Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking for creative ideas for a world! Will be writing about this!  (Read 1236 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

I decided to get back into writing again, after I made a disaster of my last work (unorganized, threw ideas as I thought of them). But now that I want to write again, I need a new world to come up with. So like the great "lets make a setting" thread (I wish I had a link to it) I decided the best place to look was on bay12 (because no one makes a good world like the insane bay12 community! Love you guys and your ideas!)

There are several aspects I had specifically placed just to get started. I will list them as we go. Please try and categorize them so its easier to keep them organized and add them here.

Restrictions on suggestions:
1) The world must be stable and habitable (no acid rain, etc.)
2) Do not try to contradict other ideas placed
3) This is a medieval fantasy world, so please, no guns or heavy technology
4) Avoid going overboard on the dark aspects, but feel free to have dark elements

Races:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Monsters:

Regions
:

Cities/Kingdoms:

Legends:

Major Events:

The Dragon War:

Heroes/Important Figures/Great Monsters:

Surrounding Areas
:

Factions
:

Misc (aka stuff that does not have a section yet):
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 02:20:24 pm by highmax28 »
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for creative ideas for a world! Will be writing about this!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 01:46:31 pm »

This probably would fit better in creative projects. If you wanta move it there should be a button next to the reply button called move topic or something like that that you can move it with.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 02:04:04 pm »

The world is just a chunk in a vast ocean. If you sail out far enough, eventually you reach a gradient where the seas fade away and the horizon begins, and you enter space. From there if you sail out to the sun, you find it's a giant candle with mystical keepers living on the island of cooled wax at the base. The moon is a candle that has gone out and is now just cold wax. Why? Nobody knows.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 04:59:20 pm »

The dragon war, also known as the War of the Dance, was ended when a ragtag group of humans, dwarves, elves, and halflings (all reskinned versions of the standard types) discovered the long-lost secrets of the Dragondances. Dragons were especially vulnerable to the Dragondance. After the War of the Dance ended, two scholars named Weiss and Hickman completely exploited the concept of dragon-related wars, publishing mountains of treatises on the subject, and made it pointless for anyone else to tread over the same ground again.

Despite that, hundreds - perhaps thousands - of scholars tried to follow in the path of Hickman and Weiss. Dragons were just so cool, and why would anybody not want to use them? Plus it meant not having to create something new.

Various attempts were made to hybridize dragons with humans. The goal was a soldier who would blend the power and mystery of dragonkind with a mental and emotional similarity to humans so that no effort would be needed to consider how they might approach situations differently. Effectively, a human with a slew of additional abilities. Such attempts fell flat without fail.

Other developments attempted to infuse normal people with the power of dragons through some kind of "mark of dragons".
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 10:18:36 pm »

Generations ago, the sailor Julian Sheik constructed a massive galleon enchanted by dragons to sail to the candle-lit sun.
As the legends go, he obtained a piece of molten wax from the sun, and returned to the world.
In present times, nobody is sure where this piece of sun-wax is, or if the legend is even true, however, a religion worshipping the "holy wax" has become one of the more prominent sects in the world, and they seek to rebuild the fabled sun-ship of Julian Sheik, in a quest to reach the sun.
They are known for always carrying candles around with them, and celebrate by sending off floating lanterns into the sky.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 07:38:31 pm »

There are also the space trolls. Mysterious beings from another world. They travel in big ships of metal, sailing the sea of the land. They only appear time to time. And they are HUGE tricksters. They used advanced technology to make physics fall down and cry like a baby. They also trick with misinterpretations, being like what we call Genies, but not the good kinds. They also deploy insane logic that makes no and lots of sense somehow. They also like to deploy green brutes that they give tech to even when they are isolated. It is bad luck to see one. 

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 09:11:50 pm »

Nobody is always chaotic evil.
Necromancers only want to extend life
Goblins only start wars when offended (weird how often that happens though)
Orcs are dignified and reserved. Great sailors.
Demons are extreme omnivores who eat everything alive or starve.
And few countries are defined by race. Elves, humans and the like mix freely.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.