Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Update speed, slow or fast or in between?

Fast, as often as I have time and there is a suggestion.
Medium fast, a cross between ^ and V.
Medium, wait for at least three posts before updating.
Medium slow, a cross between V and ^.
Slow, one update a day.

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 58

Author Topic: Who Are You? (Rebooted in new thread.)  (Read 48115 times)

Worldmaster27

  • Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
Re: Who Are You? (Kira and Ivan need some alone time.)
« Reply #645 on: May 12, 2014, 02:49:01 pm »

Use our voice modifier to make our voice sound super demonic! Say, 'I will eat your soul if you do not leave all of your girl scout cookies on the front step! NOW LEAVE!!! MWAHAHAHA!!' Then open the door and greet our friend.
Logged

Harry Baldman

  • Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Who Are You? (Kira and Ivan need some alone time.)
« Reply #646 on: May 12, 2014, 03:13:32 pm »

Hope that the welcome mat sends the appropriate message to our friend. Make sure that EEG machine's been built in, though. The Plans require it for unclear reasons.

Also, get your mind out of the gutter, ya mook! Shock adsorbers are way cooler than shock absorbers. Less mainstream.
Logged

Kevak

  • Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Who Are You? (Kira and Ivan need some alone time.)
« Reply #647 on: May 14, 2014, 02:07:08 pm »

Hope that the welcome mat sends the appropriate message to our friend. Make sure that EEG machine's been built in, though. The Plans require it for unclear reasons.

Also, get your mind out of the gutter, ya mook! Shock adsorbers are way cooler than shock absorbers. Less mainstream.

.. No. My mind isn't in the gutter, yours seems to be though.

Use our voice modifier to make our voice sound super demonic! Say, 'I will eat your soul if you do not leave all of your girl scout cookies on the front step! NOW LEAVE!!! MWAHAHAHA!!' Then open the door and greet our friend.
.. Why would I do that?

You walk over to the door and open it.
Hi Zane.
Hello.
Well wanna come ins-Woah! Zane scoops you up maiden style and walks inside. Zaaane! Leggo!
If you say so. He drops you on the couch and sits down next to you.
So how's your day been Alex?
Logged

Worldmaster27

  • Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
Re: Who Are You? (Kira and Ivan need some alone time.)
« Reply #648 on: May 14, 2014, 02:13:57 pm »

IT WAS FINE UNTIL YOU SHOWED UP!
Great, I got quite a bit done on my stealth suit.
Logged

Harry Baldman

  • Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Who Are You? (Kira and Ivan need some alone time.)
« Reply #649 on: May 14, 2014, 02:36:20 pm »

I know you are, but what am I? Seriously, dude. Not everything's about sex and toys thereof. A lot of things are about violence and fun. And the sooner you get out of your Freudian mindset, the better.

Speaking of, activate suit's secret smalltalk module (or, failing that, technical readouts of middling interest) and leave it there to entertain our illustrious guest while we make tea for ourselves and not for Zane. Make sure to add secret ingredient: vodka.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 02:49:33 pm by Harry Baldman »
Logged

Kevak

  • Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Who Are You? (Poor poor Alex.)
« Reply #650 on: May 15, 2014, 01:46:54 am »

I know you are, but what am I? Seriously, dude. Not everything's about sex and toys thereof. A lot of things are about violence and fun. And the sooner you get out of your Freudian mindset, the better.

Speaking of, activate suit's secret smalltalk module (or, failing that, technical readouts of middling interest) and leave it there to entertain our illustrious guest while we make tea for ourselves and not for Zane. Make sure to add secret ingredient: vodka.

I don't drink, alcohol is bad. And I'm not even going to respond to that previous statement. Also no smalltalk module, why would a stealth suit have that? It's not an advanced AI or anything. I will make tea though in a bit, it's healthy.

"Pretty good! I got quite a bit done on my stealth suit."
"You're working on another project?"
"Yup!"
"Got bored without me around?"
"... Yes."
"... Did the voices tell you to make the suit?"
"...... yes.."
Zane grabs you and pulls you onto his lap, he wraps his arms around you and squeezes gently. "It'll be okay Alex. Even though the meds don't help, it'll be okay. Don't let them take over again, you almost killed someone last time. You can do it. Just don't listen to them."
".. it's hard though.. they demand things sometimes...."
Zane squeezes tighter. "You can ignore them. I've seen you do it before. You could have killed her but you didn't. You took control back. You can do it. Just stay strong."
".. i've been having difficulty ignoring them lately.. they've gotten louder... more forceful... i just want them out of my head.. even just a day... even just an hour...."
"Alex, would it make it easier for you if I moved in with you? I've been keeping track of what you say about the voices since I met you and they get worse when nobody is around. Would you like that?"
"..yes. please... i start slipping when nobody is around... pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease stay. they're screaming at me again. they don't Want You To. Stay! Pleasepleaseplease! STAY PLEASE! aaaAAGhhaaaaAH! GET THEM OUT! SHUT UP GET OUT OF MY HEAD GET OUT! STOP! NO! STOPSTOPSTOPSTOPSTOP! aaaAAAAAGHHH! THEYWON'TSHUTUP GET OUT OF MY HEAD GETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUTGETOUT! GET THEM OUT OF MY HEAD! AAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUGHHHHH IT HURTS OH GODS GET THEM OUT THEY BURN OGODSOHGODSOHGODS! STOPSTOPSTOP GETTHEMOUTGETTHEMOUTGETTHEMOUAAAAAAAUUUUUUUGHHGHGHGHHHHHH!!" The voices are screaming thousands of contradictory commands. They want you to kill things. To eat things. To cut things. To bite things. They don't want Zane near you. Their shrieks burn. It hurts so bad that you begin thrashing around trying to claw your ears off, screaming from the pain of the voices. Zane grabs your hands and pins them down, holding you still until the voices calm down again and you begin to relax. He hugs you tightly.
"Alex, I am going to stay. I won't let you out of my sight until the voices go away forever."
"..thank you Zane."
"You are not going to leave my sight until they go away Alex. This was the third time this week, and I missed one of them and couldn't stop you." He pulls your shirt up slightly and exposes a heavily bandaged section of your belly."We need to replace these bandages Alex, you haven't been changing them like I told you to." Zane carefully pulls off the bandages, several extremely bad looking gashes are visible. "The wounds still look really bad, I think you're going to have to go to the hospital for these, they look infected."
"No! No hospital! Doctors are evil! No!" Zane hugs you tighter and rocks you back and forth.
"Hush now Alex, I know you don't want to, but we really have to go, you could die if we don't go. So we are Going to the Hospital regardless of whether or not you want to go. If you aren't able to look after yourself because of the voices, I Will take care of you. It'll be okay, don't worry. The doctors won't hurt you this time. We'll go to a medical hospital. We aren't going to that awful place they tried putting you in. Don't worry, it'll be okay."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 01:58:43 am by Kevak »
Logged

