Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 665363 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate: Main Character Deaths Make Good Storylines!
« Reply #1665 on: July 19, 2014, 10:46:18 am »

I spent my entire year making clothes! I had to lock Vlad in a room filled with clothes just to get him to put some on! Clearly, they just want to live in a nudist utopia.

Sidenote: Even if you make a civilisation that can't make any clothes whatsoever, the members of that civ will get an unhappy thought from not wearing clothes.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: July 19, 2014, 11:08:54 am »

I BUILT A SPIDER.
I built a second spider for research and im am in mid of summer.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: July 19, 2014, 12:31:22 pm »

Oh, and requesting turn.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: July 19, 2014, 03:07:27 pm »

Someone ought to update the list of posts. Currently we have three of them, and they are all out of date.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: July 19, 2014, 05:58:37 pm »

Someone ought to update the list of posts. Currently we have three of them, and they are all out of date.
The story post compilations?  Yeah, sorry about that...

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: July 19, 2014, 08:36:34 pm »

Deus, update the post so it doesn't say it's still my turn.
That spider-infested ship has crashed in the middle of the fortress.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: July 19, 2014, 08:56:05 pm »

Yeah, the story post kind of got out of hand again. I've been in work nearly twelve hours a day for the past couple of months, so it's been hard to concentrate in the evenings. I think I'll also blame the cavern massacre on it, because why not? In any case, I'll be back on humane working hours this Tuesday onwards, so the post should be up to date by the end of the week (hopefully by the end of Tuesday). Mask has been added and Dan's turn is on the record.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: July 19, 2014, 09:53:12 pm »

"Doop a Doop a Doop! CARRYING A ROTTEN CORPSE REALLY SUCKS ELF TWIG, BUT I GOT TO DO IT BECAUSE ITS MY JOB!!" Hmm it's already been 2 weeks since the last overseer retired, wonder who take over and become the newest madman?
"OIII, You hauler!"
Arh what now. "Yes sir?"
"Guess what dungstick you 'er the new overseer since you have the next overseers body. SO HAPPY DAY FOR YOU!"
"SHIIIIIITcycle."

Week later.

WELL FUCK! ARH what do I do now I'm stuck in this job soon to be crazy? "Stop your complaining and use your new set of power for your own self"
*EXHALEEEE* "Now I'm already crazy so I'm hearing voices... that was really fast. NOOO YOU IDIOT IT MEAN THE GOD DAMM GEM.
*Pulls out the soul gem* ".......Huh so what are you my broken psyche, or my deep dark desires." NOO YOU"ER NOT CRAZY, I'm that dead guys mind trap in this gem and now I need your help with freeing my self. SO shut the fuck up and start listening to my advice unless you want to end up dead with everybody else OKAY?!
".....MEH why not better then being a hauler. "Okay hears the first thing you have to do."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: July 19, 2014, 10:58:28 pm »

A long turn shouldn't be a problem. Hope everything turns out ok.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: July 19, 2014, 11:14:56 pm »

A long turn shouldn't be a problem. Hope everything turns out ok.
Okay thank you, also I dwarf Zaerosz as a bow using dwarf... NO IF ANDS OR BUTS ABOUT IT MISTER

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: July 20, 2014, 12:38:11 am »

Much had changed in a matter of weeks.

The death of Talonis by his own hand had been something of a personal conflict for Artyom. He didn't regret the act in and of itself since he was well within his jurisdiction since Talonis had not only escaped from prison but also violently resisted arrest when confronted. As far as the law was concerned he was in the clear. However, Talonis's failing had been his belief that his actions would never have consequences... something that Artyom decided not to repeat.

