times. The same could be done for Cornelius, except to avoid clutter we could just put him in Flame's squad. They'd never train together, just be forced to carry around a weapon all the time.

Alternatively, we could just take the spear and turn it into an upright spear in Cornelius' bedroom/office so he gets good thoughts for looking at it, as I think he won't get good thoughts for just carrying it around. Unfortunately Vlad will get bad thoughts if anyone lower ranked them him has rooms/offices/dining rooms/tombs better than his (thanks nobility) so if that happens we'd have to build something to raise the value of his respective room.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: May 08, 2014, 06:29:53 pm »

Knock down a wall and extend his room to put in statues.
JUST STATUES.
An artificial wall made of statues.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: May 08, 2014, 06:57:59 pm »

Hopefully we won't need to do anything, although I find paving over an engraved floor with gold helps.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: May 08, 2014, 07:00:14 pm »

We could always did out some Ironblood-quality rooms, offices, and bedrooms for the noble to keep that from becoming an issue.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: May 09, 2014, 08:22:14 am »

Well, once we get easy access to steel, we can turn all our silver into furniture for much happiness.

In any case, if Archmage is doing two forts at once, I can understand the turn taking longer than normal, but I'd still prefer that he post here just to keep everyone assured that he's not going to forget us, even if it's not with an update or anything.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 08:24:22 am by Deus Asmoth »

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: May 09, 2014, 11:25:03 am »

Well, once we get easy access to steel, we can turn all our silver into furniture for much happiness.

Silver hammers & Maces are worth it IMO.
... and also Vlad likes silver and hammers.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: May 09, 2014, 06:50:03 pm »

Huh. Well, our copper, tin and bismuth supplies will make good cabinets as well, I guess.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: May 09, 2014, 07:43:45 pm »

Corley's Journal
Captured
--
Earlier today, I let myself get "captured" by the bloodkin that patrol down in these caverns. I had known that they'd been watching me for quite a while now, though all of them seemed to be too frightened to confront me. I must be close to Asmoth and Shank now, seeing as they have finally come out to greet me. How long have I been down here? It must have been at least a year or so since I left Demongate; perhaps I don't have the sense of direction that I thought I do, that or my friends are actively moving about the continent. I'm used to the darkness anyway.

The patrols came to me and greeted me as their master. According to them, none of the leaders have been informed of my presence yet. Thus, I ordered them to "capture me" and take me "prisoner" before Shank. I'd like to preserve the element of surprise, considering I've been gone for all these years. I have so much to tell them.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: May 09, 2014, 07:53:01 pm »

FPS improving measures taken: Temperature turned off. Unless we get magma exposure within the fortress or beasts with firebreath, I will keep it off. Effectively doubled FPS so it is now playable.

Guild Journal by Helgarde, 5th Granite 659

Whist I was drinking, I noticed none of us actually have any jobs to do. As the miner’s guildmaster, I’m going to go and create some jobs.... who said guilds weren’t capable of doing that? We could use a few more water cisterns around here, just in case. We could also do we some more exploratory mining of the Adamantine. For now I’m having some hallways widened. None of the current ones deep down are up to safety, security, or efficiency specs, and I demand that we improve them!

Meanwhile, I see “Vladamir Uristovitch” is attending a one-dwarf party/rave/disco with heavy rock whilst the outpost liason waits to meet him. I’ll just let him rave.

I found an array of ballistae on the surface. They are well sealed off, though I would prefer if we used stone fortifications and had more than one row of them. Curious, as they are enemy archers could just shoot through them. Definitely more “security” needed around here.

Since we had a few unused bedrooms, I had them designated for the remaining homeless dwarves. Mostly children, but they will grow up to upstanding citizens sooner than later. I advised the mayor that we should be proactive.

The following message appeared in the public areas of Demongate on 5th Granite, 659

§Mayorial Ordinance: Minimum Hallway Specifications§
Effective 5th Granite 659§

Effective immediately, all hallways intended for normal traffic are to be at least 2 units wide. Penalties for failure to comply range from ☼50 fine to 30 days imprisonment for residential hallways. In the case of violations in large-scale public works such as long distance footpaths, tunnels, bridges, and overpasses penalties are increased to 90 days imprisonment.

Signed, Mayor Besmar Forbes
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 08:35:47 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: May 09, 2014, 08:56:14 pm »

Meanwhile, I see “Vladamir Uristovitch” is attending a one-dwarf party/rave/disco with heavy rock whilst the outpost liason waits to meet him.
Vlad continues to be the best dwarf I've ever had.

FPS was fine during my turn, although admittantly I was running the stable-temp tweak with dfhack and performing mass smashing to keep it that way. And the pumpstack didn't actually get set up until the 26th of Obsidian, so I never really had to run it during my turn...
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 08:57:46 pm by MDFification »

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: May 09, 2014, 09:01:34 pm »

Effective immediately, all hallways intended for normal traffic are to be at least 2 units wide. Penalties for failure to comply range from ☼50 fine to 30 days imprisonment for residential hallways. In the case of violations in large-scale public works such as long distance footpaths, tunnels, bridges, and overpasses penalties are increased to 90 days imprisonment.

TYRANT!

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: May 09, 2014, 09:06:14 pm »

TYRANT!
It's ok. Vlad dug most of those tunnels as exploration shafts, and he's above the law. Which is why he's partying alone.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 10:10:31 pm by MDFification »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 172