Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 52

Author Topic: [0.40.24v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set  (Read 426587 times)

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.13v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set (DF Version Updated)
« Reply #330 on: October 26, 2014, 06:10:26 am »

I suspect we, at the very least, require a stepladder image for this to be compatible with 40.14?
In the Phoebus' Graphics Set raw files:
creature_next_underground.txt, creature_standard.txt and creature_subterranean.txt
[LIKES_FIGHTING]
should be removed from a bunch of creatures.
And in item_tool.txt the stepladder details need to be added to the end. It uses 'TILE:158' but I have no idea what to do with that.
I didn't check the 'inorganic_*.txt' files because it seems very unlikely they will have changed.
Plus add stepladder to entity_default.
https://github.com/fricy/Phoebus/releases

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 27, 2014, 04:00:15 am »

I have been trying to install this pack for the latest version, but I don't know how to.  For one, I have no idea what it means to unzip a file "over" something.  Then it says to run DF_Phoebus_Init_Updater.bat.  This file literally does not exist - I searched for it on the entire computer and found nothing close to it.  I've never even heard of a .bat file!  Even if I do eventually get those graphics installed, I don't quite know how to update my current saves.  Do I just move their folders over to the new one?

I currently have the two separate folders, the vanilla DF folder and the Phoebus pack, sitting separately in my applications.  Can ANYONE help me out, please?  This is incredibly frustrating.

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 27, 2014, 06:28:26 am »

I have been trying to install this pack for the latest version, but I don't know how to.  For one, I have no idea what it means to unzip a file "over" something.  Then it says to run DF_Phoebus_Init_Updater.bat.  This file literally does not exist - I searched for it on the entire computer and found nothing close to it.  I've never even heard of a .bat file!  Even if I do eventually get those graphics installed, I don't quite know how to update my current saves.  Do I just move their folders over to the new one?

I currently have the two separate folders, the vanilla DF folder and the Phoebus pack, sitting separately in my applications.  Can ANYONE help me out, please?  This is incredibly frustrating.
I haven't yet tried to update to 40.14 here (found another tileset that officially has a link to a 40.14 version).

For previous versions, though, I just extracted the new version in its own folder, copied over the save files and then ran the updater. (It took me a while to find too. The updater is in the Phoebus folder. There should be two update files, if memory serves.)

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 27, 2014, 06:45:04 am »

I definitely appreciate your answer.  There are a few sub-folders in the Phoebus folder (including one named Phoebus itself) and I'm rummaging through them, but I can't seem to find any updaters.  I see:

Phoebus:

Raw-> graphics & objects -> what looks to be mostly graphics sheets and a few init files

Data -> art & init

Is it in one of the init files?

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 27, 2014, 07:30:17 am »

I definitely appreciate your answer.  There are a few sub-folders in the Phoebus folder (including one named Phoebus itself) and I'm rummaging through them, but I can't seem to find any updaters.  I see:

Phoebus:

Raw-> graphics & objects -> what looks to be mostly graphics sheets and a few init files

Data -> art & init

Is it in one of the init files?
Okay... Checking the 40.13 folder I still have on the desktop. The "df_phoebus_init_updater" and "df_savegame_updater" files are in the same main folder as the "Dwarf Fortress.exe" file. And the data, raw and sdl folders.

Hope that helps.

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 27, 2014, 02:49:25 pm »

Those files aren't there.  df_osx (which I guess is the 40.14 folder)only has command line, file changes, readme, gamelog, and errorlog. It doesn't have Phoebus anything.   Phoebus-40.14 only has nothing but data and raw folders.

I literally did a search on the entire computer - typed the exact file name in the search bars - and got no results.  This isn't about being unable to find the files, it's about the files not existing at all.  I literally can't install the graphics because I don't have the files to do so.

