Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Art learning thread: The lesson strikes back  (Read 6316 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Art learning thread: The lesson strikes back
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2014, 08:33:18 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think the main difference between the two is that he seems to make his more grainy somehow. I don't know any artistic terms, so forgive me if you mentioned it already, but it seems more realistic. Yours seems to take one colour and spread it out, whilst his just...I dunno what he did, but it looks better. Not saying yours isn't better than anything I could even dream of making, though :P

I really like the latest one, by the way.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2014, 09:08:21 am »

Sorry Tiruin, Shook got the one I had so far :S

Also Th4DwArfY1 you're thinking of texture. His piece is very rich in texture because he used actual paint and all that. I could probably get a similar effect with some PS brushes and effort too. Might have to try that approach, since having something look painterly (a real expression used by other people!) is a rather nice style.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2014, 11:29:21 am »

Sorry for the lack of activity, most of last week was either unproductive or traditional stuff with very little of digital.

But, I did something brand new today, a plein air piece, somewhat atleast. I setup my laptop in front of the window and painted the awesome view. Wasn't easy since the clouds kept moving and shifting which also meant that the light was changing all the time. Still, great fun to do, especially since it didn't take that long and it looks kinda decent too :D

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]