Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Update speed, slow or fast or in between?

Fast, as often as I have time and there is a suggestion.
Medium fast, a cross between ^ and V.
Medium, wait for at least three posts before updating.
Medium slow, a cross between V and ^.
Slow, one update a day.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 58

Author Topic: Who Are You? (Rebooted in new thread.)  (Read 88442 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Who Are You? (Flashback Time!)
« Reply #450 on: April 12, 2014, 04:33:05 pm »

I don't understand what's going on. None of this makes sense. I thought the whole time crapping itself was happening in the future?!

(The time crapping itself in the future is unrelated to this bit of time crapping itself, this is a localized effect the entity that just manifested has, in the future time is crapping itself for a completely different reason.)

(Update after I shower.)

(Welcome to Bay12 Kassire!)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #451 on: April 12, 2014, 04:44:56 pm »

It's just that seeing one of the same people involved in the time crap in the future having been subject to an unstoppable event exactly like that one in the past removes a lot of the impact that this weird event had for me.

Also the way the game started I thought we'd quickly flip through each character's experience just before the time crap, but now it seems that the pace has gone through a dramatic change with flashbacks within flashbacks.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 04:46:35 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 12, 2014, 05:27:21 pm »

Yeah, Kira's chapter has been pretty long as compared to the others. Probably primarily due to the time spent dressing him, the flashback, and screwing with Ivan.

+1 to confusion.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

dawnstar

• Bay Watcher
  • Chaos, panic, disorder...my work here is done.
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: April 12, 2014, 06:01:48 pm »

Comply with his orders but stare into his eyes and say " I'm staring into your soul" and giggle uncontrollably afterwards
+1

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 12, 2014, 09:02:51 pm »

((We will be done with Kira in maybe 20 or so more updates, provided we don't drag it out too much. Most of the tomfoolery has been finished and Kira doesn't really have control of events at this point.))

Kira looks up at Ivan, who is currently directly above him and says "I'm staring into your souuul!" Kira then begins giggling

After the gigglefit Ivan, it slowly dawns on you that time is legitimately stopped, there is some weird skeletal creature in the cafe, you decide this is a good time to get really really really confused.

What is even going on?!
Shush.
"Servent of Lune, leave, this Seer is not yours to take." The skeleton somehow says as he walks towards the you and Ivan. The skeleton's voice sounds quite a bit like bone scraping against bone.
"W-what?"
"I got here first, therefore Lune claims him." Ivan responds, still staring at you.
"Wait, Lune? Isn't he a god?"
"You will leave, or you will be removed." The skeleton states, stopping several feet away from Ivan.
"Are any of you listening to me?"
"Lune Claims the Seer, Servent of Dolvath." Ivan states with finality, licking the right side of your neck before biting down.
"AAAAAUUUUUUGHHH!" Kira shrieks.
"NO!"
"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!"
"YOU FOOL!"

You begin to relax, even though Ivan's teeth are still embedded within your neck. His begin pulsing and, a pain like you have never felt before begins flooding your body, creeping from where Ivan's teeth are embedded as a light blue tinged light explodes outwards between the skeleton and you.

A tall mostly human looking person is now standing between you and the skeleton in the place of the light. After staring for a moment, you're pretty sure it is a he, and you're pretty sure that he has the tail and ears of a wolf.. You also realize his hair is a lightish blue and is about shoulder length.

"He has done exactly what I have told him to do."
"Servent of Dolvath, leave now, the Seer has been claimed. Leave now or I will smite you."
the figure states.

You are a fool Lune, you know not what you have unleashed. The skeleton says as a reddish fog forms around him.

As the skeleton fades into the fog he says"We will meet again, by then you will have realized the consequences of what you just did."

The fog disperses leaving be behind the scent of bacon and eggs.

"Sweet dreams little Seer, I'll talk to you when you're older, Ivan will watch over you."
"You will forget any of this ever happened until it is time for you to remember."
"Have fun."

As Lune slowly turns into light, the world fades to black.

