Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 673614 times)

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate: Main Character Deaths Make Good Storylines!
« Reply #1695 on: July 21, 2014, 02:14:56 pm »

I'm guessing that there's someone manipulating our notables into killing each other. If Thane punches someone to death for no reason, I think we'll know something's up.
No I committed Artyon to jail for killing the trapper randomly but after he was chain up thane came in and start his 50 beating from a bronze hammer.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: July 21, 2014, 02:24:25 pm »

Was Artyom tantruming at the time, then?

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: July 21, 2014, 02:53:03 pm »

Was Artyom tantruming at the time, then?
Nope he was happy, all the game said was "trapper was found dead" zoomed to him and found him in the barracks food storage dead.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: July 21, 2014, 03:04:13 pm »

Lock FallenAngel III in the spider I built, forbid all passage in an out after he's in, and unforbid the emergency backup supplies connected to it.
Also, once he's there, assign all farming labors just in case.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: July 21, 2014, 03:06:45 pm »

Shouldn't the captain of the guard be immune to jail sentences anyway? There wasn't even anyone in a squad with him, so no one should have been able to chain him.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: July 21, 2014, 03:56:31 pm »

Shouldn't the captain of the guard be immune to jail sentences anyway? There wasn't even anyone in a squad with him, so no one should have been able to chain him.
Well I don't know all I know is Artyon killed the trapper, I convicted him, Thane gave him 50 beatings then he died.

PS. He was not wearing none of his uniform.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: July 21, 2014, 04:12:43 pm »

From the engravings of FallenAngel III, Legendary+1 Bodysurfer

Artyon is dead. I didn't know him too well, but I heard he was an OK guy. Asking around, it was Thane who killed him. It seems everyone whose spirit is too strong to exile is starting to go slightly nuts...
I'm afraid I'll have to lock myself in Spiderfort to protect myself and others. Unlike normal people, who have one shot at doing amazing things, I could completely destroy the fortress by taking over a soldier and going nuts.
I hope I do not have to do this. I have put a note, written on paper I stole from Thane, on one of the tables in that hauler's room asking to be locked within there, with access to the hidden food.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: July 21, 2014, 08:45:16 pm »

Just to be sure, are we sure it was Artyom who is dead? Because the log you posted listed his name as Barkhov when his name is Barkov. Not a big difference I know, but older recordings of his name have it right.
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: July 21, 2014, 09:20:59 pm »

Just to be sure, are we sure it was Artyom who is dead? Because the log you posted listed his name as Barkhov when his name is Barkov. Not a big difference I know, but older recordings of his name have it right.
That's his job title, in combat it says job title not names because of room.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: July 21, 2014, 10:12:08 pm »

Oh...

Maybe the position of Guard Captain is cursed. Those who take it randomly murder someone before being randomly murdered themselves?
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: July 22, 2014, 04:50:11 am »

My guess would be that there was a production order violation and Artyom had to beat up the violator, but his beating job ended before the victim died, making it illegal. Or something.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: July 22, 2014, 01:38:32 pm »

I preferred my version of events. It would suit the Fortress well to have a position that is cursed so that the person in it starts murdering dwarfs before being killed themselves.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: July 22, 2014, 02:34:00 pm »

So, instead of a captain of the guard, we have a DADA professor?

In any case, the first post has been updated with the necessary amount of links and bad jokes.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: July 22, 2014, 02:58:10 pm »

I like the jokes.
The ones you used for my turn were quite fitting.

How is Vlad doing? I hope his arrangements are sufficient, since I helped keep him not insane.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: July 22, 2014, 06:05:53 pm »

*Knock Knock*

"Come in. *Enters the Broker*Ah welcome Tun what may be the promble?"

"Sir the elves have arrived so what should we trade from them?

"UMMM trade some animals and sun berries, but only trade them our old dingy clothes. Okay?"

"Okay sir, but I have one question sir? "What is it Tun?"Um whats with the chained up undead frog person and chained up goblins that are being held over those pits?"

"The undead is my test subject and the goblins, they are going to be drop on to weapon traps. Want to watch?"

"Um no thank you, I got to get to the elves but maybe later." *Leaves* "Man that dwarf is mad." *Sudden horrible screams and blood cuddling saw noises!"

4 Weeks later.

"LET"S THROW SOME GOBLINS INTO A PIT TO DIE!!!! YEAH LETS THROW THEM DOWN TO BE SLICED UP AND CHOPPED UP TO LITTLE PIECES!!" "WILL YOU STOP YOUR SINGING!! DEAR ARMOK YOU ARE SUCH A BAD SINGER!!" I'm just lighting the process up a bit. *Kicks goblin in pit*

"ARHHHHHHH!"

*Dwarf barges in* "SIR WE ARE IN DEEP SHIT."

"What now you annoying FOOL!" *Picks up stool and readies to be thrown*

"GOBLINS WERE FOUND AT THE SPIDER FORT BUT THE WORST IS THE DRAGON ON THE HORIZON THAT WILL BE HERE IN A DAY, SO WHAT DO WE DO?"

"CALM YOURSELF YOU FOOL! *Slaps the dwarf with the stool* Order the troops to block the way in for the goblins and when the dragon shows up order every one underground and lets hope it gets trapped in the cages."

"Yes sir!" "OH DEAR ARMOK SOME ONE END MY PAIN!"

"NOW GET OUT OF MY OFFICE! *Throws the stool down the pit*

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 172