Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 665355 times)

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate: Petitioning for Legalisation of Gypsum Continues.
« Reply #1455 on: June 17, 2014, 01:36:15 pm »

Just chuck in a few iron statues or something.
Statues solve every problem.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: June 17, 2014, 02:16:58 pm »

EDIT: OP up to date, although it's probably my last one. Exams have started up.
Do well.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: June 17, 2014, 05:43:26 pm »

ty Rhaken!

Stealing Vlad's windows might not be a good idea morale-wise. He gets 'utterly traumatized' when underlings get shinier digs than him. Pretty tacky eh?

There's an easy solution to that. Just shrink Tarmid's office designation. It should free up the leftmost column so you can put the gem windows there without inflating the value of the office. To compensate, throw some gem windows made with actual precious stones in Vlad's office. Problem solved.
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: June 18, 2014, 12:58:53 am »

I see Artyom as the kind of guy who hangs around the place, not really making a fuss and at least being on good terms with everyone before going off to get the job in front of him done... regardless of if that job is to mine out a new living area or if its to jam a mining pick into somethings skull.
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: June 19, 2014, 04:38:47 pm »

Overseer's Log

Since it looks like there is nobody in the first cavern, I lock the door again. I also order the melting of all the sub-par discs I've made.

I ordered some iron and steel from the liaison. He told us some stuff he wanted and left. We don't really need to trade with anyone, anymore.

We're pretty self-sufficient. I forbid the soap so the crippled brewer would stop trying to clean himself with it and take a normal bath. I also ordered some still made of soap to be deconstructed. That soap could be put to good use.

Part of the stream froze, so it is slowly draining out to the north. However, we can only get that merchant's body if the river freezes. Don't ask. Also we are a duchy now.

Those dwarves that are rotting are looking pretty faint. I think they might die of infection in a few weeks.

An the stream freezes! I tell the miners to dig out where the merchant's body is so we can bury him. However, for some strange reason, nobody will dig down through the ice. They won't build a staircase. They won't channel. They won't dig out a staircase. For fuck's sake people!

A wild horse wandered onto our traps. That reminds me to replace them. I have the first 4 traps deconstructed so they can be replaced.

After I forbid all the soap in the fort, the crippled brewer finally cleaned himself with no soap. I unforbid it and now he can brew drinks. Also we have a lot of milk and lye. Let there be soap and cheese!

It seems the child and the siege operator are still fine, however.

It is done. There are now four new traps, each filled with five of my best serrated discs. I hope to replace more in the future. I also designated a stockpile for mechanisms in a relatively unused room. In the process I removed mechanisms from the general furniture stockpile.

Unib is now a legendary weaponsmith. Cool.

Now that Vlad is a duke, he needs more furniture. I order him some made out of silver. Everyone loves silver.

I figured out why I couldn't dig out the ice. It was under a bridge. So I had the miners dig from another place over to the merchant's corpse.

But before the minder can dig all the way over there, the ice melts! The miner makes it out alive, but we'll have to wait another year to take care of that ghost.

I order the new furniture built in Vlad's office. I also noticed we don't really need many glass or clay products, so I order one magma kiln replaced with a magma glass furnace and all the magma glass furnaces replaced with magma smelters. The smelters are told to melt stuff and make steel and adamantine.

Three kobold thieves are discovered in rapid succession in the barracks. One of the is torn apart by a swordsmaster, one by a bunch of dwarves, and one by Sir Brenzen.

THEN A FUCKING ROC COMES, GREAT. Can't this wait another week when I'm not overseer? I order the military to go and kill it. It's no contest. The thing falls uner a hail of bolts and the entire military hacks away at its unconscious body until it dies. The final blow is landed by Sibrek the drug dealer.

Come on, again, really? We tried to get yoru corpse, give us a break. Look, I'll put a note on your body so we can dig it out next winter.

Then a snatcher is discovered out by where the roc's corpse was. It is filled with bolts from all the crossbwodwarves just randomly hanging

around. Meanwhile, goblins ambush the dwarven caravan which is still packing up. They are torn apart by the caravan guards. Then the fleeing merchants are ambushed by yet more goblins. The goblins are all killed, but a merchant is severely wounded. I order the corpses dumped and weapons melted, but there are at least a couple more ambushes left.