The last thing you see before losing consciousness is a necklace with a key attached to it laying where Lune stood.

~~~~~~ (Back to Kira's present.)

Kira wakes up with a start.

The room is spattered in blood and pulped flesh. The couch you were behind is embedded in the wall on the other side of the room.

Ivan is sitting about three feet away from you, he looks worried and concerned.

"Are you okay Kira?"

"I.."
"I remember..."
"I remember how I met you."
"I remember what you did."
"I remember Lune."
"I remember it all."

"You probably want some answers then, don't you?"
"Yes I would."
"Ask away then"

ZalkozDestbro

• Bay Watcher
  • The lazy asshole, who chews pens on this forum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 12, 2014, 09:06:30 pm »

"WHO THE FUCK IS LUNE"...but nicer
Yes, you are the perfect example. You possess all the powers of a pen! This man right here, is mightier then many swords.
Back to our regularly scheduled bullshit. Now with more paranoia and eldritch.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #456 on: April 12, 2014, 09:12:04 pm »

+1 I keep forgetting that Kira is not a girl.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: April 12, 2014, 09:14:06 pm »

+1 I keep forgetting that Kira is not a girl.

((I sometimes forget also, I start typing "she" or "her" and then I'm like waaaait a minute!
Also I probably won't update again tonight, I want to get as many responses for the questioning bit as possible.))

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: April 12, 2014, 09:23:13 pm »

((So, it looks like we're in the middle of some kind of conflict between two god(esse)s, Lune and Dolvath. Apparently, Kira is a Seer. As such, it's possible the other characters have a "Class" as well.

KnightlyWanderer is obviously a Paladin or Knight or Warrior if this is true; hell, take a look at his name.

WolfAvenger we know too little about to make a judgement call. Going purely by his name, though, he'd probably be either a ranger or druid.

HackingFurrieness is probably a psychic or wizard of some sort, given that she's apparently quite intelligent, and managed to contact the freaking God-Emperor of Mankind, which is extremely impressive even when inside the WH40K 'verse, and we don't even have that. She might also be some sort of close-ranged gunslinger, given that she took out two badgers with a shotgun.

CatHat might be another wizard-style character, though maybe of a different variety. Judging from what we know about him, he seems to be the most intelligent of the group, and so far, probably the one with the best grasp on reality. Iff we're going by D&D logic, that'd put him with a high wisdom, meaning he's a prime candidate for being a holy caster of some sort. But, then again, this is very, very far from D&D.))

Oh, right, the game. I forgot about that. Let's see...

"Who's Lune? Who's Dolvath, too? Why are you a werewolf? Why did you bite me? Am I a werewolf now? And what the hell is going on in general?"

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #459 on: April 12, 2014, 09:50:17 pm »

CatHat is prolly a rogue. He set some handy traps after all. I don't think he's magic though. I support the rest of your analyses completely.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: April 12, 2014, 09:58:42 pm »

Yeah, I had to guess on him.
But yeah, between the trap-making, his use of short swords, and to a lesser extent, the fact that he grew up in a crime-filled apartment complex all seem to point towards rogue more than anything.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: April 12, 2014, 10:08:38 pm »

((So, it looks like we're in the middle of some kind of conflict between two god(esse)s, Lune and Dolvath. Apparently, Kira is a Seer. As such, it's possible the other characters have a "Class" as well.

KnightlyWanderer is obviously a Paladin or Knight or Warrior if this is true; hell, take a look at his name.

WolfAvenger we know too little about to make a judgement call. Going purely by his name, though, he'd probably be either a ranger or druid.

HackingFurrieness is probably a psychic or wizard of some sort, given that she's apparently quite intelligent, and managed to contact the freaking God-Emperor of Mankind, which is extremely impressive even when inside the WH40K 'verse, and we don't even have that. She might also be some sort of close-ranged gunslinger, given that she took out two badgers with a shotgun.

CatHat might be another wizard-style character, though maybe of a different variety. Judging from what we know about him, he seems to be the most intelligent of the group, and so far, probably the one with the best grasp on reality. Iff we're going by D&D logic, that'd put him with a high wisdom, meaning he's a prime candidate for being a holy caster of some sort. But, then again, this is very, very far from D&D.))

Oh, right, the game. I forgot about that. Let's see...

"Who's Lune? Who's Dolvath, too? Why are you a werewolf? Why did you bite me? Am I a werewolf now? And what the hell is going on in general?"

It isn't a conflict at all really, it's more of a impulsive move on one god's part without considering the long term ramifications, which are just now beginning to manifest, course this is just a tiny tiny tiny little snowflake on a massive ass metaphorical iceberg of shit hitting the fan, sure it has caused some problems, but not very many in comparison to some of the other stuff happening.

It's one massive cosmic clusterfuck.

Now characters you can control that you have met so far and responses to stated guesses or unstated guesses:

KnightlyWanderer is also known as Stephen, and you are close with this guess.

WolfArisen (Text not colored white for ease of viewing.)  is also known as Alex, and you aren't very close this guess.

With HackingFurrieness, aka Luna, you are pretty close with what you did guess, but there is quite a bit more which you haven't guessed.

TemporalMechanic, also known as Kent you didn't even guess for.

TurbanLover, or Joseph you also didn't guess for.

CatHat, also known as Eric, your guess partly right and partly wrong.

BlackCat, or Richard, is quite literally a cat, you didn't guess for him.

Ivan, seeing as how you don't know his HHCP username yet that won't be listed, you also didn't guess for him.

CatHat is prolly a rogue. He set some handy traps after all. I don't think he's magic though. I support the rest of your analyses completely.

Nope, there is a different Group One character who is more of a rogue.

ZalkozDestbro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 13, 2014, 10:22:05 pm »

"Are you Immortal?"
Yes, you are the perfect example. You possess all the powers of a pen! This man right here, is mightier then many swords.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #463 on: April 13, 2014, 10:27:59 pm »

How about you just tell me everything, kay?

ZalkozDestbro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: April 13, 2014, 10:37:33 pm »

How about you just tell me everything, kay?
+1
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 58