Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 671430 times)

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate: Legs are for Cowards.
« Reply #1800 on: August 05, 2014, 02:26:19 pm »

I'm still alive just with out wifi. So woot I am alive in the fort. You should use the back up entice with the trade deport but just flood the trap path way and also make it drain in the caverns

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: August 05, 2014, 04:21:08 pm »

"I believe we're going to have to get the overseer to draft some new recruits for us," Brenzen was saying. "Our recent losses simply aren't sustainable, and the fact that goblins can do such havoc in our borders makes me worried about what a more competent foe could do."
"Are you ok, Thane?" Tarmid broke in. "We'd understand if you need to take some time to yourself."
"I'm fine," she answered. Her voice was perfectly level, apparently indifferent, and she was nearly certain that no one could see her hands shaking below the meeting table.
"All right," the librarian said, sounding worried. "There is the matter of... well, of succession. It would make people feel better if we had a noble in sight, but-"
"We have the gods damned
queen here," growled Thane. "People can kiss her boots if they feel the urge. Are we done here?"

She waited until the others had gone before struggling to her feet. If she didn't, someone would probably offer help, and that was more than Thane could take at the moment. There was a
thunk with each step as she laboured her way down the hall. Occasionally, someone would offer a greeting, or some empty condolences. They all eventually gave up when they realised that the weaponsmith wasn't in the mood for meaningless small talk. Thane wasn't entirely sure how long it took her to reach the tomb. It felt like an eternity, stone walls stretching out ahead of her to the end of the world, the only way to measure time each thunk of padded wood on rock. The coffin was icy cold to the touch, but the pain faded after a few moments. Her head bowed, she stood for a moment. The crutch slipped from her grasp as she collapsed to the floor and screamed.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: August 05, 2014, 04:44:57 pm »

The queen actually never came. We're definitely the Mountainhome, as is stated in the status screen, and the civilization screen indicates that she does indeed exist. Honestly, I don't really blame her for not wanting to come to Demongate.

EDIT: Also, Lokast is dead too.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: August 05, 2014, 04:45:59 pm »

Hrm. Maybe there's a tree where she's trying to enter the map?

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: August 05, 2014, 04:47:24 pm »

Hrm. Maybe there's a tree where she's trying to enter the map?
I'll designate all border-dwelling trees to be chopped. Unfortunately, most of the population is looting the bodies of the fallen, likely in honor of the fallen duke.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: August 05, 2014, 06:25:20 pm »

Damm queen

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: August 05, 2014, 07:08:34 pm »

Gnorm Overseer Kill Count: 6
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: August 05, 2014, 07:11:19 pm »

Gnorm Overseer Kill Count: 6
Jackal, Modi, Lenehan, Emdief Twiceborn, Rhaken, and Vlad.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: August 05, 2014, 08:31:03 pm »

Part VIII: All Quiet

Little fag got away.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: August 05, 2014, 09:51:19 pm »

Umm what the fuck was with that elf?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: August 06, 2014, 07:33:08 am »

Werebeast that transformed back to elf form before he was revealed.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: August 06, 2014, 08:02:50 am »

RIP Vlad, may he stab elf ghosts in Dorfhalla.
Also, check the list of citizens, FallenAngel III may be there.
If not, redwarf me as FallenAngel IV as some random non-soldier male.
Oh, and one more thing...
You do realize there's a drawbridge in the spider fort that blocks off the external entrance, right? You should keep that closed at all times.
AT ALL TIMES.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: August 06, 2014, 10:29:11 am »

After the troll fiasco, I've straight up sealed off entrance to the main fort through the spider bunker. There isn't any reason that I can conceive for us to have more entrances to the fort than we need.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: August 06, 2014, 01:12:08 pm »

Part IX: The Father (End of Obsidian, First Scene)

Corley took his seat in the small conference room. It certainly wasn't the most well-designed room, as it was hastily added on to Castle Helgarde during the last year. In order to keep the Evening Prayer Group from noticing this development, it was actually built beneath the ruins, sealed of by a locked hatchway and a steel door. Corley pulled the lever beside him, sealing himself in along with the only other being in the room: a visiting thaumateurge.

The surrounding him were five stone slabs, and to the casual observer the purpose of these constructions would be a complete mystery. But at a signal from his master, the thaumateurge began making arcane motions with his hands, channeling his energies into the slabs. The stones began to glow slightly, indicating to Corley that the conference was to begin.

"Good evening. How are things with everyone?" he began.

"I trust that you did not arrange all of this simply to exchange pleasantries, Father," responded a voice from one of the slabs. The voice was strong and articulate, and it had the dialect of the humans of The Union of Delighting.

"Why exactly have you made contact with us?" asked another voice, this one female. "This entire set-up seems off, and I most certainly do not like having this bloodkin around; I've noticed some missing livestock."

"Pilat, you are quite correct in your assumption," said Corley. "If you desire, we can get right to things. I have a group of followers to my name at the moment, though their numbers are depleting and I require more funding and assistance."

"Are we to understand that you work independently from the bloodkin armies that have reduced the southern lands to wasteland?" questioned a third voice. It was stern, militaristic, and quite inquisitive, betraying noticeable distrust in the speaker.

"I have long since cut my ties with those forces, Gulo."

"You are no doubt aware, Father, that your very being is associated with betrayal and deceit in our culture," noted a fourth voice, one clearly belonging to a female dwarf of The First Iron.

"How can you expect us to willing to aid you when so much destruction has come from you?" asked Pilat.

