Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52]

Author Topic: [0.40.24v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set  (Read 425375 times)

Baleur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.24v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set
« Reply #765 on: April 19, 2021, 01:12:36 pm »

Im also having the issue with 0's as Coffins instead of the proper TWBT tile.
Ill try manually copying the twbt folder contents to art / init instead.
Using the LNP doesnt seem to properly copy those files.

DogsRNice

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist Maclunky
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #766 on: January 18, 2023, 11:19:37 am »

Sorry for the necropost but are there any plans for someone to update this pack? (Not sure if the newest classic version supports this) Or port it to the steam version if that's possible.

This pack is basically the look I think of when I think about Dwarf Fortress
I had an FB named Ned once.  I kept imagining a giant Ned Flanders...

Want an underground tree with green wood? Check out this tiny mod I made to add one

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: February 25, 2023, 04:21:13 pm »

Sorry for the necropost but are there any plans for someone to update this pack? (Not sure if the newest classic version supports this) Or port it to the steam version if that's possible.

I have been given to understand that all the traditional tile sets will not work in 50.x+ due to the way that Premium rewrote the fundamental interactions for how graphics work.  I do not know what would be involved in updating the old packs.

DogsRNice

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist Maclunky
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #768 on: June 24, 2023, 10:03:45 pm »

I have been given to understand that all the traditional tile sets will not work in 50.x+ due to the way that Premium rewrote the fundamental interactions for how graphics work.  I do not know what would be involved in updating the old packs.

So I finally decided to look into this (mostly out of curiosity) and I'm pretty over my head looking into the files for both the vanilla graphics and the version of this hosted on github, a conversion looks like it would be a pretty big undertaking if anyone ever wanted to make one, not to mention the need for new graphics for stuff that's been added in vanilla...
I had an FB named Ned once.  I kept imagining a giant Ned Flanders...

Want an underground tree with green wood? Check out this tiny mod I made to add one

Clatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: June 30, 2023, 08:17:55 am »

So I finally decided to look into this (mostly out of curiosity) and I'm pretty over my head looking into the files for both the vanilla graphics and the version of this hosted on github, a conversion looks like it would be a pretty big undertaking if anyone ever wanted to make one, not to mention the need for new graphics for stuff that's been added in vanilla...

I figure it's only a matter of time before people start tearing that stuff apart to see how it works.  ;)

,,, but gads... there's a whole lot more there now.

dirkzen

• Bay Watcher
  • Flood the depot. Get free stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: December 05, 2023, 12:18:06 pm »

Oh good lord, yea, I thought i'd be a clever boy and just sorta drop in the Phoebus' tileset into the current vanilla DF art folder and rename a few things, but... not quite  :o
Folder structure has changed a bit more drastically than i'd realized.
Bit of a shame, this and Mayday were the only tilesets I really used much at all.
Forgotten beasts flying up the wells and eating them might cause some negative effects.

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: December 05, 2023, 06:50:57 pm »

Yes, it's changed *completely*.  There is no upgrade path from old graphics sets to new ones.  Keep in mind that the old graphics sets were technically mods that had reverse engineered the way the game worked.  When Toady made premium, he redesigned *everything* and so now the old graphics set mods don't work at all (and can't be made to work).

There is at least one person who has said that they will start a new graphics set for v0.50, but it's in such an early state that I don't think anything has actually been done :-)  It's a big, big job so I don't expect we'll see anything usable for a year or so.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52]