Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 52

Author Topic: [0.40.24v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set  (Read 426292 times)

Couchmonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.01v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set (What year is it? edition)
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2014, 01:25:25 am »

I know that getting the tileset fully functional has got to be priority one, but just curious if there is an ETA on the linux pre-installed version, or if anybody would be kind enough to post one that works.  ^_^

I can give you one made out of the windows version :)
Aint no magic in those scripts.

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2014, 06:32:02 am »

Because I've been away so long, how do I apply the phoebus graphics to the 0.40.02 version or is an official release just around the corner?

Couchmonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2014, 08:18:34 am »

Linux Phoebus with Phoebus for Windows:

Step1: Download Phoebus to your users Downloads Folder
Step2: Copy this bash script to df-inst.sh and make it +x
Step3: Use this bash script ./df-inst.sh 40_02 40_01v00 (e.g. df version 40_02 and phoebus 40_01v00)
Step3: Profit! You can find DF now ~/Games/dwarf-fortress/df_linux/df

Feel free to change it to your liking!

Code: [Select]
#!/bin/bash
set -e

MY_DF="$1" #In der Form xx_xx e.g. 40_02
MY_PHOEBUS="$2" #In der Form xx_xxvxx e.g. 40_02v00

[ -f "$HOME/Downloads/df_${MY_DF}_linux.tar.bz2" ] || wget -O "$HOME/Downloads/df_${MY_DF}_linux.tar.bz2" "http://bay12games.com/dwarves/df_${MY_DF}_linux.tar.bz2" || echo "DF_${MY_DF} downloaded!"
[ -d "$HOME/Games/dwarf-fortress" ] || mkdir "$HOME/Games/dwarf-fortress" || echo "Folder "$HOME/Games/dwarf-fortress" created!"
tar xfj "$HOME/Downloads/df_${MY_DF}_linux.tar.bz2" -C "$HOME/Games/dwarf-fortress"
#rm "df_${MY_VERSION}_linux.tar.bz2"
unzip -o "$HOME/Downloads/Phoebus_${MY_PHOEBUS}.zip" -d "$HOME/Games/dwarf-fortress/df_linux"
cp "$HOME/Games/dwarf-fortress/df_linux/data/init/phoebus/colors.txt" "$HOME/Games/dwarf-fortress/df_linux/data/init/"
cp "$HOME/Games/dwarf-fortress/df_linux/data/init/phoebus/d_init.txt" "$HOME/Games/dwarf-fortress/df_linux/data/init/"
cp "$HOME/Games/dwarf-fortress/df_linux/data/init/phoebus/init.txt" "$HOME/Games/dwarf-fortress/df_linux/data/init/"
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 08:20:51 am by Couchmonster »

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2014, 08:43:47 am »

Love your work, Phoebus.

By the way, in your hibernation you might have not noticed the Text will be Text plugin, which allows you to set basically a unique tile for everything in the game. I admit I'm fuzzy in the details, and the thread has 30 pages, I'm just posting it here because it's something you might want to look into.

See e.g. Meph's item tileset here. That said, I don't really like Meph's huge and colourful art direction and would prefer something more modest and iconic, which is why my hopes are in you. No pressure.  ;)
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[0.40.02v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Elf edition)
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2014, 09:13:57 am »

*Updated* 0.40.02v00
Plants and trees updated.
New tree trunk tile.
Leaves are now edible. (Quarry bush only. (After being processed.))

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2014, 09:26:21 am »

Spoiler: Glorious Round Trees (click to show/hide)

Love your work, Phoebus.

By the way, in your hibernation you might have not noticed the Text will be Text plugin, which allows you to set basically a unique tile for everything in the game. I admit I'm fuzzy in the details, and the thread has 30 pages, I'm just posting it here because it's something you might want to look into.

See e.g. Meph's item tileset here. That said, I don't really like Meph's huge and colourful art direction and would prefer something more modest and iconic, which is why my hopes are in you. No pressure.  ;)
I was aware of that development. I'm waiting to see how stable and flexible the system is. Take in consideration that I create few tiles, I mostly combine tiles created by other artists and try to find the best compromises for problems caused by limited and hardcoded tiles. TwbT fixes those problems directly. Graphic sets are completely different beasts with and without TwbT.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.02v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Elf edition)
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2014, 11:45:51 am »

I come back to dwarf fortress for the update after a year of hibernation and whats the first tile-set ready for the update only days after the release? Great job as always, i really admire your tenacity. Keep up the good work.

(My God, has it really been a year?)
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Kingpin232323

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2014, 12:48:50 pm »

I noticed with ASCII that in the spring the trees get different colors and things like that.

Is it the same with these tilesets?
Or is that still work in progress?

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2014, 02:40:06 pm »

I noticed with ASCII that in the spring the trees get different colors and things like that.

Is it the same with these tilesets?
Or is that still work in progress?
Same thing in the tilesets. The tilesets are black and white, it's the game that chooses how to color each tile.

MorphiusFaydal

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2014, 02:49:50 pm »

First up, I just want to say thank you so much for this graphics pack! It is gorgeous!

Second, raw/graphics/version.txt still shows 0.34.11v01. Shouldn't that be updated? :)

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2014, 04:23:25 pm »

First up, I just want to say thank you so much for this graphics pack! It is gorgeous!

Second, raw/graphics/version.txt still shows 0.34.11v01. Shouldn't that be updated? :)
That version.txt is for the version of the graphics folder only, which has not changed since 0.34.11v01 when I added a background texture to Doren's creatures.
It's a relic of a time when I packaged unit graphics separately. It was more trouble than it was worth; Other utilities were offering the same function, but better.

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
  • Crystal blades and Scaled plate, Razors of Dawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2014, 07:04:15 pm »

um, im having a very major problem. Said very major problem is that I cant open up the website where you get the pre-installed package from.
Scales and fangs, Cydaela and blade, Crystal and fire! March, Kizaurun! March to glory and to vengeance! March for the Razors of Dawn!

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
  • Crystal blades and Scaled plate, Razors of Dawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2014, 07:15:08 pm »

oh yeah, and the mediafire download works but that one isnt updated to the most recent version.
Scales and fangs, Cydaela and blade, Crystal and fire! March, Kizaurun! March to glory and to vengeance! March for the Razors of Dawn!

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2014, 07:31:18 pm »

Because I've been away so long, how do I apply the phoebus graphics to the 0.40.02 version or is an official release just around the corner?

So, I tried to do this myself. I updated the 4 instances of the name of the graphic set in the init file. The walls look fine, but the dwarves look weird and strange. Did I miss something?

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2014, 09:21:42 pm »

The tile still needs a lot of work.

That looks a lot better!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 52