Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 52

Author Topic: [0.40.24v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set  (Read 422804 times)

Aqma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.24v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set
« Reply #495 on: December 17, 2015, 02:45:15 pm »

Even though I've been reading these forums for more than a year, i've never created an account up until now when I just wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU Phoebus for this amazing tileset you have created, it eased my start in df a lot and even now i associate df with your pack.

Thank you as well for all the modders and contributeurs to df, amazing work!

Kroy Mortlach

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 17, 2015, 03:00:24 pm »

Any sort of mental health issues deserve to be treated with full care and attention. Anything that detracts from that deserves to be canned in favour of your own well being. Take care of yourself. And cheers. I enjoyed your work and effort greatly in my time playing DF as a complete and total noob (nothing has changed there over the months/years).

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 17, 2015, 03:08:42 pm »

Phoebus, you've made an enormous contribution to the Dwarf Fortress community and without your efforts many never would have discovered the game. Don't feel pressured to continue your work because as long as there's a thriving community, your work will live on. :)

Valience

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 17, 2015, 03:10:46 pm »

I don't post too much, but like some others have mentioned your graphics pack was what made DF playable for me forever ago. Without it I probably would have dumped it because while the ascii is playable, it strains the crap out of my eyes and gives me a headache way too fast.

I might have moved on to trying other sets, but thank you for opening the door for thousands of hours of enjoyment. Best of luck with everything you do from here on out, and have a great holiday.
Regardless of what I said previously, DF elves don't chop. They merely coax the wood out of a tree in a manner which is probably sexual. So yes, they are terrible, terrible beings.

hawkwing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 17, 2015, 03:12:06 pm »

I suffer from anxiety/dread issues, and working on this pack is one of my triggers

Sorry to hear things aren't going well for you. Thank you for all the work you've done. I (and the rest of the community!) hope you manage to overcome the issues you are dealing with - not because we're hoping you'll come back and do more, but because you have already done so much.

Roxfall

• Bay Watcher
  • Evrywundies
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: December 17, 2015, 03:44:22 pm »

I suffer from anxiety/dread issues, and working on this pack is one of my triggers

Sorry to hear things aren't going well for you. Thank you for all the work you've done. I (and the rest of the community!) hope you manage to overcome the issues you are dealing with - not because we're hoping you'll come back and do more, but because you have already done so much.

Dear Phoebus,
I want to thank you, personally, for being an inspiration, and for making my favorite tileset for this game. Sorry to hear you are not well, and hope you do whatever it is you need to do to feel better.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 03:53:08 pm by Roxfall »

madk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • pineapplemachine
« Reply #501 on: December 17, 2015, 03:49:29 pm »

Don't sweat it, Phoebus. I believe we are all nothing but grateful for the work you've done. You deserve respite.

txtsd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I have a quest!
« Reply #502 on: December 17, 2015, 04:41:45 pm »

[...] and working on this pack is one of my [...]

Clinical depression here. I know what it's like to be unable to do even your favorite things.
May the rest of your life be devoid of anxiety inducing things.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: December 17, 2015, 04:45:34 pm »

The pouch of secrets contains most of the content that I used to make the graphic pack. It's in the GIMP format, and most file contain multitudes of layers for different object, to separate foreground from background, and to create complex foreground/background graphic effects.
You can't directly use it for the game, but other people can use them to more easily add things to the graphic packs without my help.

On that subject, yes you are free to add things to the graphic pack, or make your own version of the graphic pack. Most of the art in the pack has been, borrowed, from the community, and I've created to pack for the benefit of the community. Feel free to use or improve it as you wish.

Sadly, I will no be able to update the graphic pack myself. I suffer from anxiety/dread issues, and working on this pack is one of my triggers (download GIMP and study the graphic files to quickly understand why.) I'm sorry I can no longer support the pack. I will visit/lurk once in a while, like I did for the past year, to keep up with what's happening with DF.

In the spirit of the winter season, I wish you all some happy goblin slaying and elf forest lava flooding!

Phoebus, thank you for your amazing work.  It's been an integral part of my DF experience and will continue to be so.  Don't think of it as discontinuing your work, but rather as having finished it at long last.  Your great artifact has been completed!  A masterwork for the ages.

I've dealt with some of the same things you are now dealing with in the past, and DF was my usual source of respite - your tileset, specifically, became associated with me-time and relief from the outside pressures.  I hope you find similar sources of solace and wish you all the best.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Extreme Boyheat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: December 17, 2015, 06:01:03 pm »

Thankyou for being such a great pillar of the community, it'll be different without you and your work. I wish you all the best and hope things turn out well for you soon.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: December 17, 2015, 06:01:26 pm »

Thank you Phoebus for all your hard work. Your health and safety is much more important then anything else. Take care of yourself. :-) *hugz*
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: December 17, 2015, 06:11:36 pm »

I don't have much to say other than what everyone else has already said, but thank you so, so, much for all your work, Phoebus.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 06:58:57 pm by palu »
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

kmob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: December 17, 2015, 06:39:55 pm »

Phoebus, many thanks for all your work over the years. It's made such a difference to my DF enjoyment. Thank you! All the best for the future.

boogiemanspud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: December 17, 2015, 06:46:36 pm »

Thanks for all you've done.   :)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: December 17, 2015, 07:39:34 pm »

Phoebus, I just want to thank you for your work, and for helping me start doing pixel art of my own. I may not be great, but it was your set, as well as other talented people in this community, that pushed me to start learning.

Again, thanks for what you have done in the community, and I wish you all the best. You just do what you feel is best for you.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 52