Knocking on Vlad's door, Artyom respectfully stepped into the room with his head bowed to the floor out of respect for Vlad's status (Also encase Vlad had decided to forgo pants once again, but mostly it was about respect). "Sorry to bother you Vlad, but I wished to formally apologize for how the situation with Talonis ended. I know that he were hoping that he could be redeemed and my actions ensured that such a thing would no longer be possible. I take full responsibility for the fact that he escaped in the first place due to a gap in my vigilance and I will accept whatever punishment you deem fit."
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: July 20, 2014, 02:30:26 am »

Letter from Torvald to his Father
Letter to Father #2
--
Dear Father,

Talonis Wolf, the former captain of the guard, is now dead. Apparently he went mad and started murdering the other members of the fort, and the fist of justice closed on him so quickly. I actually testified in his trial. He got quite the sentence, but that wasn’t the end of him. After escaping from prison, the new captain of the guard killed him in a fight. It is clear to me that Demongate operates under a sort of “eye for eye” system, but I don’t think that I’ll have any trouble with the law yet. I hope that you are doing well in your work and that I will be able to reach my own goals within this fort.

Sincerely yours,
Torvald

Letter from Torvald to his Father
Letter to Father #3
--
Dear Father,

Thane is no longer the overseer of the fortress; she’s had enough of that. For a little while we had no real overseer, then some hauler declared himself our new leader. Something seems off about him, but so far he seems harmless enough. I’ll write more if he does anything stupid.

Sincerely yours,
Torvald

P.S. There are some new traps and statues placed in the deep, deep sections of the fort which are arranged quite tastefully. I do wish that you were here to see them.

And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: July 20, 2014, 09:30:48 am »

Thane's quill scratched across the surface of a fragment of paper. She had been familiar with reading and writing for most of her life, at least in theory. She'd never really needed it much in her daily life before coming to Demongate, only to check the numbers on a form against how much ore they'd received or how many weapons they'd sold. Letters hadn't played a big part in her life until recently, so it took her nearly half an hour to write out the short message in a way she was satisfied with.

To my successor,
I am sure that you know of the building of dark stone in the lowest caves. Some have declared it a gift from Armok where we can shelter if the rest of Demongate falls. I can only tell you that it is more dangerous than it appears, for to know the truth is to be tempted by their promises. All that I can ask of you is to leave the statues in the building undisturbed. I have left a record of the path of spears in the office as well. Finishing it will hopefully not be necessary, but most of the traps still need to be linked up to the lever in the duke's office.

I wish you good luck in charge of the fortress.

Thane.

She didn't bother putting the letter in an envelope. It was a waste of paper, and anyone who was going to break into the overseer's office wouldn't be deterred by something as small as that. From there it was a short walk to the dining room. She had a speech planned out in her head, but it suddenly seemed like a waste of time.
"Citizens of Demongate," Thane said loudly. "I quit."

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: July 20, 2014, 12:18:33 pm »

"Okay so I changed my clothes and stopped hauling crap, so what is the next thing I do?"
"Since your a lonely hauler you were not told about the demons and the sword, but if we learn from the undead guardins we maybe be able to win the battle."
"DEMONS, UNDEAD GUARDIANS, AND SWORDS OH MY!.... So how do you suggest we learn from these undead mister orb of power?
Simple you must build a lab to experiment on both the guardians and our enemy.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Month later

"Hurry up and put the rest of the saw blades in the limb remover pit... and have we gotten any new cavern pets from the traps?"

"Overseer I have a question, why are we building this area I mean why do we need to learn about the goblins or undead?"

"Simple little fool it's because if we learn what makes them tick we also lean how to crush their heads and hearts easily but for now just finish the pit and leave me alone in my office." *Everybody leaves and pulls out the gem.* "So the lab has been built and the test subjects have been placed, but I have no idea to experiment on the prisoner." 

"No crap you know nothing and that's how I want it to stay but if we could find some dwarf by the name of The Flame then he/she could help us, So find me a SIR WE HAVE A PROBLEM!

*Shoves gem into pocket* "WHAT didn't I say not to bother me?" "Yes you said but it's one of the hauler hes been possessed and is freaking out and also we have no meat for the vermin traps.." "So what do want me to do about it just let it run it's course, Also kill some Armok damn kittens and puppies you idiot!! ! *THROWS STOOL* "HOLY CRAP!" *Leaves*

*Whew* That was close we really need to build some doors like silver and bronze doors, but in all serious find a god damm vermine so I can send a message okay crap sack?"

"Yeah yeah I got it but I do hope that possessed makes some at least good. So is there any body else that can help with experiments?"

"Well there is one other dwarf who I both hate and trust his name is, Fallenangel who burns spiders."

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 172