Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Diplomacy Simulator 2014 (In development)  (Read 21732 times)

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
Re: Diplomacy Simulator 2014 (In development)
« Reply #165 on: March 31, 2014, 08:05:49 pm »

I decided to try and make a logo when I first read this thread. I forgot about it, and I'm only now just remembering to share it.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

blazing glory

« Reply #166 on: March 31, 2014, 08:26:30 pm »

I decided to try and make a logo when I first read this thread. I forgot about it, and I'm only now just remembering to share it.

Pretty good.

The wineglass interface is as laggy as heck.
I can certainly imagine that (I have a pretty nice computer, so I often don't notice things like that). I generate the images on the fly, which can be pretty slow. I guess I could just generate at the beginning and reuse - the ever-present balance between memory and CPU.

The in-game instructions still say to use the arrow keys to move in cocktail mode.
Oops, yeah. That should be an easy fix.

What should I be focusing on implementing next? I feel somewhat directionless.

I tried it out.I think you should make some food and wine for dinner mode,after that start focusing on the (party mode? meeting mode?) so probably you should look around for something better then cubes and grassy plain for it.

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #167 on: April 01, 2014, 09:30:00 pm »

Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)

I like it a lot. The other option, currently implemented is this:
Nuke 2: Nuke Harder.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
While I like the newer option more, I'll leave it as is if people want.

I tried it out.I think you should make some food and wine for dinner mode,after that start focusing on the (party mode? meeting mode?) so probably you should look around for something better then cubes and grassy plain for it.
I'm a programmer, not a modeler. While I do agree with you, and models for food and drink would be useful from anyone who can model, I can't really get better assets on my own. (If you can find any royalty-free assets somewhere, don't hesitate to link them)
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games

blazing glory

« Reply #168 on: April 01, 2014, 09:40:42 pm »

I'll let you know if I see anything,or maybe make a stupid attempt to make some by myself using ms paint for no good reason.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #169 on: April 02, 2014, 02:24:05 am »

Coolio's is nicer. Mine was mostly a placeholder that didn't look too nice; this one actually looks good.

Is there any particular format the models, etc. need to be in? I may try my hand at some of the simpler stuff, although I can't swear to the quality of my products.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #170 on: April 07, 2014, 03:31:47 pm »

Unfortunately (well, not really), work has picked up again so I'll be taking another hiatus. I will make this game eventually, but it doesn't have a high priority for me.
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]