Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Satellite Imagery of DF Worlds (v1.3.3 - Now fully compatible with 0.40.x!)  (Read 41343 times)

Isharia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Github confuses the heck out of me, so I dunno where / how to find older stuff.

I just used the zip you linked, extracted it in a new folder, copied the maps over, so no cross version contamination.  I had to edit the batch in the version you linked to make it work with the changed DF naming scheme.  It found GIMP, it seemed to work so far, but the error that came up was something about not able to run whatever plugins that the second window states.

CharonM72

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Laughingdwarf
    • View Profile

Github confuses the heck out of me, so I dunno where / how to find older stuff.

I just used the zip you linked, extracted it in a new folder, copied the maps over, so no cross version contamination.  I had to edit the batch in the version you linked to make it work with the changed DF naming scheme.  It found GIMP, it seemed to work so far, but the error that came up was something about not able to run whatever plugins that the second window states.

I just fixed the old bug I think it was having, and the current version runs perfectly fine for me now. I'm not sure that bug is related to your problem, but try downloading the newest version from the top post (DFFD or Github) and tell me what happens. Make sure to give GIMP a good few minutes to run; it will likely throw errors that are non-fatal and won't affect the running of the program.
Ever wanted to see your DF world Google Earth-style? Check out my Satellite Map Maker!

He he, yeah, I was like, "how are we going to be sure the leader will die in the trap?"  And then I saw the 10 adamantine weapons in the trap.  Then I was like, "but what if they live through the fall if they dodge?"  Then I saw the giant magma pool.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile

Yep it's working now.  Excellent, and thank you.

Isharia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll confirm that it does work through the batch scripts now as well.

I still can't get it to work within GIMP itself though, for some reason.

Thank you for your hard work :)
Totally lets me play with some stuff that I've been wanting to for a long time.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 02:45:38 am by Isharia »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

This is still pretty awesome, btw
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

CharonM72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll confirm that it does work through the batch scripts now as well.

I still can't get it to work within GIMP itself though, for some reason.

Found the issue, it was some stupid thing on my part. It's fixed, as well as a problem that made the script not install to the correct location. I am able to get GIMP to run the script within its own UI now, so please notify me if you have any more issues.
Ever wanted to see your DF world Google Earth-style? Check out my Satellite Map Maker!

He he, yeah, I was like, "how are we going to be sure the leader will die in the trap?"  And then I saw the 10 adamantine weapons in the trap.  Then I was like, "but what if they live through the fall if they dodge?"  Then I saw the giant magma pool.

CharonM72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

FYI I have not dropped this or anything, I am preparing to roll out 2.0 with a lot of major fixes. Halfway done already.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

Awesome! 

I hope you don't mind me posting my wishlist - integration of the fantasy map maker, and support for .png imputs for both.  Having to deal with the GIMP plugin twice over is not much fun...
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

CharonM72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Awesome! 

I hope you don't mind me posting my wishlist - integration of the fantasy map maker, and support for .png imputs for both.  Having to deal with the GIMP plugin twice over is not much fun...

If I were to include Fantasy Map Maker with SMM I think I'd need the author's permission. Allowing the user to choose which script to run would be easy though.
I'll try out the .png thing. In theory, GIMP should be able to handle those exactly the same as the .bmp files.

Feel free to add stuff you want to the issues list on GitHub. I'll add those two now.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

If I were to include Fantasy Map Maker with SMM I think I'd need the author's permission. Allowing the user to choose which script to run would be easy though.

I'll try out the .png thing. In theory, GIMP should be able to handle those exactly the same as the .bmp files.

Feel free to add stuff you want to the issues list on GitHub. I'll add those two now.

Try sending Parker a PM - it's implicitly share-alike and given that it's been broken since 40.09 (and not updated since 2012!) you could probably take over maintenance and distribution if you're going to improve it.

Good to hear about the .png, and I'll direct further suggestions to GitHub - thanks.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]