Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 52

Author Topic: [0.40.24v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set  (Read 425332 times)

Quiet-Sun

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • www.solardynamo.org
Re: [0.40.24v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set
« Reply #600 on: February 09, 2016, 10:45:41 am »

Keep an eye open for it
:o I'll keep two!
Three-eyed raven is watching you as well.

Oh no Chimerat!  I discovered I have access to a Linux server with Matlab, would a linux binary work for you?

Ok! the tools are up!

"Unfortunately these tools work only for Windows 64-bit"
*dies* NOooo... :(

Aydjile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: February 10, 2016, 09:02:21 am »

ah! link please?
Reality exists is only in our imagination.

Мой канал о жизни крепостей из Дварф Фортресс - https://www.youtube.com/user/Aydjile

Quiet-Sun

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • www.solardynamo.org
« Reply #602 on: February 10, 2016, 09:57:54 am »

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 10, 2016, 07:32:20 pm »

Oh no Chimerat!  I discovered I have access to a Linux server with Matlab, would a linux binary work for you?
(At least I think that's what was new in there?)

I don't use Linux. I use Windows 7, but 32 bit, not 64.

Quiet-Sun

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • www.solardynamo.org
« Reply #604 on: February 10, 2016, 10:39:14 pm »

Ah! That's easier to solve!  go to my thread and download the version there.  Install the 32bit matlab runtime and let me know if it works.  Let's switch our conversation to the other thread too.  I'll help you there.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 11, 2016, 04:09:55 am »

I've been using this version of Phoebus for 42.05, but it doesn't seem to be working for .06 (at least PyLNP doesn't show it as available for installing).

Does it need to be updated or am I doing it wrong?
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 11, 2016, 05:28:16 am »

I've been using this version of Phoebus for 42.05, but it doesn't seem to be working for .06 (at least PyLNP doesn't show it as available for installing).

Yes, it needs to be updated (probably, I haven't tested yet).  The df_max_version declared in manifest.json thus tells PyLNP to hide it from users who might otherwise break their savegames...
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

sv-esk

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry for my bad english
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 11, 2016, 06:02:51 am »

Code: (file changes.txt) [Select]

Auxiliary file changes for 0.42.06:

announcements
removed TRAVEL_ADVISORY

reaction
added adv bone carving reactions, with category support
added has_edge for reagent   

manifest.json is only thing that needs to be updated in pack itself

BTW lion man and 42.05 lizards still ASCII
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 07:03:56 am by sv-esk »

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 11, 2016, 07:01:38 am »

Yes, it needs to be updated (probably, I haven't tested yet).  The df_max_version declared in manifest.json thus tells PyLNP to hide it from users who might otherwise break their savegames...

Yeah that worked, thanks :)
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

TheOnlySolitaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [BRAG_ON_KILL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: March 27, 2016, 07:08:46 pm »

Hi guys.

It's been a few years since I've played. I'm excited to get back into DF again, but I'm hitting a problem. I've used both the stable and unstable versions of LNP to install Phoebus, and even downloaded a Phoebus tileset master file from one of the recent posts above. But while the tileset seems to work on Fortress mode, it doesn't work on the world-gen/site selection screens, where it seems to revert to Ascii.

I swear I remember there being tiles for the woods/jungles/oceans and such on the worldgen that were the same on fort view, ie grasslands were displayed like grass tiles were.

Is that no longer the case, or is there an issue with my installation of Phoebus?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 27, 2016, 07:16:28 pm »

Hi guys.

It's been a few years since I've played. I'm excited to get back into DF again, but I'm hitting a problem. I've used both the stable and unstable versions of LNP to install Phoebus, and even downloaded a Phoebus tileset master file from one of the recent posts above. But while the tileset seems to work on Fortress mode, it doesn't work on the world-gen/site selection screens, where it seems to revert to Ascii.

I swear I remember there being tiles for the woods/jungles/oceans and such on the worldgen that were the same on fort view, ie grasslands were displayed like grass tiles were.

Is that no longer the case, or is there an issue with my installation of Phoebus?
I think that's a TWBT issue. It uses the tileset you have set for your text to show the map.

TheOnlySolitaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [BRAG_ON_KILL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: March 27, 2016, 07:20:18 pm »

I think that's a TWBT issue. It uses the tileset you have set for your text to show the map.

Thanks for the speedy reply.

TWBT is "Text Will Be Text", correct?

So should I download TWBT or do I need to edit a setting with notepad++?

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 28, 2016, 04:45:00 am »

Thanks for the speedy reply.

TWBT is "Text Will Be Text", correct?

So should I download TWBT or do I need to edit a setting with notepad++?
You already have TWBT - that's why this is happening. You can either disable TWBT or edit a setting with notepad++ (data/init/init.txt: FONT and FULLFONT to the same as GRAPHIC_FONT and GRAPHICS_FULLFONT, which should be phoebus_something.png).

The reason this is done is so that text looks like text: no levers or other weird looking tiles, and grass patches instead of punctuation in text.
This also includes the world map.

You can set the "second" tileset to whatever you want, by the way. it doesn't have to be the default tileset.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 28, 2016, 06:19:21 am »

I loved my custom font tileset which I used with TWBT. But it was totally inappropriate for the map. Eventually it became annoying having to remember to turn it off whenever I started a new game or wanted to export to Legends Viewer so I gave up on TWBT altogether (was crashing adventurer too at the time which helped make the decision easier).

TheOnlySolitaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [BRAG_ON_KILL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 28, 2016, 06:49:26 am »

-snip-
-snip-

Thanks a lot guys, I solved the problem and Phoebus works properly now.

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 52