"I have grown to hate my old destructive nature," said Corley. "Looking back on my previous actions, I realize that I have not truly gained anything from leading my armies to destroy the Old World. Neither do I take pride in my former actions, nor do I approve of what has happened in the south. All I ask now is that you find it in you to give me your support and assistance in my search."

"And what, exactly, is this search of yours?"

"A search for the remains of the spimmators that once roamed this continent," answered Corley.

The room fell silent for a moment as the other members of the conference contemplated the meaning of this search. Afterwards, it was Gulo that chose to break the silence.

"Why would you want to do something like that!"

Corley grinned in amusement, and said to the slabs around him: "To achieve godhood."

"Such a thing is impossible!" cried the female human voice.

"And why what would we have to gain from granting you godhood!" demanded Pilat.

"It's simple," began Corley, "I will share it with any one of you that chooses to help. You see, buried within the Dwarven fortress Demongate is an ancient site known as Sedilkosoth. Here, a ritual is said to be performable to make a mortal into a god, but it requires the remains of seven spimmators. Five of these are in the possession of my forces, and I need funding and assistance to quickly locate the final two.

"In addition, the fortress is partially controlled by demons from Hell. It may, therefore, take a while before the dwarves attempt to conquer it. But when they do, we must be ready to take the fortress by force."

"How are you so sure that the dwarves will seek to conquer this site?" inquired the Dwarven voice.

"It's the nature of the dwarves to explore and to conquer," noted Corley. "All we must do is bide our time."

"What is to happen to the civilians of Demongate when the time for apotheosis comes?"

"Sacrifices must be made."

"This is all quite bizarre! Where exactly are you Corley!" demanded Gulo.

"My location is irrelevant at the moment. Right now, all you need to think about is the potential of our alliance. This conference is adjourned! We will reconvene in one week's time, and you may give your formal answer to my offer of godhood. Pilat, Nathob, Gulo, Josef, and Datan, I thank you for your time. Have a happy new year!"

The slabs ceased to glow, and Corley got up from his chair. The sooner Sedilkosoth was in his hands, the better; Corley had no qualms about lying.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: August 06, 2014, 03:43:13 pm »

Part X: Introspection (End of Obsidian, Second Scene)

It's late, and the committee will call me for our final meeting of this year. Such a long year it's been, I'll be glad to leave the fort in the hands of another. I wonder who will be next. I might be able to get a little rest in before the meeting; a nice warm bed is just what I need at a time like this.

This entire time has gone by with little trouble. I wonder what he's up to right now. We've been biding our time for so long, but I suppose we must wait if we want our plans to succeed.

But I don't want to wait! He has lived for so long but I have only so many years. How much longer will this go on. Will it even work? It must; mustn't lose hope in the mission.

This bed is nice and warm. So tired after a long day's work. So tired after a long year's work. Getting tired of waiting. But I can't give up now; can't give up hope in the mission at hand.

What's this feeling? My mind feels . . . fluid, as if it's being pulled or groped. It feels as if someone else is here. I feel a strange, dreamlike fatigue. I wish to go to sleep and to dream.

"Who are you?"

Well, that's an odd question. I could ask the same thing of you.

"Who are you?"

You first.

"Who are you?"

Answer me, damn you!

"Who are you!"

I am Torvald, the overseer of this fortress, and the leader of DWEORH.

"Is that your real name?"

No. It isn't. It's a lie, just as many things are.

"Why have you lied about your identity?"

Because I needed to get into the fortress. I needed a new name and a new identity. I thought that if I put on the act of a rube and changed my name and told people I had family here that I could blend in more easily.

"Did you succeed?"

I don't really know. I think so! Nobody's confronted me or asked me anything about it, so I just assumed that they believed me. I can't imagine them letting me control the fortress if they knew the whole story. Nobody's going to research a rube.

But the committee doesn't like me too much. Vlad hated me. Tarmid was suspicious of me. The commander hardly said a word to me. Thane probably hates everyone right now. But did they know?

But what was there to know, really.

"What was there to know?"

That I'm a liar.

"What else!"

That I have been in contact with The Father of the bloodkin. Aiding in his work to help achieve mine.

"Did you ever fear the potential ramifications of work with such a being?"

No. I never suspected him of treason, ever. I found him charismatic, determined, and creative. In actuality, I was drawn to him. Only now do I feel the presence of doubt, and it is fear that his plans will be realized well after I am in prime condition to take advantage of the results.

"When did you meet The Father?"

A few years back, I think.

"Under what circumstances?"

I just happened to pass him by.

"Just happened to pass him by?"

Yes. I just happened to meet him and he wanted to recruit me as an ally. I had my own goals, he had his, and we could work together to achieve them. That's why I began DWEORH. It started as a little club, back at my old fortress. Now I'm working from a headquarters in Demongate.

"What were you doing before you met The Father?"

I . . . I can't recall. I never truly thought about it. Now that I think about it, I don't have a family to speak of, nor a birthplace that I can remember. Where was I born? Who raised me? Who am I?

"Who are you?"

I don't know who I am. I only know my name and my goal.

"Who are you?"

I don't think I'm anyone! I'm no-one!

Who are you?

"We are the many that is one. We are the one that is many. We are the being that has formed in this fortress called Demongate. Forgotten. We have been rid of our mortal forms but, by certain circumstance, have been caught between your world and what should be ours. We seek that which the mortals hide, those secrets that they keep bottled up within themselves. That's why we sought you out, so that we could know, even if no-one else does.

"This session is over. Your world beckons you. Farewell."

Thanatos slammed his fist several times on the door to Torvald's bedroom before forcing it open.

"It is time for your meeting with the Evening Prayer Group," he said.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 172