Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Update speed, slow or fast or in between?

Fast, as often as I have time and there is a suggestion.
Medium fast, a cross between ^ and V.
Medium, wait for at least three posts before updating.
Medium slow, a cross between V and ^.
Slow, one update a day.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 58

Author Topic: Who Are You? (Rebooted in new thread.)  (Read 87594 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Who Are You? (Flashback Time!)
« Reply #465 on: April 14, 2014, 12:26:56 am »

How about you just tell me everything, kay?

(Do you guys reeeeally want that answered? Ivan will take it literally and will do it chronologically and I'll be rolling for Kira every few paragraphs to see if he falls asleep from sheer boredom.

Or would you rather ask specific questions that will provide answers you can use and that actually mean stuff. Ivan is prone to rambling if you let him.)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #466 on: April 14, 2014, 12:42:34 am »

Well other people actually asked questions so why don't you do those first?

Rather than tell us out-of-character what's going to happen and why what we're doing is horrible and dumb I'd prefer if you'd just demonstrate using the characters, either by having the main one think "that's stupid" and refuse to do it or just allow the bad thing to happen and let that deter the players.

EDIT: That way at least it doesn't feel like railroading, which is what can make the railroading okay sometimes when it really needs to happen.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 12:44:37 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 14, 2014, 12:53:04 am »

Well other people actually asked questions so why don't you do those first?

Rather than tell us out-of-character what's going to happen and why what we're doing is horrible and dumb I'd prefer if you'd just demonstrate using the characters, either by having the main one think "that's stupid" and refuse to do it or just allow the bad thing to happen and let that deter the players.

EDIT: That way at least it doesn't feel like railroading, which is what can make the railroading okay sometimes when it really needs to happen.

(It isn't necessarily a bad thing for Ivan to give a in-depth explanation of how he was born, it would save us a flashback later on at an inconvenient time, also it would provide a bit of detail about the world behind the game. I'm just wondering if you had anything more important you wanted to ask.

So question priority is
1: Specific questions.
2: Less specific questions.
3: Ivan Exposition of random shit relating to his early life cause unless the RNG hate me and decides I need to write the entirety of Ivan's life, you will fail a roll after about 20 paragraphs or so of boredomnap rolls based on probability.

That order work? And do you peeps have more questions?)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #468 on: April 14, 2014, 01:08:34 am »

What am I thinking about... ri-i-i-i-ght... NOW!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Aaaand time for Q&A!))

"Who's Lune?"
"A deity that I happen to serve under. He influences darkness, time, and life. He isn't particularly powerful but has enough followers to get by. He has no enemies but plenty of acquaintances. Lune has Perfect Physical Manifestation, which is extremely rare among deities and because of this, spends pretty much all of his time manifested, he has laid claim on you, that necklace you always wear is there for a reason."

"Who's Dolvath?"
"A greater deity who influences time and life as well as controls the sphere of Death. As the controller of death, he is responsible for ensuring souls pass from the world correctly and is responsible for ensuring Empowered souls don't escape the cycle of Life and Death he is somewhat annoyed at Lune but has no way to do anything about it as he has absolutely no physical manifestation whatsoever."

"Why are you a werewolf?"
"I'm not a werewolf, I am a shapeshifter."

"Why did you bite me?"
"Because Lune wanted to claim you."

"Am I a werewolf now?"
"No, you are a latent shapeshifter and a Seer of Life."

"Are you Immortal?"
"The answer isn't No and it isn't Yes."

"And what is even going on right now?"
"I have no idea."

"What am I thinking about... ri-i-i-i-ght... NOW!"
"How should I know? I'm not a Seer of Mind or a psion, I am a Hunter of Life."

"How about you just tell me everything, kay?"
"You sure you don't have any other questions before I start ranting?"

((If you have new questions, then ask away. If Ivan can, he will answer. He will do the rant once you peeps run out of questions.))

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile

What could I do as "seer of life" and being a "latent shapeshifter"? Could turn into an elaphant and see who will get born in three seconds? Or is it like I simply slightly change my regular form, like turn into a toddler? Whats my limits of it?
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: April 14, 2014, 04:12:28 pm »

BlackCat, or Richard, is quite literally a cat, you didn't guess for him.
Hmmmm... I have to ask, was that character intentional and I somehow stole your mindthoughts to mention them before you did, or was it added after my suggestion(s)?
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

BlackCat, or Richard, is quite literally a cat, you didn't guess for him.
Hmmmm... I have to ask, was that character intentional and I somehow stole your mindthoughts to mention them before you did, or was it added after my suggestion(s)?

((Richard was intentional, you stole mah mind thoughts. You dirty thief. Give them back.))

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile

If you both are and aren't immortal are you ageless or invulnerable but will still die of old age.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

What's a Leaf Hunter?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What's a Leaf Hunter?

((Leaf Hunter? Was that in intentional statement or a spelling error?))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

((Leaf Hunter? Was that in intentional statement or a spelling error?))
Yep. Just messing with Ivan.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"What can I do as "Seer of Life" and being a "latent shapeshifter"? Could I turn into an elephant or who will get born in three seconds? Or do I just slightly change my regular form? Could I like turn into a toddler? Not sure why I would want to, but could I? What are the limits?"
"As a Seer of Life, you will eventually be able to detect life vast distances away from you. You are able to See forward in time with thing specifically relating to life or the actions of life, or the results of an action you make, you do this occasionally now, you get an idea and then get a rather strong pull against it. Ever notice that? You will also get a few other abilities that Lune has only hinted of to me and I don't really know what they are.
As a shapeshifter, you will eventually in theory be able to turn into anything relatively quickly. Currently the most you can do are those bursts of strength that you occasionally have without even being aware of it. Normally shapeshifters have affinities, which are basically instinctual blueprints for various organs or body parts, usually relating to an animal. These tend to be easier to shift into and don't involve memorizing layouts of cells and veins and nerves and other stuff. My affinity is for wolves, I don't know what yours is, but seeing as how I was the one who turned you and Lune is the one who claimed you, yours is also probably wolf."

"If you both are and aren't immortal are you ageless or invulnerable but will still die of old age."
"I am technically not ageless and I am technically not invulnerable. Sure it would be really hard to kill me and sure I would take a really long time to get old, but I am neither. The reason I say yes and no to the question is because on my own, the answer is no, but Lune, having influence with the Life sphere, has indefinitely prolonged my life, I don't exactly know what part of my cells he alters, but he redoes it every few years."

"What's a Leaf Hunter?"
"...A What? Would you clarify that question please?"

"Any other questions besides that one?"

ZalkozDestbro

• Bay Watcher
  • The lazy asshole, who chews pens on this forum.
    • View Profile

*COUGHCOUGH* What is a life hunter?
Yes, you are the perfect example. You possess all the powers of a pen! This man right here, is mightier then many swords.
Back to our regularly scheduled bullshit. Now with more paranoia and eldritch.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile

What was it that attacked us earlier? A Valthrak or something?

((Another thing -
I hail thee, Kevak; loyal scibe of Lune! I hail thee as the best game writer, ever!
In other words, your writing is awesome incarnate.))
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 58