Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 52

Author Topic: [0.40.24v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set  (Read 422770 times)

antropia

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

How do the new trees look with this tileset, if you use the .34 version of it?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lockyy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tales from the Fortress

Just came back to mention this.

No textures at all, just black squares.

As you can see in the last post in the image.

Don't include the raws from the pheobus download if you want it to work. Also do not use the init updater, do it yourself manually. Trees are working fine for me now. Not textured, but visible.

Result:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 03:11:35 pm by Lockyy »
Tales from the Fortress is my website dedicated to archiving stories from the world of dwarf fortress.

Now updated to include a DF2014 section!

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I attempted to run the game with the most recent Phoebus graphics set (.34.11v01) ontop of the new .40.01 df release. Upon running a fortress I already started, I encountered a "FATAL ERROR" window. It reads "Missing Plant Gloss: BERRIES_STRAW."

I assume that as long as your fortress doesn't contain certain items that are new, you should be fine. Otherwise either a) start a fortress until you do not get any errors like this or b) wait until a new graphics pack comes out.

I for one will simply continue playing my current fortress without a graphics pack for now. :-)
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just came back to mention this.

No textures at all, just black squares.

As you can see in the last post in the image.

Don't include the raws from the pheobus download if you want it to work. Also do not use the init updater, do it yourself manually. Trees are working fine for me now. Not textured, but visible.

Result:

Thanks, Ill do this when I start it up soon this week if not today

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

PTW, and apparently, I've forgotten how to install graphics packs.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Lockyy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've packaged up my version of Dwarf Fortress with Pheobus installed and working nicely with trees.

You can download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7zit70gkikl9ik/DF2014_with_Pheobus.zip

The tileset assembler is included and worked perfectly for me.

Note: Sand looks a little weird (the solid yellow walls in the first image) and roots and certain branches are displayed using gems. This isn't great but is just how the current tileset works. It still looks much nicer than empty, black space.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 03:42:03 pm by Lockyy »
Tales from the Fortress is my website dedicated to archiving stories from the world of dwarf fortress.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Awesome, much appreciated.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've packaged up my version of Dwarf Fortress with Pheobus installed and working nicely with trees.

You can download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7zit70gkikl9ik/DF2014_with_Pheobus.zip

Note: Sand looks a little weird (the solid yellow walls in the first image) and roots and certain branches are displayed using gems. This isn't great but is just how the current tileset works. It still looks much nicer than empty, black space.

wow, I forgot how nice people are on here, compared to the internet

cken1774

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

You sir are a Gentleman and a Scholar

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Thanks, I can start playing some adventure mode a little earlier than anticipated.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Lockyy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I posted the link in a separate thread so that it doesn't get buried under posts and so people just glancing in for working tilesets can see there is one available.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=140111.0

Aydjile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

my version of Dwarf Fortress with Pheobus

thank you, good sir.
Reality exists is only in our imagination.

Мой канал о жизни крепостей из Дварф Фортресс - https://www.youtube.com/user/Aydjile

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I apologize for the delay. I've just noticed the new release and I'm starting to update the graphic set right now. It could take a few days to make everything work right.

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile

I apologize for the delay. I've just noticed the new release and I'm starting to update the graphic set right now. It could take a few days to make everything work right.
Fantastic news! This is my second favorite tileset, Spacefox is my favorite.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 52