Lolor the craftsdwarf gets a secretive mood. He is already a legendary bone carver. But oh, no, he's not making his ultimate masterpiece out of horse bone. I forbid all the bone in the fort except for a special pile.

The stream unfreezes all the way and begins to refill. I also noticed that the military is unhappy because they saw all the miltary members die right in front of them.

It's spring now. Good luck, next overseer!

((OOC: Something funny I noticed. Of the six rotting dwarves, all of them have red disease resistance. They are probably the only dwarves

afflicted because everyone else resisted it. And Rhaken, Gnora doesn't have an office, so I'll just stick it in a room in that area. Also I accidentally played for 4 extra days because of all the stuff that was happening.))

To Do
 - Finish replacing all the traps
 - Melt everything
 - Make some adamantine gear
 - Keep making more steel
 - Dig the merchant's corpse out of the river
 - Get ready for some more ambushes
 - Wait for the dwarven caravan to pack up
 - Get some more stone, we don't have any mechanism-safe stone

Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8676

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: June 19, 2014, 04:45:24 pm »

Alright, let me finish up at Slingsold (my current fort) and I'll get right on it.
There's a time for spiders and a time for building walls out of clay bricks.
THIS IS CLAY BRICK TIME.
But only for a few minutes.
Protip: Put people with useless jobs at less-useless jobs to make them useful. It's a slow process, but it happens over time.
EDIT: I don't know where anything is or what anything does.
I did manage to find myself, thankfully. Seriously, this place makes Boatmurdered look like the house of a perfectly organized person who also bleeds and vomits a lot, and is also a mass murderer. Aka: It makes Boatmurdered look well-planned.
I'm trying to find most things.
EDIT2: There's a ghostly axedwarf in the food stockpile. Am I the first to notice or the first to care?

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: June 19, 2014, 05:32:08 pm »

EDIT2: There's a ghostly axedwarf in the food stockpile. Am I the first to notice or the first to care?
He's been there for a while, I believe. The dwarves are probably quite used to him by now, and I imagine they strike up friendly conversation as they pass.

Also, Gnora is now a legendary grower. Chew on that, Vlad!

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: June 19, 2014, 05:38:09 pm »

...this place is a mess.
It seems the engravers were free enough to engrave my room, although the miners are lazy and not expanding it one bit. I want one wall knocked down to make room for statues.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: June 19, 2014, 05:51:07 pm »

I think I'm among the few overseers in both Steelhold and Demongate who didn't take another room, or put statues in their bedroom, or make themselves a tomb.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: June 19, 2014, 05:53:28 pm »

Well, I've only had two turns as an overseer and one of them was my own fort.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: June 19, 2014, 05:54:56 pm »

I've only had two turns as overseer and in yours I did so and I plan to at least make my room neat in this fort.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: June 19, 2014, 06:09:37 pm »

Duke Vlad's quaking in his looted boots of indescribable beauty and utility, in the office he stole from her.

EDIT: I think only 2 overseers have made themselves tombs in Demongate, and to be fair I was forced to by noble requirements. Steelhold, though... we prepared for death in Steelhold. Possibly due to excessive overseer murder. Not going to name names. We all sullied ourselves.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 06:21:27 pm by MDFification »

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: June 19, 2014, 06:53:09 pm »

I think the table in Vlad's office is still technically designated as a dining room for Gnora, not our duke. Vlad is eating a few rooms away. This really needs to get fixed. Also, mass-production has reached a grinding halt; there is no excuse to not have endless drinks, meals, and glass/ceramic goods.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: June 19, 2014, 07:46:41 pm »

Duke Vlad's quaking in his looted boots of indescribable beauty and utility, in the office he stole from her.

EDIT: I think only 2 overseers have made themselves tombs in Demongate, and to be fair I was forced to by noble requirements. Steelhold, though... we prepared for death in Steelhold. Possibly due to excessive overseer murder. Not going to name names. We all sullied ourselves.
Well, I for one didn't kill a single ex overseer in my turn. Dozens of regular people, sure. But no one important.

In any case, Fallen, if you're planning on making yourself a better room, don't make it too fancy. We're trying to avoid driving our nobility insane.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 172