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 27, 2014, 03:03:41 pm »

I literally can't install the graphics because I don't have the files to do so.
Which would be why I'm waiting for 40.14 to officially be supported here... Yeah. :-\

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 27, 2014, 03:11:14 pm »

Those files aren't there.  df_osx (which I guess is the 40.14 folder)only has command line, file changes, readme, gamelog, and errorlog. It doesn't have Phoebus anything.   Phoebus-40.14 only has nothing but data and raw folders.

I literally did a search on the entire computer - typed the exact file name in the search bars - and got no results.  This isn't about being unable to find the files, it's about the files not existing at all.  I literally can't install the graphics because I don't have the files to do so.
Next time please mention what OS you're using. Forget the .bat file, it's only usable on windows.
I assume you have the zip file I linked to:
1. Extract it into a temporary directory, like downloads/phoebus.
2. Go to phoebus/raw and copy the graphics and object folders. Go to df_osx/raw and paste these folders here overwriting the existing directories
3. Go to phoebus/data/art and copy the contents. Paste these files into df_osx/data/art. Overwrite
4. Go to phoebus/data/init and copy the contents. Paste these files into df_osx/data/init. Overwrite
Done, go play. Check back for the Macnewbie pack sometime this week.

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 27, 2014, 03:24:25 pm »

I was actually afraid to let on that I used Mac, because I know it's not well thought of in some circles and I didn't want to get dogpiled.

That would explain why the .bat files weren't showing up!  Following those directions seems to have worked.  Thank you so, so much, Chimerat and fricy <3 

EDIT: There still seem to be a few kinks left.  The animals' sprites won't show up, and the dwarves are shown by something that is weird, ugly, and definitely not Phoebus.  I noticed that not all the graphics files in vanilla asked if I wanted to overwrite them - perhaps there are extra files left over that I need to ditch?  I know those ugly dwarf sprites are from vanilla, but I think I deleted the file with 'em and they're still showing up.  I'm including a screenshot.

If you want to take it to PMs or even Skype that's fine, because I feel bad for clogging up the thread with my incompetence.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 04:07:43 pm by Badger Storm »

dwarf_reform

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 27, 2014, 04:37:01 pm »

Its terrifying how dependent I am on Phoebus.. It was inevitable. DF 40.14 isn't released in my world until it says '[0.40.14v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set' here :>

Also, it seems like true DF fans aren't the type of imbeciles to bear their teeth and think less of someone based on what type of technology they use :) You use what you like best! (or what cruel fate and finance has forced upon you, in my case)

Give us stepladders and emotional dwarves or give us death!

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 27, 2014, 05:04:45 pm »

Now I literally have drumsticks just flying around and claiming to be lungfish when I mouse over them.  This is actually more amusing than annoying.  I probably do need to wait a little bit and then try reinstalling Phoebus, because I've a feeling there are at least a few kinks still being worked out.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 27, 2014, 05:08:58 pm »

EDIT: There still seem to be a few kinks left.  The animals' sprites won't show up, and the dwarves are shown by something that is weird, ugly, and definitely not Phoebus.  I noticed that not all the graphics files in vanilla asked if I wanted to overwrite them - perhaps there are extra files left over that I need to ditch?  I know those ugly dwarf sprites are from vanilla, but I think I deleted the file with 'em and they're still showing up.  I'm including a screenshot.
If you generated a world previously with ascii you need to update the saves too:
copy the raws (graphics and objects) to data/save/regionx/raw

Gukag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 27, 2014, 05:09:32 pm »

Plus add stepladder to entity_default.
https://github.com/fricy/Phoebus/releases

I literally just created a world with this version installed, and it seems to be working so far.

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 27, 2014, 05:44:07 pm »

Just imported over my worlds from the previous version; they seem to work perfectly!

Thank you to everyone for fielding my questions.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[0.40.14v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set (DF Version Updated)
« Reply #344 on: October 29, 2014, 12:20:36 am »

*Updated* 0.40.14v00
Updated to Dwarf Fortress 0.40.14.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 52