Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 672864 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate: There Are No Heroes
« Reply #1125 on: May 25, 2014, 09:02:09 am »

I always gen a large number of titans. It ensures that some of them survive when the world is old and increases the chances that one of them can melt people's faces with its gas.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: May 25, 2014, 10:38:18 am »

I finished formatting the demons, it didn't take as long as I thought. Also, I vote for letting the fort eventually fall to demons, as I'm going to make a race of demons out of these guys anyway and they might as well be included in Steelhold III.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 01:48:21 pm by TheFlame52 »

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: May 25, 2014, 10:50:53 am »

May I do the honors of causing a demony death?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: May 25, 2014, 11:52:21 am »

FLAME'S TOP SECRET DEMON FILE

DO NOT OPEN IF SANE, MORTAL, OR PREGNANT
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

OOC: I call killing the fort with demons. Not only is Flame the demon ambassador, but I am already coding the civilization of demons.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: May 25, 2014, 11:59:37 am »

FLAME'S TOP SECRET DEMON FILE

DO NOT OPEN IF SANE, MORTAL, OR PREGNANT
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

OOC: I call killing the fort with demons. Not only is Flame the demon ambassador, but I am already coding the civilization of demons.

Normally I go for generating 1000 demons and procedural creatures where the variety will actually mean something.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: May 25, 2014, 01:34:54 pm »

We're not going to intentionally kill this fort; it will kill itself in due time. That's what Dwarf Fortress is all about, and what makes it fun.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: May 25, 2014, 03:12:10 pm »

I'm still making the demon race, though. I'm about 1/3 of the way done and I'm going to use it as part of the Fire Imp Civilization+ mod anyway.

EDIT: If anyone needs to know the poison from a forgotten beast, then just ask me. I'll need the description of the beast. In-story, ask danmanthedog because he knows all about forgotten beasts.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 03:34:54 pm by TheFlame52 »

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: May 25, 2014, 03:47:00 pm »

I'm still making the demon race, though. I'm about 1/3 of the way done and I'm going to use it as part of the Fire Imp Civilization+ mod anyway.
I frankly do not see how your personal modding ventures have anything to do with this fortress or its end.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: May 25, 2014, 04:06:08 pm »

Ok, I won't talk about them on this thread anymore.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: May 25, 2014, 05:11:03 pm »

You can talk about them if you want, but people just might not want it as part of the story unless it's good. And Demongate isn't a sequel to Deathgate.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: May 25, 2014, 05:36:22 pm »

You know the knowing of the poisens would be a good story addition to my character so thanks Flame. ;)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: May 25, 2014, 06:39:31 pm »

You're welcome. [joking] Also, I vote we unleash the termite fiends on the elves' forests! [/joking]

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: May 25, 2014, 07:13:04 pm »

Killing the fort on purpose is explicitly against the rules. Try it and get your turn reverted.

That being said, I'll watch your mod with interest. Hope you have fun with it.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 07:17:59 pm by MDFification »

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: May 25, 2014, 09:03:44 pm »

Guildmaster’s Journal, 6th Malachite 659

Because we have a pumped magma network already operational, I wanted to see how we could bring it to the surface. It looks like the aquifer is in the loamy sand layer just above the stone.

Soil Layers:
1. Tan Sand
2. Yellow Sand
3. Fire Clay
4. Loamy Sand

There is an area of soil which is raised, which would be a useful defensive location. The soil here is two-levels higher, giving room to pump magma above the aquifer, if we carefully channel out the aquifer above the stone layer. We might be able to utilise the aquifer for power generation, too.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: May 25, 2014, 09:54:49 pm »

... I hope nobody minds if I write discussions between their characters and Vlad? Or just between characters? I'll try to not state anything of actual importance.

So. The fortress under civilian rule has been more... functional than I might otherwise have suspected.
I call it worrying. The mayor is clearly under someone's thumb. Or perhaps some thing.
Everythingk is progressingk smoothly. Ve continue to fight off sieges, but military resources are no longer required to deal vith civilian problems. The fortress and the colony are now two different thingks, yes?
There's still the matter of the beast. Why have you done nothing?
Vhat do you mean, the beast?
Another beast by the adamantine. We haven't received orders to engage it.
... no one told me. Vhy is this.
We only just heard about it from Thane. She just got back from pacifying the troglodyte population. She also wanted to see you, I presume.
... so if I haven't heard about it, then, it vasn't detected by the military. Vhich means the cavern watch has stopped reporting to me.
The civilian watches have always reported directly to the mayor. The mayor, until recently, has passed that on to the militia commander.
Vell, of course. The mayor is a soldier. The civilian networks are one of our resources. Are you sayingk the mayor is vithholdingk information from me?
That, or there's some organized group watching the caverns that doesn't report to the mayor. Seeing as Thane found out, they can't keep their mouths shut about what they find.
But who is organized enough to pull off something like that?
That we know of? The Miner's Guild or the medical clerics are the only ones who spring to mind, and I can't imagine the latter endangering the fortress. Besides, they don't go near the caverns with any frequency. So it's likely the miners, seeing as they're still operating down by the adamantine. On the other hand... Tarmid, I think it's time we told the good baron.
Tell me vhat?
There have been many cases of... groups interested in adamantine, and the curse it's associated with. Cults that operate in secret, beyond the law or civil society. Worshippers of demons, perhaps like the beasts that seem to be attracted here like flies to honey.
Cults that have, in the past, been associated with Bloodkin infiltration. I trust you see where we're going with this?
... damn. Ve have to go on a vitchhunt now, don't ve? I don't have time for that. I have a var vith the humans to plan. Turn the populace against us, and ve're likely to get strung up for that diplomat's... purgingk.
I think the knights are better suited to rooting out problems like this. Don't worry - we're capable of discretion. The fact that you don't hear about that only proves how well it works.
... I'll leave it to you then, yes? Best I don't get involved if this all goes bollocks up. I saw vhat happens vhen a mob forms at Savagewinds. In the meantime, ve should dispatch Dantheman and the archers to take care of the beast. Ask the masons and the miners to prepare some vay to engage the beast vithout baiting it toward our entrance. Keepingk some recruits - not people ve can't afford to loose in accident - on standby is also a good idea. Ve'll tip our hand, yes, but ve can't risk a beast unchecked.
Anything else?
Of course. Ve'll be vanting more interior gates and a central command room so that ve can seal off upper and lower caverns and the surface if ve loose either. Ve need to explore that... anomaly in the lower caverns discretely, and vithout further risks, before one of those thingks decides to see if beingk dead allows it to hold its breath longk enough to assault our fortress from below. Ve need to separate mixed weapon troops from hammerdwarves, appoint a champion vith the experience required to be actually useful trainingk troops, rearm the milita vith steel veapons and armor as much as possible before the humans show up, so on. But ve can't do everythingk at once, so I'll get Thane and the others on that. The two of you do vhat you have to do, and pass on the message to someone that I need that beast taken care of. I von't be the one to loose this fortress, yes?
Very well. This concludes our meeting. Armok preserve us.
Armok preserve us all. I'll see you at prayers.

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 172