Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 671106 times)

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate: Petitioning for Legalisation of Gypsum Continues.
« Reply #1365 on: June 11, 2014, 06:33:02 pm »

And then I walk in with a +Pine Bucket+ full of Brown Recluse Spider remains and pour it over Deus as a victory celebration.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: June 11, 2014, 06:40:25 pm »

Gnora's Journal
Personal Hygiene
--
Helgarde's stepped down, and someone else has taken the fort. I don't pay attention to that stuf anymore. I'm happy to just work all day and sleep all night; I study only when I have nothing to do. I dont even really bath all that oftun anymore. Yes, now that I think about it, I'm a mess. I'm covered in dirt, my clothes are taterd, and my hare is tanggled up. It doesn't really matter though, cause I don't reckon I'll be seeing anyone lately, though I think that the other farmers have taken notice.

I remember just the other day, we farmers was leaving for our meal when I past by the Padre. It was one of those rare occasions when he actually wasn't drunk. Anyway, he got in my way and had this look of pity on his face, but I could tell that it was fake, that he was just humoring himself. I think that he might could said something, but I wasn't listening. I just pushed on past him and went on my way.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: June 11, 2014, 08:12:36 pm »

I counter your rats by filling your pit with magma when they begin to breed. Your move.
Then I shall summon forth the powers of the fire snakes!

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: June 11, 2014, 09:03:54 pm »

The only winning move is not to play.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: June 11, 2014, 09:07:37 pm »

Funny, I just heard that song.
...ironically, in Dwarf Fortress, EVERY MOVE is a losing move. Just some make the loss much more fiery/wet/dead/pointy/etc.
Also my dwarf declared war on brown recluse spiders because HOLY CRUD THOSE THINGS ARE POISONOUS. Only the giant ones should actually hurt things, but still.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: June 12, 2014, 04:20:58 am »

I counter your rats by filling your pit with magma when they begin to breed. Your move.
Then I shall summon forth the powers of the fire snakes!
I dump a cistern of water on top of the magma.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: June 12, 2014, 11:14:28 am »

Overseer's Log

I've received some complaints from haulers about corpses falling into the water in the drop pit and becoming unreachable. I've ordered the water floored over. While I'm at it, I've also ordered the flooring over of the water in the main stairway and the pond inside the walls.

He'll be fine.

See?

I've ordered the war training of all available dogs in the fortress. The food stockpile is finished and people can start moving food there.

Fuck, nobody knows enough about this ghost to slab him.

And doublefuck, the farmer went insane. Luckily, he's a widower with no friends. He has a pet dog, which will be war trained after his inevitable death.

Everything is done being floored over. You can now walk anywhere in the courtyard and not be in danger of drowning!

Vlad mandates a war hammer. I order our worst war hammer melted and I forge a new one. I let Unib take control because I know jack shit about making weapons.

Everything is done being dumped. I order the lever pulled.

OHSHITTHEMASTERWORKBONEBOLTS

Nah, they're fine. It's fine.

I order all dogs, war dogs, and puppies to be pastured in one corner of the fort. I can't believe I've gotten all this stuff done and its only mid-Spring.

((OOC: Expect more updates in the future. I have more free time than I did previously.))

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: June 12, 2014, 11:56:49 am »

Vlad likes shields, hammers, silver (a very good material for the prior two, as shield material doesn't factor into anything except shield bashes) and sunshine. His mandates are the first I've had that are actually useful.
Also, hurrah for updates!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 01:45:40 pm by MDFification »

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: June 12, 2014, 04:57:34 pm »

I thought you couldn't make armour or shields out of silver?

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: June 12, 2014, 05:16:22 pm »

I thought you couldn't make armour or shields out of silver?
You can in masterwork and in strange moods... I say we force the blacksmith to have a strange mood.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: June 12, 2014, 05:48:24 pm »

I don't think there's any way to do that short of murdering everyone else in the fortress that hasn't had a mood already.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: June 12, 2014, 06:07:58 pm »

Silver is a weapons-grade metal. That means you can make armor, shields, and ammo out of it.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: June 12, 2014, 06:18:39 pm »

Silver is a weapons-grade metal. That means you can make armor, shields, and ammo out of it.
Weapons-grade only means you can make weapons and ammo out of it. It's not possible to make armor out of silver with out modding or mooding.
くコ:彡

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: June 13, 2014, 07:33:19 am »

Weapons-grade only means you can make weapons and ammo out of it. It's not possible to make armor out of silver with out modding or mooding.
*Opens up DF* *Checks to make sure* Well, you're right. I guess I learned something new today.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: June 13, 2014, 07:57:46 am »

Overseer's Log

I found a yak starving in the lower levels, so I had it butchered. I also ordered the dumping of some tattered clothing.

Today I found a dwarf eating a sun berry. Not a sun berry roast, just a sun berry. DO WE NOT HAVE OVER FIVE THOUSAND PREPARED MEALS??

Several levels are to be smoothed completely. SMOOTHING FOR THE SMOOTHNESS GOD!

I surveyed the happiness of everyone. The only people who are unhappy are the farmer who went crazy and... Vlad. This is bad. He said he didn't like how fancy Helgarde's office was. So I downsized Helgarde's office until Vlad's was better. And while I was down there I designated the mining of more adamantine. What's that look for? I guarantee it's all safe.

((OOC: Do you want me to mark on the map where the bottom of the safe adamantine is? My character has knowledge of hell. Also, Danman, Flame would like to propose an alliance.))
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 172