Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: UMcS's Space Station - On Slow Movement and Remodeling  (Read 17071 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UMcS's Space Station - On Slow Movement and Remodeling
« Reply #150 on: July 21, 2014, 03:33:22 am »

A small announcement: Nienhaus enlightened me with the wonder that is SourceTree and taught me how to use it well enough that I don't break it in some form every week. I've since dumped my map on a Github repo branch, found here. Feel free to check the map.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 21, 2014, 09:54:20 am »

When you get closer to finishing, I can do for you what Android did for me and set up a branch on the main repo for you to push your map stuff to. Just a thought.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 03, 2014, 03:46:43 am »

Continued work on the map. I've more or less stopped posting updates to this thread, although I have another thing to mention between mapping sessions:

For those with grievances related to firelocks, I've decided upon a system where I order the map in "blocks" of rooms. This is to cut down on the orgy of firelocks often seen on maps running Baystation that make for frustratingly difficult obstacles in nearly every scenario. These blocks will have firelocks on all exterior doors except maintenance accesses and the interior will remain open. An example from engineering:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Naturally, you'll find some inconsistencies with what I said earlier. There's a few breaks in this rule:
  • Sensitive areas: This pretty much only applies to the bridge and connected areas. There's more firelocks than usual here because of its generally heightened security compared to other parts of the station.
  • Areas likely to burn down: All of engineering and research. There's more firelocks here because these places store phoron and other dangerous gasses.
  • Defenseless crew: Only genetics and cryo, as it stands. Places where people are expected to be totally defenseless for a period of time (fresh out of the cloner/ejected self from cryo) have additional firelocks just in case.
You'll never find a firelock under a maintenance door unless I messed something up on the map. This system will hopefully allow for less painful movement when the air shifts out of balance without sacrificing too much protection in the event of a real crisis.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 03, 2014, 05:15:20 am »

The entire point of firelocks is to lock people in when a fire starts so they can't escape. :V
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 05:18:01 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 03, 2014, 11:57:17 am »

Hows the vault situated? Can it be used for payday 2 style rounds?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 03, 2014, 11:40:29 pm »

The entire point of firelocks is to lock people in when a fire starts so they can't escape. :V
Getting killed by fire is no fun. I'd prefer it if the AI had to do more than fill distro loop with phoron -> disable vent checks on all the things to kill 80% of the crew. :p

Also:

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 04, 2014, 05:53:54 am »

I love the changing rooms and the little breakrooms next to the arena. Oh, and the arcade in the washing machine area. Nice little touches.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 08, 2014, 03:29:44 am »

The primary tool storage, across the hall from the chapel.

Assistant spawn points will be in the cafeteria and the dorms/locker room on my map instead of piling all of them into the primary tool storage.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 08, 2014, 04:31:57 pm »

Is that the robotics vending machine? Don't put that there, it spawns roboticist jumpsuits and circular saws.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 08, 2014, 04:33:27 pm »

Is that the robotics vending machine? Don't put that there, it spawns roboticist jumpsuits and circular saws.
It's a laptop vendor. I just realized they use the same sprite as the robotics machine.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 08, 2014, 04:39:08 pm »

Ahhh, that makes more sense.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 08, 2014, 11:25:54 pm »

« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 01:11:59 am by Jacob/Lee »

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 09, 2014, 09:46:15 am »

That gateway is sexy as fuck. Oh man. sec's looking nice, but six cells? Holy imprisonment batman.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 09, 2014, 09:50:51 am »

That gateway is sexy as fuck. Oh man. sec's looking nice, but six cells? Holy imprisonment batman.

The thing I like the most is how Sec could use the specific cells for varied severity of imprisonment, since they have different amount of outside accessibility. Have you considered having a communal brig though?

And yes, the gateway is sexay, and the kind of thing I love seeing in new maps - things done differently.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 09, 2014, 10:19:26 am »

Oh my god, you put door locks on the armory stuff. YOU EVIL BASTARD.  :'(
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13