Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52

Author Topic: [0.40.24v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set  (Read 424608 times)

taleden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.24v00] Phoebus' Graphic Set
« Reply #735 on: July 16, 2018, 09:56:57 am »

Sorry about that. The TWBT content isn't installed by default anymore. It's so that the twbt version and non-twbt versions can have slightly different versions of the files that are better optimized for them. You'll probably want to override the non-TWBT versions with the TWBT versions.

I was wondering why my bins and up-down stairs were both generic X's when I could swear they used to look better, and was disappointed to discover that apparently as you say PE's starter pack no longer installs the TWBT version of Phoebus (or any graphics pack?) which seems really silly to me since it does include TWBT (and enables it by default, I think?)

Do you know what would have to happen to convince PE to revert that change? I like his starter pack but if I have to go copying directories around and editing text files by hand just to get the tileset to look as intended, that kind of defeats the purpose of the pack for me.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: July 16, 2018, 11:05:15 am »

It's not obvious but all it takes is this:

The TWBT components are no longer installed by default on the repo. This is to allow TWBT to get the cool TWBT transparency features without making the pack look worse for non-TWBT users.
Here's how to install the TWBT components:
  • Open the /LNP/Graphics/Spacefox/ folder.
  • Copy & Paste \graphics\Spacefox to make a duplicate in case you mess up or don't if you never deleted the rar file it's easy to get back.
  • Copy the contents of the /raw/art/ folder to the /data/art/.
  • Copy the contents of the /raw/init/ folder to the /data/init/.
  • Copy the "onLoad_gfx_Spacefox.init" file into the /raw/ folder.
  • Launch the Starter Pack launcher, go to the Graphics tab, and double-click "Spacefox" and reinstall it into your saves.
This will give you dwarves and creatures without the background around them.
It will let you see the floor behind most of the furniture.
It will give you a text font designed for use with Spacefox.
It will make the workshops look fancy again.
And lots of other stuff.

That but with phoebus. Somehow PeridexisErrant's DF starter pack does not mention on the front page any of that info or that it is not installed as default. So it really is pretty easy to miss it.(not that one reads that info..unless it's their first time. You'd need to know which hole to put it in.)

Meph's pack comes with twbt enabled however because without it, it'd be bad. But that is also why it is good.

taleden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: July 16, 2018, 11:20:15 am »

Yeah, I think I understand now why things like bins and stairs stopped looking good when using Phoebus in PE's pack, and I understand how to fix it, I just don't understand why PE apparently changed it to look worse in the use case that I imagine must be by far the most common (TWBT enabled). All that fussing about with directory and file copies strikes me as something that users of PE's pack shouldn't have to do, because avoiding it is exactly why they're using PE's pack in the first place, so I wondered if jecowa had any insight into why PE did that and how we might convince him to change it back.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: July 16, 2018, 03:25:54 pm »

PE's pack has a thread - I recommend asking there instead of wondering here.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Aydjile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: July 25, 2018, 12:12:00 pm »

Can we get Phoebus Tile Assembler?
Reality exists is only in our imagination.

Мой канал о жизни крепостей из Дварф Фортресс - https://www.youtube.com/user/Aydjile

taleden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: August 05, 2018, 04:51:27 pm »

I noticed today that my pig tails have a leafy icon exactly like quarry bushes (and their leaves), which seems odd. Is there no unique icon for pig tails? Or is there something wrong with my installation of the pack?

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
  • make due with what you have
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: October 09, 2018, 03:30:55 pm »

is there anything that might go wrong if i installed this with latest Linux df version?  what would i need to adjust or clean up if partial working?

treehugger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 29, 2019, 11:33:24 am »

It's not obvious but all it takes is this:

The TWBT components are no longer installed by default on the repo. This is to allow TWBT to get the cool TWBT transparency features without making the pack look worse for non-TWBT users.
Here's how to install the TWBT components:
  • Open the /LNP/Graphics/Spacefox/ folder.
  • Copy & Paste \graphics\Spacefox to make a duplicate in case you mess up or don't if you never deleted the rar file it's easy to get back.
  • Copy the contents of the /raw/art/ folder to the /data/art/.
  • Copy the contents of the /raw/init/ folder to the /data/init/.
  • Copy the "onLoad_gfx_Spacefox.init" file into the /raw/ folder.
  • Launch the Starter Pack launcher, go to the Graphics tab, and double-click "Spacefox" and reinstall it into your saves.
This will give you dwarves and creatures without the background around them.
It will let you see the floor behind most of the furniture.
It will give you a text font designed for use with Spacefox.
It will make the workshops look fancy again.
And lots of other stuff.

That but with phoebus. Somehow PeridexisErrant's DF starter pack does not mention on the front page any of that info or that it is not installed as default. So it really is pretty easy to miss it.(not that one reads that info..unless it's their first time. You'd need to know which hole to put it in.)

Meph's pack comes with twbt enabled however because without it, it'd be bad. But that is also why it is good.

Hi. I do not get what I am doing wrong. I copied over the files and reinstalled the graphics in the twbt launcher(I tried both versions of the duplicate) But I get no difference. Still x's for stairs and bins...

treehugger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: October 01, 2019, 08:02:07 am »

Figured it out. I was copying from the wrong folder  ;D

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: February 19, 2020, 02:23:39 am »

I'm working on altar graphics. Any thoughts on how to improve or alternate suggestions?

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: February 19, 2020, 06:24:12 am »

Looks good!

If I were doing dwarven altars, I'd probably make them blockier and more substantial; a big thick slab on a massive rectangular plinth, but yours are perfectly satisfactory.

I hope he puts in stone altars, incidentally.
Team Bug Fix!

JEB Davis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: February 19, 2020, 07:41:19 am »

...snip...
If I were doing dwarven altars, I'd probably make them blockier and more substantial; a big thick slab on a massive rectangular plinth,
+1

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: February 20, 2020, 03:54:05 am »

So, Toady replied to when I'd previously mentioned stone altars, and, well:

Quote from: clinodev
[snip]
*   Okay, I admit I haven't seen anyone comment about this yet, but since you've just touched this new code, I wonder if we could get stone altars as well as metal ones? Leave the wood ones to the elves, of course.
[snip]
I'll check the stone altars as well.  I agree it's the most sensible material.

It might be worth thinking about stone altars as well.  :)
Team Bug Fix!

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: February 20, 2020, 05:21:39 am »

i'd prefer a rather raceneutral altar - so that it can also look fitting when playing as human.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: February 20, 2020, 06:00:18 pm »

i'd prefer a rather raceneutral altar - so that it can also look fitting when playing as human.

The one jecowa posted above is very reminiscent of alters for burnt offerings,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
or
which is appropriate, as currently there are only metal altars.

The ones I'm suggesting are more reminiscent of stone altars, like this
or this
which we may be getting, but they're all quite definitely human, historical styles.
Team Bug Fix!
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52