Harbingerjm

  • Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Who Are You? (Poor poor Alex.)
« Reply #651 on: May 15, 2014, 02:09:00 am »

...
Hey, Alex, I think he's in league with the doctors. You should probably stab him.
Logged
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Kevak

  • Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Who Are You? (Poor poor Alex.)
« Reply #652 on: May 15, 2014, 02:14:52 am »

((You are a horrible horrible person.))
Logged

Harry Baldman

  • Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Who Are You? (Poor poor Alex.)
« Reply #653 on: May 15, 2014, 05:00:03 am »

...
Hey, Alex, I think he's in league with the doctors. You should probably stab him.

Sounds reasonable, yeah. Make sure to do so the right way. Surreptitiously. Unexpectedly. Violently. Repeatedly. With the fish cleaning knife, not the butter knife. Go for the important bits, or at least the tendons first. Carry a spare knife just in case the first one gets stuck.

But we are getting ahead of ourselves! First, stop resisting for a few moments, let him get complacent before doing the deed. Be outwardly calm. Chill. Like a master of your own fate should be.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 05:05:57 am by Harry Baldman »
Logged

Harbingerjm

  • Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Who Are You? (Poor poor Alex.)
« Reply #654 on: May 15, 2014, 05:30:12 am »

Try to leave him alive but incapacitated. That way, you can extract information about the doctor-collaborating from him.
Logged
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

flame99

  • Bay Watcher
  • ur gonna have a negative experience on this road
    • View Profile
Re: Who Are You? (Poor poor Alex.)
« Reply #655 on: May 15, 2014, 07:06:17 am »

...
Hey, Alex, I think he's in league with the doctors. You should probably stab him.

Sounds reasonable, yeah. Make sure to do so the right way. Surreptitiously. Unexpectedly. Violently. Repeatedly. With the fish cleaning knife, not the butter knife. Go for the important bits, or at least the tendons first. Carry a spare knife just in case the first one gets stuck.

But we are getting ahead of ourselves! First, stop resisting for a few moments, let him get complacent before doing the deed. Be outwardly calm. Chill. Like a master of your own fate should be.

-INFINITY

Comply with Zane. After all, we can trust him, right? Even if the doctors are bad.
Logged
Contribute to the Bay12 Bestiary!
Isn't that the problem with women? The second you marry one it's all "I want better weapons" and "Let me kill all things we come across".

Love you, Cinder <3

NAV

  • Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Who Are You? (Poor poor Alex.)
« Reply #656 on: May 15, 2014, 07:58:10 am »

Are we the voices they're talking about?

dont stab. Instead build an elabourate rube goldberg machine that will lead to him being stabbed.
Logged
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Worldmaster27

  • Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
Re: Who Are You? (Poor poor Alex.)
« Reply #657 on: May 15, 2014, 08:08:00 am »

Relent! Go to the Hospital! It is the best and only thing you can do now! Your health is important for what is to come! I am the sole voice of reason, amongst these other madmen! You may trust me.

((Wow Kevak. You write too well. And you're pretty messed up. (I'll reserve that sentence for when you reach the saddest person.)))
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 08:12:11 am by Worldmaster27 »
Logged

Harry Baldman

  • Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Who Are You? (Poor poor Alex.)
« Reply #658 on: May 15, 2014, 08:08:13 am »

Are we the voices they're talking about?

dont stab. Instead build an elabourate rube goldberg machine that will lead to him being stabbed.

Excellent plan! But don't we have such a machine around here somewhere already? We probably built one for exactly this kind of emergency.
Logged

dawnstar

  • Bay Watcher
  • Chaos, panic, disorder...my work here is done.
    • View Profile
Re: Who Are You? (Poor poor Alex.)
« Reply #659 on: May 15, 2014, 08:13:43 am »

...
Hey, Alex, I think he's in league with the doctors. You should probably stab him.

Sounds reasonable, yeah. Make sure to do so the right way. Surreptitiously. Unexpectedly. Violently. Repeatedly. With the fish cleaning knife, not the butter knife. Go for the important bits, or at least the tendons first. Carry a spare knife just in case the first one gets stuck.

But we are getting ahead of ourselves! First, stop resisting for a few moments, let him get complacent before doing the deed. Be outwardly calm. Chill. Like a master of your own fate should be.

You know what? Fuck you
Alex listen to me. You are in control. You can resist the voices
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 58