Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: UMcS's Space Station - On Slow Movement and Remodeling  (Read 16793 times)

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
Re: UMcS's Space Station - On Slow Movement and Remodeling
« Reply #180 on: August 14, 2014, 05:19:27 pm »

Damn you and your love of Stechkins. Those may need to be removed because powergamers.

I'm fairly sure that as far as ballistics go, Stetchkins are piss-poor peashooter (alliteration accidental, apologies), whose only draw is the silencers. Well, and bullets being able to stick in the wound.

You would be surprised how good silencers can be with the bullet sticking. Bullet sticking makes surgery a LOT longer, and silencers can be used to quickly kill an unsuspecting target. Think of all the hit and runs done with the loud as hell revolver but instead silenced.

Exactly. WITH silencers. I guess you could add silencers to the Armory, but that makes Security seem more like Secret Thought NKVDestapo. Without them, it's a really weak pistol, in comparison to things like the Revolver or the Mateba. Same way as while dangerous, you'd pick an esword over a screwdriver.

I don't see the problem in security becoming the Thought Police.  :P

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 14, 2014, 05:32:52 pm »

Damn you and your love of Stechkins. Those may need to be removed because powergamers.

I'm fairly sure that as far as ballistics go, Stetchkins are piss-poor peashooter (alliteration accidental, apologies), whose only draw is the silencers. Well, and bullets being able to stick in the wound.

You would be surprised how good silencers can be with the bullet sticking. Bullet sticking makes surgery a LOT longer, and silencers can be used to quickly kill an unsuspecting target. Think of all the hit and runs done with the loud as hell revolver but instead silenced.

Exactly. WITH silencers. I guess you could add silencers to the Armory, but that makes Security seem more like Secret Thought NKVDestapo. Without them, it's a really weak pistol, in comparison to things like the Revolver or the Mateba. Same way as while dangerous, you'd pick an esword over a screwdriver.

I don't see the problem in security becoming the Thought Police.  :P

I don't see a change.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 14, 2014, 07:01:21 pm »

There are silencers in the contraband closet though, unless that's since been removed. Powergamers are gonna powergame.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 14, 2014, 07:54:43 pm »

Well, they are gonna have to go right past the HoS and the blueshield office to get at those guns, and past the warden to get the silencer.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 14, 2014, 08:54:10 pm »

Well, they are gonna have to go right past the HoS and the blueshield office to get at those guns, and past the warden to get the silencer.

You must severely overestimate how often they are actually at their office, much less fully manned. Trust me, I've broken into the armory MANY MANY times before, most of the time it is empty.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 14, 2014, 11:27:31 pm »

Yep, thats the sad thing about security.

frankly,its not too much of an issue if we keep the DM maps out of general circulation, so they dont show up.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 27, 2014, 10:06:29 pm »

Attention! Due to a recent change in Nanotrasen policy, all research stations from this point onwards will include a high-security storage area and firing range in the research wing for experimental weapons. Those capable of accessing the research and development lab may open it, as well as those with security office access, assuming they find a way into the research wing to begin with.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 27, 2014, 10:16:28 pm »

Can there be a semi-public firing area?
Inother words, one the public can watch.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 27, 2014, 11:27:20 pm »

Marksman competitions.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 28, 2014, 05:40:51 am »

Easier method - just add a camera and add a firing range to the bar monitor options.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]