Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 52

Author Topic: [0.40.24v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set  (Read 422775 times)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.24v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set
« Reply #705 on: December 12, 2017, 04:18:33 am »

Putting them on a new tilesheet is good, but editing the existing one works too. Some good things about a new tilesheet is that we can keep all your contributions together in one folder, and the smaller tilesheet makes it easier to write the text file for it.

I can write the text files for your graphics if you don't want to mess with that part. And if the background image of the dwarves is making things difficult, I can add that too if you need.

AikonCWD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: December 12, 2017, 04:35:27 pm »

Putting them on a new tilesheet is good, but editing the existing one works too. Some good things about a new tilesheet is that we can keep all your contributions together in one folder, and the smaller tilesheet makes it easier to write the text file for it.

I can write the text files for your graphics if you don't want to mess with that part. And if the background image of the dwarves is making things difficult, I can add that too if you need.

Code: [Select]
graphics_aikoncwd_professions

[OBJECT:GRAPHICS]

[TILE_PAGE:AIKONCWD_P]
[FILE:aikoncwd/newprofessions.png]
[TILE_DIM:16:16]
[PAGE_DIM:3:2]

[CREATURE_GRAPHICS:DWARF]
[CRIMINAL:AIKONCWD_P:0:0:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
[PEDDLER:AIKONCWD_P:1:0:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
[PROPHET:AIKONCWD_P:2:0:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
[PILGRIM:AIKONCWD_P:0:1:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
[MONK:AIKONCWD_P:1:1:AS_IS:DEFAULT]

Don't know if I the TXT is ok, its my first time doing this. Hope you guys enjoy my designs. :D
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 06:36:37 pm by AikonCWD »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: December 12, 2017, 07:02:47 pm »

These look great, AikonCWD! Your text file looks correct to me, and it doesn't freeze my game, so it's probably good. Your pull request is accepted.

AikonCWD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: December 12, 2017, 07:13:42 pm »

These look great, AikonCWD! Your text file looks correct to me, and it doesn't freeze my game, so it's probably good. Your pull request is accepted.

So.. Where is my dwarf cookie? :P

Stardog765

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: December 13, 2017, 09:27:27 pm »

Hello all! Just coming back to DF after years and as always using my favorite tileset Phoebus.
Thank you for your hard work!

I have a quick question just because I am OCD about stuff like this and I am sure someone here will know right away the answer.

When I build a Still Workshop for some reason now a days it looks like this:

But this is from an old version and it looked like this:

Is there something broke with workshops on the DF 0.44.02?  I know its not just on Phoebus so I am not saying it is something wrong here just this is the tileset I prefer so I thought I would ask here.
Maybe something broken with my install?

Thank you much for any help and I am sorry for my OCD :)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: December 13, 2017, 09:34:41 pm »

There's probably other people wondering too. It's an issue in the alpha version of DFHack for DF v0.44.02. Things other than tilesets are being affected by it. The DFHack team has solved the problem, though, so it should be fixed in their next release.

Stardog765

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: December 13, 2017, 09:36:27 pm »

Oh that's great to hear!  Thank you.

Good I know im not the only one and a fix is in the works. I know it seems like such a little thing and I feel bad even about complaining but sometimes the simplest thing can drive ya nuts :)

AikonCWD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: December 21, 2017, 06:57:46 am »

Adding new proffesions for kobolds: https://github.com/DFgraphics/Phoebus/pull/12

Working now with humans, goblins and elves

se05239

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: December 30, 2017, 03:07:23 pm »

I got a question.
I am a pretty amateur modder and I have added a few new races and stuff. However, since they lack any graphics in the Phoebus graphics set they'll just appear as letters (like this https://gyazo.com/caab73a69177f66a891ab291398b9d77 )

How would I go about to give them graphics? I rather not give every profession a unique look if possible, just civilian/soldier graphics.
I really don't like it that they are just letters.

burned

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • burnedFX
« Reply #714 on: December 30, 2017, 03:15:12 pm »

How would I go about to give them graphics?

The wiki goes into detail about this; you can also look at the set you're using and see how that was done.

I hope that helps.
DFMA Profile | burnedfx Graphic Set

The process of delving into the black abyss is to me the keenest form of fascination. - H. P. Lovecraft
The Delvers
. . .the middle ground between light and shadow . . . - Rod Serling
The Delvers' Podcast

se05239

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: January 02, 2018, 10:04:16 am »

The wiki goes into detail about this; you can also look at the set you're using and see how that was done.

I hope that helps.

I guess it does but it's way too much information and I am kinda discouraged from it. Having to learn a crash course in pixel art is kinda disheartening as well.
So much for believing in easy fixes.

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: January 02, 2018, 12:01:02 pm »

I hope that helps.

I guess it does but it's way too much information and I am kinda discouraged from it. Having to learn a crash course in pixel art is kinda disheartening as well.

You won't get around learning how to draw pixel art, but you could just use an existing graphic set and change the image to your race and replace the race name in the text file with the name your race has in the raws.
Delete the text with professions you don't want to draw (you can keep the graphics), but keep DEFAULT and STANDARD for your civilians.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

se05239

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: January 09, 2018, 12:07:25 pm »

I hope that helps.

You won't get around learning how to draw pixel art, but you could just use an existing graphic set and change the image to your race and replace the race name in the text file with the name your race has in the raws.
Delete the text with professions you don't want to draw (you can keep the graphics), but keep DEFAULT and STANDARD for your civilians.

Is it possible to do like the default ASCII tileset is and have two different spites that change color based upon profession and if they're in military or not, or do I have to make something for each profession.
The custom race I've made for myself is kinda hard to just squeeze in a 16x16 spot and then it gets even worse if I should try make it each spite look like their profession.

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: January 09, 2018, 01:46:17 pm »

Is it possible to do like the default ASCII tileset is and have two different spites that change color based upon profession and if they're in military or not, or do I have to make something for each profession.
The custom race I've made for myself is kinda hard to just squeeze in a 16x16 spot and then it gets even worse if I should try make it each spite look like their profession.
You can tell the game to either use the graphic as it is (that is, you give it color) or let the game decide the color (usually that means the visible pixels of your sprite are white or at least greyscale), which would result in what you want.
The Graphic Set page on the wiki linked above tells you details. Look for AS_IS and ADD_COLOR, respectively.

So you have two possible solutions: either you draw one graphic, and write in the text file that all professions should use that graphic and color it automatically (i.e. they all point to the same coordinate and have ADD_COLOR).

Or, if for some reason that doesn't work as you want, you can draw one graphic, duplicate it below or next to it again and again and give them all different colors. Then you would write AS_IS and a different coordinate for each profession in the text file.
Another use case for the second option is if you don't want to write so much yourself and base it on an existing graphic set that has all the professions you want.
That way you'd have a minimum amount of work for both, writing the text file and drawing the graphic.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

burned

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • burnedFX
« Reply #719 on: January 09, 2018, 06:42:30 pm »

@se05239 Take a look at Nopal's tilesets, specifically the +Nopal Wacky 12x12+. It's an excellent example of using ADD_COLOR to cover all professions with minimal creature tiles.
DFMA Profile | burnedfx Graphic Set

The process of delving into the black abyss is to me the keenest form of fascination. - H. P. Lovecraft
The Delvers
. . .the middle ground between light and shadow . . . - Rod Serling
The Delvers' Podcast
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 52