Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 52

Author Topic: [0.40.24v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set  (Read 425422 times)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.24v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set
« Reply #675 on: October 31, 2016, 10:50:47 pm »

I think it should work good enough without TwbT. I don't think anyone has reported any problems with using it without TwbT, anyway.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: November 01, 2016, 03:06:40 am »

Thank you for the quick response.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

JimmyAgent007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 06, 2016, 10:39:21 am »

Hey, everyone.  Im using this tileset for a webcomic I want to try out.  However, Im having issues with the resolution of screenshots.  Things look wrong when I resize them.  Ive got the sprites easy enough but objects, walls, wood, and all sorts of things are kind of off.  Anyone have good screenshots 1:1 ratio that dont need to be resized?  I dont want to craft everything by hand, but a lot of objects dont have any colour in the tilesets.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 07, 2016, 10:44:36 am »

Hey, everyone.  Im using this tileset for a webcomic I want to try out.  However, Im having issues with the resolution of screenshots.  Things look wrong when I resize them.  Ive got the sprites easy enough but objects, walls, wood, and all sorts of things are kind of off.  Anyone have good screenshots 1:1 ratio that dont need to be resized?  I dont want to craft everything by hand, but a lot of objects dont have any colour in the tilesets.
That's because not all overrides use the same item size. some are 16x16, some 24x24, while some even use 10x10.
So there will always be some that look blurry.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

k33n

• Bay Watcher
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 26, 2016, 05:37:23 pm »

Make sure you have up-sampling turned off, and realize that the game engine use two colours and png transparency to create the tiles displayed on the screen.

Also, not to be blunt, but you better friggin well be willing to craft everything by hand if you want to make a comic.

JimmyAgent007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: January 03, 2017, 08:38:26 am »

Make sure you have up-sampling turned off, and realize that the game engine use two colours and png transparency to create the tiles displayed on the screen.

Also, not to be blunt, but you better friggin well be willing to craft everything by hand if you want to make a comic.

Good call on the up-sampling.  I will look into that.  I get that I will need to do everything by hand, I just wanted to use screenshots for the backgrounds and maps, then put the sprites in later.  My issue is with the scaling, different screens at different resolutions, things didnt line up right. 

jocke the beast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: January 03, 2017, 09:15:55 am »

Hi guys.

I love Phoebus graphics and now I'm wondering if it's possible to play the latest version of DF with Phoebus with the TWBT-text (better looking clean text) and only that? I don't wan't z-level rendering just plain old Phoebus but with clean text. Possible? How to make it work?

Thanks!
Me: Come, Join me on my adventures!
Crossbowman: *spits at me* Surely any place is better than this, lets be off!

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: January 03, 2017, 05:57:23 pm »

I love Phoebus graphics and now I'm wondering if it's possible to play the latest version of DF with Phoebus with the TWBT-text (better looking clean text) and only that? I don't wan't z-level rendering just plain old Phoebus but with clean text. Possible? How to make it work?

Not possible, sadly - TwbT is required for the clean text too.  (that's what the name 'Text will be Text' is about :))
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

jocke the beast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: January 04, 2017, 03:05:16 am »

Ok. Sad to hear. Thanks for the quick respons  :)
Me: Come, Join me on my adventures!
Crossbowman: *spits at me* Surely any place is better than this, lets be off!

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: June 04, 2017, 11:33:34 am »

Hello. I consider what this tileset is the best. I took liberty of a little redraw military to my taste, while maintaining the overall style of author. Total repainted: monarchs, military officers, mechanic, militia units, militia master units.
Download links v0.2:
link Mediafire
link Dwarf Fortress File Depot

Installation- overwrite original Phoebus`file dwarves.png.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 09:52:11 am by Vordak »

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: June 09, 2017, 02:45:18 pm »

I present to your attention tiles of goblins. Redrawn most of the professions except children, enforcers and skeletons.
Download mirrors v1.0:
link Mediafire

Installation- overwrite original Phoebus`file goblins.png.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 09:54:39 am by Vordak »

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: June 12, 2017, 04:57:11 am »

this looks cool, vordak!
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: June 12, 2017, 06:25:30 am »

@Vordak - these look great, but please host them (for free) at http://dffd.bay12games.com so the files don't expire.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

fbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: October 08, 2017, 11:58:50 am »

The 43.05 version on github is missing the subtype for wheelbarrows in the overrides. This results in minecarts looking like wheelbarrows.  :'(
For different tiles you should change this line in init/overrides.txt

Code: [Select]
[OVERRIDE:152:I:TOOL:TOOL::3:26]
to
Code: [Select]
[OVERRIDE:152:I:TOOL:TOOL:17:3:26]

« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 05:25:08 pm by fbo »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: November 23, 2017, 11:13:09 pm »

I present to your attention tiles of goblins. Redrawn most of the professions except children, enforcers and skeletons.
Download mirrors v1.0:
link Mediafire

Installation- overwrite original Phoebus`file goblins.png.

These are great! Much more consistent design and lots of distinction between the various jobs. Are you cool with them being included with the Phoebus graphics pack on the graphics repo and being bundled in Lazy Newb Packs?
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 52