Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 52

Author Topic: [0.40.24v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set  (Read 422812 times)

nimbus25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is a truetype issue - using F12 to toggle it off and back on should reset the problem.
Thanks for the help, especially with how fast that was. Turning it back on didn't fix it, so I'm just going to leave it off, I don't really mind.

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile

This is a truetype issue - using F12 to toggle it off and back on should reset the problem.
Thanks for the help, especially with how fast that was. Turning it back on didn't fix it, so I'm just going to leave it off, I don't really mind.
Isn't it F10? Anyway, it's just a temporary fix, unfortunately. It may fix the missing letters for a few dozen seconds or so, but it comes back eventually. You'd have to press the button every once in a while, but I personally don't mind doing that if it means I can actually differentiate between the gender symbols.

EvilBob22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is a setting to start with true-type turned off in one of the ini files.  (I'm not at my computer, so I don't have the details handy.)  That is one of the first things I do after installing a graphics pack.
I will run the experiment to completion anyway, however. Even if the only reason why there is a punctured equilibrium in the fortress is because I have been brutally butchering babies
EDIT: I just remembered that dwarves can't equip halberds. That might explain why the squads that use them always die.

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 10:09:25 am by falcn »

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I loaded my save and this happens
IIRC phoebus uses the ¿ for unused tiles on his tileset.
You don't have the correct raws for the tileset you want to use. Phoebus' uses different raws from the default. Each DF save stores its own raws. So assuming you installed phoebus correctly, you just have to copy the raws from the DF root folder and overwrite the raws of your save.
I suggest you backup your save before that, in case something goes wrong.
Also, make sure you have the correct data/init/d_init.txt settings.

I'm not sure what's wrong though. The minerals/stones seem to be correctly shown (which are different from default, too), so the raws only seem to be partially incorrect.

Really, it would be best to tell us what exactly you did.
What tileset did you use before?
How exactly did you install phoebus?
Where did you get the download from?
Are you using any mods?
Are you using any dfhack plugins that could affect this?
What versions of all these things are you using?

If all else fails, download phoebus' prepacked download, extract in a new folder, make sure it works.
then, copy over your save, and finally overwrite your save's raws with the ones from the root folder of the new phoebus install.
Make sure that works too, and then apply whatever dfhack stuff, mods, etc you want.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

Rewoljwer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Do please to dvarfa women pictures and male dvarfa mixed. I would like to have more pictures of weapons and armor-like in Masterworke. All this want I am not the only one, but still many people will support me.

Rewoljwer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Do please to dvarfa women pictures and male dvarfa mixed. I would like to have more pictures of weapons and armor-like in Masterworke. All this want I am not the only one, but still many people will support me.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Gnomeknows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What's that lassie?  Jeff's fallen down the well?
In fact, we should really say, that beards are born with babies.  Since beards are sentient it is quite possible they style themselves or even that they grow styled.
I'm totally convinced dwarven babies are born with beards. How those get braided, combed or shaved before birth is one of the arcane dwarven mysteries.

Lockyy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tales from the Fortress

Hope Pheobus is updated for DF2014, really love the artwork in it.

Anyone know if Pheobus will work alright in the new version and just fallback to default textures for things not covered? Or are tilesets not backwards compatible?

If you do read this Pheobus, thanks for all the hard work over the years.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 08:58:59 am by Lockyy »
Tales from the Fortress is my website dedicated to archiving stories from the world of dwarf fortress.

Now updated to include a DF2014 section!

ronron

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

If it wasn't for this tileset I couldn't have started playing DF, and now all the other tileset look worse to me. I hope we get an update!
I have poor grammar, if you find some errors feel free to make me know so I can improve that.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is my favorite graphics pack by far, I do hope for an update in the near future. Thank you for an awesome graphics pack!
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Aydjile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Phoebus, you still with us? Please let us know if we should expect tileset update.
Reality exists is only in our imagination.

Мой канал о жизни крепостей из Дварф Фортресс - https://www.youtube.com/user/Aydjile

Lockyy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tales from the Fortress

I've loaded up .40 with the latest version of Phoebus and it seems to be working almost perfectly. A few things seem odd but for those who cannot play without this tileset it's perfectly usable.

Also, it'd be great if those using it were able to point out problems, it'll probably help things along.

For me the only thing I've seen so far is that it seems like Goblin Settlements use the cloth icon instead of whatever they used to use, so that might've been moved around.
Tales from the Fortress is my website dedicated to archiving stories from the world of dwarf fortress.

Now updated to include a DF2014 section!

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do the new trees look with this tileset, if you use the .34 version of it?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 52