Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 52

Author Topic: [0.40.24v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set  (Read 426370 times)

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[0.40.24v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set
« on: March 13, 2014, 07:57:17 pm »

* Remember to update your savegames & inits *
After updating the game, run DF_savegame_updater.bat to update your savegames, run DF_phoebus_init_updater.bat to update your inits, then play the game.
Note: .NET Framework v4 is required to run the Tileset Assembler utility, so you should try installing that if you can't get the util to run.

--------------------------------------

Screenshots:
Spoiler: Glorious Round Trees (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Minecart Tracks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tileset Assembler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Classic Diagonal Walls (click to show/hide)

Symbol Chart (Outdated):
Spoiler: Rocks and stuff (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Plants and Herbs (click to show/hide)

*Updated* 0.40.24v00
Updated to Dwarf Fortress 0.40.24.

Spoiler: Update History DF2014 (click to show/hide)

Graphic Packs:
Pre-Installed Package for Windows @DFFD (w/ DF 0.40.24)
Graphic Set Package @DFFD (for DF 0.40.24): (Remember to run the init_updater.)

Pre-Installed Package for Linux @DFFD  (w/ DF 0.40.16+) (by King Mir.)

DF Starter Pack @DFFD (by PeridexisErrant.) (DF Starter Pack Homepage)

MasterWork (DF2012) @DFFD (by Meph.) (MasterWork Homepage)

Mirrors:
@ MediaFire
@ MediaFire (Old 0.40 Files)
@ MediaFire (Old 0.34 Files)
@ MediaFire (Old 0.31 Files)
@ MediaFire (Very Old Files)

Installation:

1. Unzip the 'Pre-Installed Package' where you want the game to be installed, or unzip the Graphic Set Package over your current installation.

2. Run DF_Phoebus_Init_Updater.bat to update your inits.

3. (Optional) Run DF_Savegame_Updater.bat (or DF_savegame_updater.sh on Linux) to update your savegames.

4. (Optional) Run PhoebusTilesetAssembler.exe to customize your tileset.

5. Strike the Earth!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 11:27:10 pm by Phoebus »

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 07:29:32 pm by Phoebus »

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Credits and Thanks (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: F.A.Q.s (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Donation (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 12:39:56 pm by Phoebus »

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I suppose it's a little late now, but there is an option to move your thread, if you prefer that. I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do with the trees in the next version. Keep up the good work!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

HammerHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Like so many already, PTW.
Sooooooaaaaaap!
Tha's grreat!
Soooocks!

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

PTW the new thread. 

You may be interested in the new Text will be Text plugin, which allows you to set up a separate tileset for text to the rest of the tiles.  As of version 2.01 (2014-06-04), it also allows you to add an arbitrary number of additional tilesets, tiles from which can be set to override specific items or building tiles.  This functionally implements eternal suggestion #4 for full graphics support. 

I'm going to include this in the Starter Pack, and it would be great to have a 'pure text' version of your tileset that can be dropped in.  Most of the letters are already clear, but there's a few things like the quality symbols and any changed letters, numbers, and punctuation which are hopefully easy to include in a pure text tileset, and would make things a lot easier to read in cases where truetype doesn't work or has been disabled. 

Any further stuff like overrides would be awesome, but given the rate of updates (including recently a demo of allowing different tile width for the menu) you might not want to invest too much time just yet - but don't let anyone stop you if it look fun!  It's also probably a good way to deal with the whole walls-as-leaves thing that's going to come up in the new version, though that's still not so bad as the cursor/stairs/bins/'x' mixture. 

Please don't feel any pressure - I just thought it worth sharing with the people who have done the work to make pretty graphics happen already  :D
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Aydjile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hey Phoebus! what your thoughts on "Text Will Be Text" - dfhack plugin?
will you incorporate it into your tileset?
Reality exists is only in our imagination.

Мой канал о жизни крепостей из Дварф Фортресс - https://www.youtube.com/user/Aydjile

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile

PTW the new thread. 

You may be interested in the new Text will be Text plugin, which allows you to set up a separate tileset for text to the rest of the tiles.  As of version 2.01 (2014-06-04), it also allows you to add an arbitrary number of additional tilesets, tiles from which can be set to override specific items or building tiles.  This functionally implements eternal suggestion #4 for full graphics support. 

I'm going to include this in the Starter Pack, and it would be great to have a 'pure text' version of your tileset that can be dropped in.  Most of the letters are already clear, but there's a few things like the quality symbols and any changed letters, numbers, and punctuation which are hopefully easy to include in a pure text tileset, and would make things a lot easier to read in cases where truetype doesn't work or has been disabled. 

Any further stuff like overrides would be awesome, but given the rate of updates (including recently a demo of allowing different tile width for the menu) you might not want to invest too much time just yet - but don't let anyone stop you if it look fun!  It's also probably a good way to deal with the whole walls-as-leaves thing that's going to come up in the new version, though that's still not so bad as the cursor/stairs/bins/'x' mixture. 

Please don't feel any pressure - I just thought it worth sharing with the people who have done the work to make pretty graphics happen already  :D
That sounds brilliant, full tileset support for DF! Never imagined I'd see the day, this community is absolutely amazing...

nimbus25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For some reason, a lot of characters are missing when I go to check them. So I can't see my wealth, or can't properly see my dwarves' names.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

This is a truetype issue - using F12 to toggle it off and back on should reset the problem. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 52