Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 52

Author Topic: [0.40.24v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set  (Read 425308 times)

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.24v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set
« Reply #405 on: February 17, 2015, 03:30:24 pm »

The latest Phoebus in the starter pack (don't know if its been fixed by now) is missing graphics for the gelder.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Getdat40

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 23, 2015, 01:14:14 pm »

Thanks, love this graphics pack!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 01:15:49 pm by Getdat40 »

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 29, 2015, 04:13:44 pm »

So, are flowers meant to look like this:

There is something about the black tiles that does not seem right. Is something wrong with my set up that is causing the lack of colour? For reference, they are meadowsweet flowers, and I have dug in the RAW's for that flower, but have no idea which values I should change to experiment with the colour display.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 03:56:51 am by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 31, 2015, 03:53:16 am »

Did you change the color scheme by any chance? It shouldn't look like that. It'd be best to redownload it to fix it or reinstall it if you are using the starter packs (just the phoebus part).

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 31, 2015, 04:10:54 am »

Did you change the color scheme by any chance? It shouldn't look like that. It'd be best to redownload it to fix it or reinstall it if you are using the starter packs (just the phoebus part).

Thanks for the advice, but...

Did not change the colour scheme. Tried re-downloading the graphics pack and reinstalling it over the file structure in the starter packs, to no avail. This is a literally out of the box problem with either the starter pack or the tileset, and I cant get my head around it. going to try a download of DF without the starter pack in a second and see if I get a difference.

EDIT: Yeah, no difference. A bit of looking around with "k" shows that all other plants, leaves and flowers are displayed correctly - it is only the meadowsweet flowers that are doing the black tile thing. This is not that big a problem, other than the few weeks in summer season where they are literally everywhere.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 04:18:06 am by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 31, 2015, 05:30:30 pm »

Can you backup your save file then install the spacefox version and see if it's also having that issue? The meadowsweet versions in the text files of those 2 are the same so I'm wondering if it's a phoebus thing or some other thing causing this issue.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 01, 2015, 05:48:02 am »

Running with Spacefox was... interesting. The meadowsweet was represented by a grey tree like symbol - seemingly also lacking in colour. This suggests the problem might lie with how the meadowsweet is defined in the RAW's rather than it being an issue with either graphics pack. The most probable scenario is that they ware meant to be some kind of white/silver.grey flower, but the way that this set renders it causes the black tile issue. Does anyone know how I would go about experimenting with how this plant is displayed by Pheobus tileset?
This is a blank sig.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 01, 2015, 04:29:13 pm »

Thanks I noticed the text file for Spacefox was the same as phoebus in that regards (I had relocated that tree, and had meant to move it back, just never did it... Q_Q It involves tedious stuff). I've no idea why meadowsweet isn't working correctly, maybe it has to be reported to Toady because the color scheme for it is the same as the other grasses next to it in the file.

Can you try adding [DISPLAY_COLOR:6:0:0] or something like that to the plant_grasses file in the area that meadowsweet is and delete the current colors it has or just replace the [] it has with # to comment them out. Or if you could upload your save file cause I don't really want to put much work into this....

Or changing the [GRASS_COLORS:2:0:1:2:0:0:6:0:1:6:0:0] to something like [GRASS_COLORS:2:1:2:1:2:1:6:1:6:1:6:1] it doesn't really matter. The thing should have color it makes no sense, if none of what I just suggest works, then only way I could figure it out is with a save file to easily test solutions. I could just easily open up df and embark in a marsh but I'd have to wait till summer and I'm lazzyyyy while waiting for the next version.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 02, 2015, 05:37:32 am »

Actually, it turns out its not just meadowsweet. A few different sites seem to all have this issue with some flowers - only some though, which is odd. I am genning a new world at the moment, and if I notice more white/black plant tiles I will identify them, and try fiddling with the RAW's in the manner you suggest and report back.
This is a blank sig.

itblobboy

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey! Check it out - acid rain that rots your arms!
    • View Profile
    • Give me a damn!
A generic positive review
« Reply #414 on: May 11, 2015, 05:10:25 pm »

I'd just like to say, thanks! A lot!

I've stubbornly played with the standard texture for the longest time, and it was never a problem with understanding the symbols. However, it did become boring on the eyes after these past years. I spent a while today looking for DF texture packs that are updated and pleasant to look at (I decided to take the liberty to since I had to update to 24 anyway), and the fact that this has a preinstalled DF with texture pack was pretty awesome to see.

I couldn't bring myself to not express my appreciation for this, so know I do!

Sorry if this is considered an unappreciated bump.

HammerHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 21, 2015, 07:23:28 am »

So, are flowers meant to look like this:

There is something about the black tiles that does not seem right. Is something wrong with my set up that is causing the lack of colour? For reference, they are meadowsweet flowers, and I have dug in the RAW's for that flower, but have no idea which values I should change to experiment with the colour display.

I get this, too, but it appears to be specific types of flowers?  Or maybe I only have one kind of flower on my current embark.
Sooooooaaaaaap!
Tha's grreat!
Soooocks!

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 09, 2015, 04:45:44 am »

i like the look, the atmosphere this gives and the customizability,
but sadly it doesnt work well with twbt on a 5:4 screen, as it doesnt allow text to stay the font that i selected in the LNP starter.
also the mousecontrol dfhack doesnt work with this.

great, now it seems i can't get it back to spacefox with default menu text.
i hope overriding my gamefolder with the freshly unpacked LNP folder will both preserve my savegames and i only have to do all the settings again.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 04:59:10 am by Pvt. Pirate »
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Aydjile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 30, 2015, 04:17:47 pm »

dear phoebus, the patch is behind the corner. are you gonna be ready for it? shall we await for you to modify it?
Reality exists is only in our imagination.

Мой канал о жизни крепостей из Дварф Фортресс - https://www.youtube.com/user/Aydjile

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 30, 2015, 06:49:13 pm »

dear phoebus, the patch is behind the corner. are you gonna be ready for it? shall we await for you to modify it?

There's also Doren's Phoebus graphics, and Fricy's graphics collection if something goes wrong.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 30, 2015, 07:26:49 pm »

Plus GemSet which is a natively HD and full TWBT set with an emphasis on being crisp and legible.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 52