Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bugged interaction?  (Read 1416 times)

Magnusen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bugged interaction?
« on: March 09, 2014, 05:10:27 pm »

Recently i was making some were creatures (werewolves,werebears,werelizards).I added their traits,maked then have a bite that transforms the victim into one of them but run into a problem.I know that the [SPECIALATTACK_INTERACTION] tag is used to pass the curse to the attacked,but there is a way that i can add this token to the bite attack of the victim so that it can bite another one and transform them as well?
I did not find a answer so i decided to add a [CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION] instead but it seems that once the creature with this interaction enters the map it turns everyone into a werebeast.Thus giving the "your strenght has been broken" message and ending the game.
Here's the interaction:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 11:26:37 am by Magnusen »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Bugged interaction?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 05:38:35 pm »

No, what you're doing won't work.

Also, everyone turning into a werebeast shouldn't give you the broken strength message AFAIK.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 01:52:37 am »

What should give you the broken message, then?
._.

Magnusen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 07:06:32 am »

I think the message appeared because since the interaction add the [CRAZED] tag to the creature,and in this case everything on the map.I guess that the fortress need at least one sane dwarf to continue.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 08:54:21 am »

You need at least one sane, none hostile dwarf to survive fortress mode. CRAZED and OPPOSED_TO_LIFE add hostile intentions

and extreme tiredness causes instant insanity (berserk, melancholy, stark raving mad, etc.)

So just make sure your custom warebeast syndrome is not adding those things and you will have fort full of moon changing (or whenever you want the transformations to take place) people.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 09:55:45 am »

So if the entire fort is composed of, for example, crazed werewolves, then on the full moon you will lose because every dwarf is crazed?

Also is there a way to create syndromes which cause berserk, melancholy, stark raving mad, etc. through interactions? I know crazed is basically the same as berserk, but what about the other ones?
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 10:04:22 am »

Can't really choose which of the vanilla insane states happen but if a syndrome (or syndrome inducing interaction) gives a CE_DROWSINESS of a great number (I think someone said 15000 did it) a dwarf or creature will go insane (picking from the list that are are familiar with from moody dwarves (fey, and sad alike)

So it's quite possible to make a fruit or food or drink that causes insanity. and yes a fort of all werebeasts will end the fort if they all turn due to being a Hostile

So your first question: Yes

Second: Can cause insanity, just can't pick which one.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 12:33:33 pm »

That's a nice find with the CE_DROWSINESS, is there an information on how high should it be for that? Also would eating such a fruit as an adventurer make you crazy?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 01:04:43 pm »

Dwarves go insane if they've been awake for 6 months; presumably, the DROWSINESS symptom just increases their drowsiness at an accelerated rate, and a sufficiently high value causes it to reach the insanity threshold in a matter of seconds.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.