Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 52

Author Topic: [0.40.24v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set  (Read 422738 times)

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I apologize for the delay. I've just noticed the new release and I'm starting to update the graphic set right now. It could take a few days to make everything work right.

WOHOOOO

Mokkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I apologize for the delay. I've just noticed the new release and I'm starting to update the graphic set right now. It could take a few days to make everything work right.
Nice. Cant wait.
Still take your time.. ;)
This is my favorite graphic set..

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 12:14:34 pm by Phoebus »

Mokkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(yes, joke flying way over my head)....

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile

(yes, joke flying way over my head)....
I think he was referring to the fact that he hadn't said a thing around here in like 4 months :P

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's the best I can do for the moment.

There seems to be a problem with the central trunk and the large branch tips using the tile in the config. I can't do miracles there.

The new tree system does reduce the number of tiles needed for trees. Some are still used on the overworld map, but others are freed and could be used for higher quality branches and leaves.

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There seems to be a problem with the central trunk and the large branch tips using the tile in the config. I can't do miracles there.

Details? Does the game just ignore what you assign in d_init.txt?
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Central trunk and large branch terminations are using the same assignment line. So if I change one, I change the other. That seems like a strange limitation given how much customization there is for the other details of the tree structure.

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Central trunk and large branch terminations are using the same assignment line. So if I change one, I change the other. That seems like a strange limitation given how much customization there is for the other details of the tree structure.
Ah yeah, I see what you mean. Have you found out what TREE_CAP_PILLAR does? I haven't found a change when assigning tile #001 to it for debugging. Maybe that setting is supposed to change large branch terminations, but doesn't due to a bug.

Edit: looking at it again, it does make sense to me now. If you consider it to mean "straight vertical branch", it's really the same as a trunk.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 01:44:13 pm by CLA »
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[0.40.01v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set (What year is it? edition)
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2014, 01:33:56 pm »

*Updated* 0.40.01v00
An ancient evil has been awakened.
Most of the graphic set has been updated to the latest version.
No tileset changes.
Plants and trees raws are still vanillas. I will not delay the release further, or risk breaking the raws by hastily modifying the new plant and tree system.
Expect some plants to look a bit funky until they get updated.
I've made the trees as pretty as I could without changing the raws or the tileset.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.01v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set (What year is it? edition)
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2014, 01:36:53 pm »

The last version (34.11v01) was downloaded 47605 times from DFFD.

Turn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2014, 02:14:31 pm »

Thanks for your work, now I won't mentally shout "C is for cat" every time one runs by (oh so frequently....)

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2014, 02:19:30 pm »

Props to you, sir for this fine piece of work.

Seriously thanks it's my favourite graphics set.
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2014, 02:21:07 pm »

Thank you Phoebus, I for one am very appreciative of the work you put in to make these updates so quickly.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2014, 03:06:00 pm »

Thank you for all the work you've done. I mostly use ASCII, but I've used your tileset a few times, and it's one of the best out there. Clean, readable, and you can easily tell what something is (Almost as easily as in ASCII  :P). I'm sure there arem many people who've gotten into the game because of your tileset that wouldn't otherwise. And I've noticed how many other tilesets there are that use your creature craphics, your raws, and even some of your tiles.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 52